OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: FBI has reportedly arrested several NCAA basketball assistant coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Biggest impact of all of this? Big Baller Brand takes over as the biggest sneaker / apparel company for NCAA schools. Good for LaVar Ball. Just shows that if you keep it clean and classy, you'll get your day!

If BBB can't fully absorb the void, I look for Pony and LA Gear to become secondary players. Reebok and Roos are outside shots if they get the right people in place.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
WLCL FM says that L'ville may be a victim not a perpetrator. wtf. Turning it off now.

Reaction Score
Why is this a surprise to anyone? It appears that what has happened is that this has gone on for so long with no repercussions that the participants got sloppy. And, the FBI is not the NCAA and I would think that the upcoming investigations will uncover a ton of dirt on a number of players, coaches, businessmen, and schools. People are going to talk to avoid jail time and I think we are in the early stages of this scandal.

On a side note, how can Louisville avoid the death penalty as it appears they blatantly broke the rules while under probation?

Reaction Score
WLCL FM says that L'ville may be a victim not a perpetrator. wtf. Turning it off now.

The schools are the "victims" of employees that have blatantly broken the law. The employees will face penalties, but so will the schools as they allowed this behavior to go on. Heck, Rick Pitino has been the poster child of bad behavior in college sports and the Louisville president and board are guilty by not holding him responsible for his behavior.

Reaction Score
Why is this a surprise to anyone? It appears that what has happened is that this has gone on for so long with no repercussions that the participants got sloppy. And, the FBI is not the NCAA and I would think that the upcoming investigations will uncover a ton of dirt on a number of players, coaches, businessmen, and schools. People are going to talk to avoid jail time and I think we are in the early stages of this scandal.

On a side note, how can Louisville avoid the death penalty as it appears they blatantly broke the rules while under probation?

Not a surprise/shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who follows college sports but the shorts have been pulled down and the rubber gloves are now being snapped on.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Does the kid get caught up in this too? Idk how this works. You'd have to think something went his way at some point. But without tangible evidence, it's useless. At the very least, the NCAA will investigate him

From what I have seen... Absolutely. He probably won't play this year.

Reaction Score
Lol, the bleacher report article about the scandal gives a quote from Bowen's mom that sounds like a panic cover up. Following that a quote from a Louisville spokesman sounds similarly fishy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom