OT: Eric Paschall, A-10 Rookie of the Year, Transferring | The Boneyard

OT: Eric Paschall, A-10 Rookie of the Year, Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
can play either the 3 or 4, would love to see them go after him. when he signed with Fordham all of the recruiting guys said that he was a steal for them and could play at a HM.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd be curious to see what teams he's prevented from speaking to - he's from Westchester County and his dad goes to nearly every game....you'd think the local Big East schools/Rutgers might be appealing to him.

Reaction Score
Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 10m 10 minutes ago
Just spoke to Eric Paschall’s father, Juan. He gave Fordham a list of 12-15 schools today, and Paschall has permission to contact them.

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 8m 8 minutes ago
Juan Paschall said his son will attempt to decide by signing day April 15. Fordham still a possibility. Paschall wants to meet new coach.

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 7m 7 minutes ago
It’s worth noting that Fordham is the only school Paschall ever made on official visit to, back when he was 16.

Paschall will have to sit out next season if he decides to transfer. However, he will still be just 18 when next season begins.

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 3m 3 minutes ago
With the timeline tight, Juan Paschall said some of the schools his son will contact had recruited him in the past. (Con’t) …

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 2m 2 minutes ago
Here are the 9 other schools that offered Paschall: West Va, Providence, Iona, Radford, G. Mason, N’western, VCU, Quinnipiac, Manhattan.

Reaction Score
Sure, Why not? Anytime you can add a player with some talent I say go for it

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 10m 10 minutes ago
Just spoke to Eric Paschall’s father, Juan. He gave Fordham a list of 12-15 schools today, and Paschall has permission to contact them.

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 8m 8 minutes ago
Juan Paschall said his son will attempt to decide by signing day April 15. Fordham still a possibility. Paschall wants to meet new coach.

It’s worth noting that Fordham is the only school Paschall ever made on official visit to, back when he was 16.

Paschall will have to sit out next season if he decides to transfer. However, he will still be just 18 when next season begins.

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 3m 3 minutes ago
With the timeline tight, Juan Paschall said some of the schools his son will contact had recruited him in the past. (Con’t) …

Varsity Insider @lohudinsider · 2m 2 minutes ago
Here are the 9 other schools that offered Paschall: West Va, Providence, Iona, Radford, G. Mason, N’western, VCU, Quinnipiac, Manhattan.
That cinches it. He's heading to Providence.

Reaction Score
You would think UConn would be more attractive to him. My buddy is close with Tom Pecora, I'll see if I can get some info.
I'd be curious to see what teams he's prevented from speaking to - he's from Westchester County and his dad goes to nearly every game....you'd think the local Big East schools/Rutgers might be appealing to him.
thin

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There were 9 schools that offered him - West Va, Providence, Iona, Radford, G. Mason, N’western, VCU, Quinnipiac, Manhattan. It's possible he was a bit overlooked coming out of HS and given his performance his 1st year, he could be a nice pickup for someone. Sounds like an interesting prospect...

Reaction Score
can play either the 3 or 4, would love to see them go after him. when he signed with Fordham all of the recruiting guys said that he was a steal for them and could play at a HM.

Do you mean the 2 or the 3? He doesn't look like a 4 to me.

Reaction Score
Currently a log jam at the 2-3 but that'll be different with Omar and presumably at least one of RP and DHam gone next year. He'd be a great get looking at list and desire to stay local and a chance to play vs the above dudes in practice everyday we should absolutely go after him.

Reaction Score
I'm not clear as to how this works. Because the coach was fired, can he get a waiver to play immediately?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
http:// /Player/Eric-Paschall-35612

From Oakdale, CT (edit - 247 says CT, but he's actually from NY) and went to Saint Thomas Moore like our boy Enoch. Maybe he grew up a UConn fan. To clarify, he's not really a SG. He plays mostly the 3, but can slide to the 4 if he has to.

247 had him just outside their top 100 at 113.

Only shot 31.5% from 3, but 5.3 3PA per game probably indicates that he took some iffy shots being the go-to scorer for Fordham.

.488 2P%. Very good for a young freshman, and the A10 is no joke.

79.4 FT%. You can count on him on the line.

5.5 REB, 103 of his 148 were dREB. Solid defensive rebounder for his age.

If you're wondering how he played vs. good competition:
@ St. Johns:
6-12 FG, 14 PTS, 8 REB, 4 TO
vs VCU: 4-11 FG, 6-7 FT, 15 PTS, 6 REB, 2 AST, 2 STL, 6 TO
@ URI: 8-13 FG, 19 PTS, 9 REB, 5 TO
vs. Dayton: 6-19 FG, 7-7 FT, 20 PTS, 7 REB, 1 STL, 0 TO
@ Dayton: 8-18 FG, 19 PTS, 3 REB, 1 STL, 2 TO
vs UMass: 4-15 FG, 7-8 FT, 17 PTS, 3 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 2 TO
vs St. Louis: 6-13 FG, 8-10 FT, 22 PTS, 3 REB, 1 AST, 1 STL, 1 TO
@ Richmond: 8-14 FG, 6-6 FT, 24 PTS, 8 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 6 TO
@ Davidson: 5-12 FG, 3-3 FT, 14 PTS, 7 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 2 TO
@ UMass: 4-12, 8 PTS, 8 REB, 1 AST, 2 STL, 1 BLK, 1 TO

- He had some rough games shooting, but when that was the case (aside from the last game of the season @UMass), he got to the line and delivered there. I've bolded the FT numbers in games where this applied.
- He turned the ball over a lot this year. Part of that was because he was the person Fordham looked to when they needed to score. On a positive note, looking at his game log, he became much better in that department as the season went on (not unlike our freshman SF)

I hope we go after this kid. He has some promise. He'll be a 4 year guy, and he has a pretty high floor of a 6th man IMO. With a year to redshirt and then 3 years of eligibility, he could be a big contributor in multiple areas with positional versatility.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you mean the 2 or the 3? He doesn't look like a 4 to me.

From what I saw on the two or three occasions I saw a Fordham game, he looked like he was too heavy - that may give people the impression that he's big enough to be a power forward.

Right now, he's a combo forward who's carrying some extra weight. (He'll need to lose that playing at a high major program.)

I don't know if UConn will be interested, but he'd be a great pickup for schools in that 'organized chaos' kind of style. (e.g. Providence).

(He's not a Connecticut kid, Rip - he's from Dobbs Ferry, NY. Rumor has it that the greatest poster in the history of the internet is also from Dobbs Ferry.)

Reaction Score
Currently a log jam at the 2-3 but that'll be different with Omar and presumably at least one of RP and DHam gone next year. He'd be a great get looking at list and desire to stay local and a chance to play vs the above dudes in practice everyday we should absolutely go after him.
Very interesting....fordham was an early choice and recruiting was closed before his senior year.....there were lots of coaches that rued his early decision............he was the nepsac poy and with drummond the 2 best players to come out of thomas more in the last 10 years.......he's a shooter with good range, can jump out of the gym and is built for the nba.....not really a 4.........

Reaction Score
No one is saying he's a fulltime PF but in college basketball he can absolutely slide over and play the 4 for stretches, he already did it this past year at Fordham.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right now, it doesn't look like we need to worry about this one.

Reaction Score
We reached out to him. I played against him in high school a few times so we follow each other on Twitter. I direct messaged him telling him I hope we reach and what not and he responded saying we had reached out to him.

Reaction Score
And he's a 3. Can't play power forward. Can handle. With his talent he'd be an instant starter and in my estimation Hamiltons replacement in 2016-2017 when I believe he will forego his junior year to enter the draft.

Reaction Score
Can you shoot?
Haha, not well enough to help UConn, sorry.

More on Paschall - the final time we played him in late February of 2013, the entire staff for Miami was at the game. At the time Miami was #5 in the nation. Had he not committed to Fordham as early has he did (spring of junior season) the offers would have flooded in from high majors that summer and fall at St. Thomas More. He was NEPSAC player of the year last year. This is a player where the rankings were flat out wrong and missed out on a guy. He is a top 50 talent from the class of 2014 no doubt.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
image.jpg
We reached out to him. I played against him in high school a few times so we follow each other on Twitter. I direct messaged him telling him I hope we reach and what not and he responded saying we had reached out to him.
For those who may not view my post before as credible enough:

PS: doing my best recruiting pitch here...

Good work kid, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog