OT: Eric Paschall, A-10 Rookie of the Year, Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Eric Paschall, A-10 Rookie of the Year, Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is it all right for fans/"boosters" to have contact with potential recruits? I remember the Tenn. incident where some fan at our Midnight practice gave a women's recruit a poster and was turned in to the NCAA.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is it all right for fans/"boosters" to have contact with potential recruits? I remember the Tenn. incident where some fan at our Midnight practice gave a women's recruit a poster and was turned in to the NCAA.

First, no.

But if two kids were high school rivals and follow each other on social media, I don't think there's much of an issue.

But if 'recruiting pitches' are part of the deal...just stop. We have a staff of insanely well-paid professionals charged with such matters.

Reaction Score
Big reason he committed to Fordham was because of the close vicinity to home. He's a home-body. My best guess is he will commit somewhere within a 3 hour radius of Westchester, NY. Yes, I know that is a ton of schools but I ultimately believe it'll be between us, PC and Fordham because of the distance. He always felt slighted and disrespected in high school because the lack of respect he received in terms of rankings on recruiting sites. With his big year, I think he's going to make the change to a big market team - eliminating the schools like Manhattan and Iona, which are nearby options, from the running.

Reaction Score
First, no.

But if two kids were high school rivals and follow each other on social media, I don't think there's much of an issue.

But if 'recruiting pitches' are part of the deal...just stop. We have a staff of insanely well-paid professionals charged with such matters.
I don't belong to Twitter but I know that all fanbases always reach out to players on Twitter, UConn fans don't seem to do it much less than other fanbases.

Reaction Score
I don't belong to Twitter but I know that all fanbases always reach out to players on Twitter, UConn fans don't seem to do it much less than other fanbases.
UConn seems to do it much less, was tired and distracted while typing.

Reaction Score
Haha, not well enough to help UConn, sorry.

More on Paschall - the final time we played him in late February of 2013, the entire staff for Miami was at the game. At the time Miami was #5 in the nation. Had he not committed to Fordham as early has he did (spring of junior season) the offers would have flooded in from high majors that summer and fall at St. Thomas More. He was NEPSAC player of the year last year. This is a player where the rankings were flat out wrong and missed out on a guy. He is a top 50 talent from the class of 2014 no doubt.
Agree with you.........though he played at thomas more he was always double teamed.........he would be a wonderful fit........nice kid.....has a future

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
We have a staff of insanely well-paid professionals charged with such matters.

I thought that the staff couldn't recruit? I seem to have read that here a lot.

Reaction Score
Kid would be a nice get. Year of lifting and playing with the boys. Not huge on the 42% FG and 32% 3pt but he is an aggressive looking kid who goes and gets the ball with elevation. May get a lot better as he matures.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Kid would be a nice get. Year of lifting and playing with the boys. Not huge on the 42% FG and 32% 3pt but he is an aggressive looking kid who goes and gets the ball with elevation. May get a lot better as he matures.
If we get him I bet his fg% goes up not having to be the n.1 option

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Just saw Zagoria tweet that he's looking into visiting Villanova and providence. Not sure how he fits at Nova seeing as I can't think of any archetypical small forward in Jay Wright's past lineups.

Reaction Score
According to KenPom our SOS was 99 and Fordhams was 102. Team rankings has our OOC SOS at 26 and Fordhams at 263.

My point is, although the OOC SOS differs greatly, in the end we played a similar SOS and our best player for this upcoming year (Hamilton) shot 38% from the field, 34% from 3 and 67% from the line...so compare those numbers to Paschalls and they look even better . Paschall can light it up. Everything about his numbers and his game should have KO all over him right now.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Just saw Zagoria tweet that he's looking into visiting Villanova and providence. Not sure how he fits at Nova seeing as I can't think of any archetypical small forward in Jay Wright's past lineups.

Curtis Sumpter?

Reaction Score
Curtis Sumpter?

Seeing that name reminds me of one of my favorite dumb UConn fan signs. We must have been playing them on CBS in a major weekend game so the fans were out in full aggressive force. This sign had the standard CBS in giant letters and they spelled out the following:

Calhoun
Banged
Sumpter'sMom

and I believe there was also a sign that had a giant V from the Nova logo followed by "-agina"

Reaction Score
Seeing that name reminds me of one of my favorite dumb UConn fan signs. We must have been playing them on CBS in a major weekend game so the fans were out in full aggressive force. This sign had the standard CBS in giant letters and they spelled out the following:

Calhoun
Banged
Sumpter'sMom

and I believe there was also a sign that had a giant V from the Nova logo followed by "-agina"

I was at this game, too. I remember security went up to take the sign and the kids were passing it around the student section so it wouldn't get taken. It was cold as hell, too, since that was the season Sumpter was out all year with an injury.

And it was "AGINAS," next to the actual Villanova logo that was hung up there. That's why the league banners are in the rafters now.

Reaction Score
I was at this game, too. I remember security went up to take the sign and the kids were passing it around the student section so it wouldn't get taken. It was cold as hell, too, since that was the season Sumpter was out all year with an injury.

And it was "AGINAS," next to the actual Villanova logo that was hung up there. That's why the league banners are in the rafters now.

yeah this was an aggressive set of game day signs, I feel like the animosity has calmed down since then. Could it have been when we had Rudy and every other game there was a sign with this: "[Other teams star player] wishes he was Gay"

Reaction Score
yeah this was an aggressive set of game day signs, I feel like the animosity has calmed down since then. Could it have been when we had Rudy and every other game there was a sign with this: "[Other teams star player] wishes he was Gay"

The exact sign that night in the front was Villanova Can't Stop Gay Penetration. The Penetration part was a different sign that got held up when security wasn't looking.

The CBS sign was awesome. Security couldn't get it and every time another section held it up the student section erupted. Pat Forde actually dedicated part of his blog post to that.

Another sign that day was Mike Nardi Loves Coldplay which didn't get taken down because no one in security got the 40 year old virgin reference.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Calhoun
Banged
Sumpter'sMom

Best sign game ever. Nova 06.

My friends and I tried to step up our game the next season and brought a "Tim Hardaway Hates Curtis Sumpter" sign. It was confiscated right away. God we were such bad people.

Reaction Score
redickulously-gay.jpg

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This is wrong. I know it's wrong. Gay-shaming is wrong and should be eliminated.

But dammit it's still hilarious.

J.J. Redick does seem to smile a lot. Maybe he was just commenting on his demeanor. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom