OT: Giants | Page 35 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Time to give Davis Webb some snaps. Oh wait.....

They need a mobile quarterback because the line cannot provide the time Eli needs. Also looks like he has lost arm strength.

Reaction Score
The erosion of Eli: The Giant problem with the franchise QB

>>>>Manning is 32nd in the NFL with an average of 10.31 yards per completion. He's 27th with a touchdown on 3.2 percent of his pass attempts. His 7.02 air yards per attempt put him 29th among quarterbacks.

“All you have to do is watch him,” one NFL executive said. “Don’t think about what his name is. Just watch him. Don’t make excuses. It’s blatant and obvious.”

>>>>Behind closed doors, several Giants players have expressed frustration with Manning's performance, according to sources. One player specifically commented recently about Manning’s inability to do anything against Cover 2 and zone defenses.

>>>>The previous regime admitted that Manning was nearing the end. General manager Jerry Reese said Manning was on the “back nine” of his career before the start of last season. In recent years, some individuals inside the organization have believed that Manning is holding the team back. Most have since been fired.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Time to give Davis Webb some snaps. Oh wait.....

They need a mobile quarterback because the line cannot provide the time Eli needs. Also looks like he has lost arm strength.

Really strange that the new staff and GM got rid of this kid? He'd be the one right now just to make a change. Certainly can move around and who cares about accuracy at this point just make a play. Not sure about the rookie with this line could get killed but worth a shot nonetheless. They have so many problems though they wold still be unwatchable minus Barkley. He's a great pick no matter, one of a kind happy with this they would've sucked with any rookie QBs anyway and the same line.

Reaction Score
Really strange that the new staff and GM got rid of this kid? He'd be the one right now just to make a change. Certainly can move around and who cares about accuracy at this point just make a play. Not sure about the rookie with this line could get killed but worth a shot nonetheless. They have so many problems though they wold still be unwatchable minus Barkley. He's a great pick no matter, one of a kind happy with this they would've sucked with any rookie QBs anyway and the same line.

They will have a top 3 pick again.

Reaction Score
They need to start Lauletta after the bye week. Neither Eli or the team are benefitting from him starting at this point.
Yup. See if he has what it takes. If not, draft a franchise guy next year. Are there any tackles available in free agency next season? Because after watching Solder last night we might need 2 of them.

Reaction Score
Exactly. See what you have.
Yup. See if he has what it takes. If not, draft a franchise guy next year. Are there any tackles available in free agency next season? Because after watching Solder last night we might need 2 of them.
It really sucks that the QB crop is so slim this year. The only one that interests me is Justin Herbert from Oregon, and I can’t even confidently say that I’d take him before Josh Allen if they were in the same draft. The Giants will end up putting all of their eggs in his basket simply because it’s the only basket there.

I don’t think Lock is even worth discussing at this point. I’d rather sign Goff.

Reaction Score
Yeah I like Herbert as well, but he def isn't a sure thing. The good thing is a lot of the teams at the top of the draft next year won't need QBs.

Reaction Score
I think I'm okay with Solder for now, especially next year when Hernandez has a year under his belt. C, RG and RT are definite needs though

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think they give Eli two more starts. Once they are 1-7 they will start giving reps to Tanney and Lauletta in practice. Just my guess.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Giants need a lot. Last night was extremely painful. Eli has to go, one way or another. As QB, he has a loosing record since the Giants last Super Bowl win. That's the first step.

Get some offensive linemen who know how to block! Barkley is a magnificent talent. But he needs a line that can block and create holes to run through. I fear that one one of his crazy runs, he's going to get a knee blown out.

Too many missed assingments on the d-backs. Giants use to be known for their defense. Not so any more.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What a massive waste of young weapons. In no universe should you be 1-5 when you have players like Beckham and Barkley. And your 2nd options are Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram. It's about as cringeworthy as it can get.

Also: I'd love to see them try to roll out Lauletta. They are high on the kid, part of the reason they let Webb go, but I just don't see it happening. It's not like this organization to do that (last year notwithstanding) and they made it pretty clear at the start of this year they were standing behind Eli.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The Giants are a dumpster fire and I love it. Too much money for a diva receiver and while Barkley might very well be an all-time great when all is said and done, by the time the Giants get the OL and QB they so desperately need, he will be on the down side of his career.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess the rest of the team DGAS about Eli's rings. Worst QB in FB and the Giants chose to build the team around the guy. That is laugh-out-loud funny.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Why I did this? Morbid curiosity...

2013: UConn 3-9 / Giants 7-9
2014: UConn 2-10 / Giants 6-10
2015: UConn 6-7 / Giants 6-10
2016: UConn 3-9 / Giants 11-5 (!!!)
2017: UConn 3-9 / Giants 3-13
2018: UConn 1-5 / Giants 1-5

Sub Total: UConn 18-49 / Giants 34-52

Total: 52-101

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Why did OBJ go to the locker room before halftime when the offense was on the field?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Why did OBJ go to the locker room before halftime when the offense was on the field?
IV - dehydrated again. I think he did the same last week.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
It’s interesting to me that you guys are most angry over Eli. I’m not a giants fan, but to me the dumbest thing they’ve done is give a truck load of money to OBJ. Guy is the textbook definition of a cancer, and everyone knows that elite WRs don’t make teams good to begin with. Saquon is an amazing talent, but that’s a strange move too. They so desperately needed OL help or a QB. Sure, they probably got the best talent in the draft, but they needed to focus on the foundation first IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom