OT: GOAT QB - its not Brady. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: GOAT QB - its not Brady.

Reaction Score
I agree about Marino--he was fantastic. But he was also a hothead (moreso than Brady) and chewed out his guys like no other. He'd get frustrated and lose his cool. Not a great leader. A great passer, and perhaps even better than Brady in terms of pocket presence (i.e. moving around the pocket). Brady is the 2nd best I've ever seen to Marino.

Still, other people threw a prettier ball. Jeff George for instance, and certainly Warren Moon who was probably the best thrower of the football in NFL history.

I have a lot of appreciation for Marino, but he threw a lot of INTs and forced the ball. Don't know if it was his ego or what. His defense wasn't all that bad either--the killer B's!!!

I hear a lot of news heads acknowledge that without Brady this Patriots team wins 8 games, and I think that's right--and almost too generous to the 8 win team. He's got Gronk (when he isn't injured) but not much else. It's amazing. Plug and play, the receivers come and go. Hogan?? Really? Reche Caldwell? Gaffney? Amendola?

You left Cooks out on purpose? He was a game changer for Brady this year, great move by the team.

Anyway yeah you have Marino pretty spot on. Jeff George great arm, maybe the best ever but a 2 cent head.

Reaction Score
What a defensive effort by Patricia's guys. Can't believe he didn't get pegged for a head coaching gig sooner.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Not sure as Brady’s pass was tougher to catch and a bad throw. At least Foles just had to turn around to catch his.
Also, The ball hit Brady in the worse place, his hands.

Reaction Score
That wasn't your question. You can't even get your own questions straight.

Montana’s the GOAT because of his SB performances. Brady can’t beat the lesser of 2 Manning’s or Nick Foles.

Montana > Brady

Reaction Score
Brady made 8 Super Bowls. Montana made 4. If Montana had made 8, he would have lost at least one.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Brady made 8 Super Bowls. Montana made 4. If Montana had made 8, he would have lost at least one.

If Belichick had Montana, doctors would have to graft extra cadaver fingers onto his hands to hold all the rings.

Reaction Score
If Belichick had Montana, doctors would have to graft extra cadaver fingers onto his hands to hold all the rings.

Stick to basketball if you can't tell that Brady and Gronk were all the Patriots had going for them tonight. Belichick had a very bad night, he sucked, and his decision to play Bademosi instead of Butler was bad too. Not to mention the personnel on defense. Belichick was exposed tonight. Brady threw for 505 yards.

Reaction Score
Not sure on that. Belichick is part of tonight's loss, too.

FWIW, I don't do this GOAT stuff. It's stupid. Games evolve. There's the best of eras, sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom