OT: Favorite toys while growing up.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite toys while growing up....

Reaction Score
Besides "The Duke" football, glove, basketball and hoop my favorite toy was this Johnny Seven gun. Back when you could have such toys. Grenade launcher and rubber bullets. Another favorite was my tabletop ice hockey game with the Canadiens and Maple Leafs. The newer games are not as good as the old ones which had metal rods and players. Three pucks the regular, magnetic and puck with a ball bearing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Summer sledding on the road when I was nine years old. Still recall the screech of brakes. Don't know how I survived.
Flexible Flyer Street Racer.jpg

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Remember spending whole hours pouring over every page of the Sears "Wish book" Christmas catalog? I never did get the go-cart or minibike I asked for every year.

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Remember spending whole hours pouring over every page of the Sears "Wish book" Christmas catalog? I never did get the go-cart or minibike I asked for every year.
View attachment 53104
My father was a letter carrier in those days. He hated the days Sears, Montgomery Ward and Spiegals mailed their Christmas catalogs. Sears was the biggest. We spent all of time looking over the catalogs to create our lists.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
kind of shocked no yarder has yet to post "my-ding-a-ling" . ..

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
...and:

View attachment 53088

No wonder I wanted to be an architect. (I did not become an architect)

I got one of those sets from a yard sale and when we opened it up, there was a big metal file inside. For years my dad convinced me I stopped someone from smuggling that set in to prison as a gift and I was responsible for preventing a prison break. To this day I haven't been able to disprove his theory.

Reaction Score
Had a Fireball XL5 set. I believe it came with five space rockets.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Atari 2600, Transformers, waffle ball, Nerf basketball, Matchbox cars, Star Wars figures, baseball/basketball card (had three Michael Jordan rookie cards but traded two away like an idiot)

I also had a Dyno BMX bike that I couldn't do any tricks on but it was cool as he!!. Gave it away to my brother-in-law's neighbor who had young kids about 10 years ago. Fast forward to last Christmas, we do Secret Santa and that same brother-in-law wrapped it up and gave it back to me as gag gift. Brought back some great memories.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom