OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 48 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What did you hear that makes you believe he "almost bit off his tongue" when asked

He basically insinuated that he was well aware of all sorts of smoke around the Duke program (as he is a former AAU player and friends with some of the players who would have been receiving these benefits). But that he as a journalist with integrity cannot make accusations without proof. That was the jist I got anyhow.

Reaction Score
What did you hear that makes you believe he "almost bit off his tongue" when asked

The combination of "Duke is dirty as hell" "I don't think I'm at liberty to talk about this" and "it's a situation where I know things but I don't have the documents so I'm just going to be called a hater." Not really biting his tongue in retrospect, just vague.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
IMG_7898.PNG

Reaction Score

>>“To get credit for cooperation, they’re going to have to provide something of value to figuring out the scheme and who was involved. Based on the complaints, the government would be interested in coaches, players, administration officials and other executives at their company.”<

Reaction Score
The Dude is a WVU guy. He's likely hoping that WVU would take Louisville's place. Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't be some support in the ACC for that if Louisville got the boot. They're pretty much at the same level as Louisville academically, and are fairly strong in both sports. Geographically, they're a perfect fit, and they have to be sick of all the travel entailed with being in the B12. I don't think it will happen, but you never know. At worst, it would get the realignment train moving again, as the B12 would have to find at least one new member.

Reaction Score
IIRC Dude was spot on during conference alignment. I think. Maybe not. Not sure. Was Dude the guy who had the WF carwash buddy? Or was he the guy with a friend at a B1G school? It's all a blur.

Think basement, no windows, maybe indoor plumbing, no need for toothbrush. That's your guy.

Reaction Score
The Dude is a WVU guy. He's likely hoping that WVU would take Louisville's place. Don't think for a minute that there wouldn't be some support in the ACC for that if Louisville got the boot. They're pretty much at the same level as Louisville academically, and are fairly strong in both sports. Geographically, they're a perfect fit, and they have to be sick of all the travel entailed with being in the B12. I don't think it will happen, but you never know. At worst, it would get the realignment train moving again, as the B12 would have to find at least one new member.
The ACC is not a step up from the Big12. Maybe the ACC will invite umass? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Reaction Score
that sub header is awful writing:

"Like, why are the feds investigating college basketball? Is bribery widespread? And where will the NCAA go from here"

Not trying to bend over backwards to defend it, but that "like" is just a continuation of "it raises a lot of questions". Such as. Like. Same difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom