OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does the kid get caught up in this too? Idk how this works. You'd have to think something went his way at some point. But without tangible evidence, it's useless. At the very least, the NCAA will investigate him

It seems they do have tangible evidence (the Lousiville asst on tape coordinating the payments). I don't think the player did anything illegal, though, but there's 0 chance he plays an NCAA game.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Biggest impact of all of this? Big Baller Brand takes over as the biggest sneaker / apparel company for NCAA schools. Good for LaVar Ball. Just shows that if you keep it clean and classy, you'll get your day!

If BBB can't fully absorb the void, I look for Pony and LA Gear to become secondary players. Reebok and Roos are outside shots if they get the right people in place.

I like where you're going. Maybe 'Starter' can get back in the game and I can finally get another one of those cool 1990's era sports jackets with the kangaroo pouch in the front! :cool:

Reaction Score
This isn't the school. It's the shoe companies
paying the coach at a school who pays the kid (less the coaches cut) to stick with a specific agent and shoe company when they go pro.

I think any school that has signed a 5* in the last 10+ years should have some worries about how that kid was signed and whether there was any outside money that flowed to the kid from a shoe company thru some affiliate of the school. This is not some new development. There have always been whispers and innuendo about how the top kids get some money to commit (also in FB, hello Cam Netwon's father - man does Auburn have this down to a science). No school should consider themselves clean or clear right now.

Reaction Score
]
I like where you're going. Maybe 'Starter' can get back in the game and I can finally get another one of those cool 1990's era sports jackets with the kangaroo pouch in the front! :cool:
images

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dear lord, I don't ask for much. The occasional late free throw, good health for my cats, continued growth in the value of a few investments I've made. That's about it.

But lord, if you're out there and you're listening... I'd really appreciate it if you could burn Louisville to the fn ground.

It's been a long, long time since you've done some Old Testament-style smiting, my friend. And you should know that people just love the classics.

So that's all I ask, lord. Get out there today and be your best self. Smite away.

A+

Reaction Score
On page 22 it discusses addressing a higher bid by a 'rival company' but doesn't name it. Obviously, the FBI knows which company and has a lead to follow to at least 1 other company. That means plenty of other recruiting low life's competing with this group, are sweating whether they have been wire tapped, have Undercover FBI agents amongst them etc. Love to see this bleed into programs that seem to attract 5 star talent.
Maybe chief is an undercover FBI agent!!!!!!

Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. There is an investigation about paying and influencing players and Calipari and World Wide Wes are not implicated?! OK.:rolleyes:

Lets wait and see. If coaches start ratting each other out then nothing is off the table.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I don't understand why they were arrested. They violated NCAA rules, but what laws did they break?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Lets wait and see. If coaches start ratting each other out then nothing is off the table.

If this happens, will they even have 68 programs eligible for the NCAA tournament this year? :D

They would have to go to the staggered probations to allow enough teams to be eligible for the cash-cow NCAA tournament for the next 5 years! :p

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Bribery is super illegal dawg

If the players were business executives and a head hunter steared them to a Fortune 500 company, the head hunter would be paid, and the executive would be paid. It's not against the law for a player to be paid, it's against an NCAA rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom