OT Down goes Brady | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Down goes Brady

Reaction Score
I know, the Patriots got an entire fanbase in the last 15-20 years. It's like New England got a new expansion team. Gonna be a huge sale on pink hats.

It's called winning.

Also, you should know, the stadium has had a string of sellouts for 28 years. Since Parcells. He and Kraft came on and they immediately became more popular.

Many of these so-called new fans you talk about aren't even 28 years old.

You seem to think people need to become fans years before they are even conceived.

Give it a rest, 3 decades is a long time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It'll be the first AFC title game without the Pats since the 2010 season. Amazing run that I'm glad is over (at least for this year).

Reaction Score
Never been a 20 year dynasty.

People need to account for their own inadequacies in the face of it.

Take your own advice. It will come in handy.

I really don’t care since I am not an NFL fan. But this run is not universally respected like most are. Maybe people are just racist against New England.

Reaction Score
No, it's not pedantry. If Gase would have accepted, there wouldn't have been more penalties. That's the whole point. That's why Belichick was like, "Why in the world are you declining it?"

There's a reason why that Delay of Game penalty is never declined, and it's because of the rule. That's what Belichick was going on about against the Jets. He wasn't trying to waste time there. There'd be no reason to do it there.
If Gase has accepted it, there very well may have been more because as we’ve seen, even if the penalty is accepted, you can burn the clock.

Reaction Score
If Gase has accepted it, there very well may have been more because as we’ve seen, even if the penalty is accepted, you can burn the clock.

This can happen in many games. But coaches choose never to do it because of the inadequacy of the rule (there are articles about Belichick arguing against the rule for many years). But burning clock in the Jets game was meaningless. It wouldn't have helped the Patriots. BB had been in that position before many times and never took advantage of the rule, most likely because burning clock there doesn't really give you a huge advantage since the opposing team still gets the ball with 4:45 left on the clock. The advantage is negligible.

Reaction Score

I really don’t care since I am not an NFL fan. But this run is not universally respected like most are. Maybe people are just racist against New England.

???
If you have something to say, say it. I have no clue what you are trying to say here.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

When did New England become a race?

Reaction Score
Wrong. It’s the same principle. And Belichick did it against the Jets in a blowout and with a smirk on his face and got it fed back to him in spades last night.

Sorry if that’s tough to swallow today.

Penn St. fans have no problem with swallowing

Reaction Score
Wrong. It’s the same principle. And Belichick did it against the Jets in a blowout and with a smirk on his face and got it fed back to him in spades last night.

Sorry if that’s tough to swallow today.

Live by the sword. Die by the sword. Leave it to the whiny Pats fans to complain about it.

Reaction Score
His options if he leaves New England are pretty limited.

I only see 3 teams, and that's if they get rid of their QBs.

Chargers (Rivers), Bears (Trubisky), Bucs (Winston).

I find it hard to believe that the Bears give up on Trubisky, but he was pretty bad this year. Also, the Bucs giving up on Winston is hard to fathom, but Arians has made comments that show it may happen.

Some teams are truly bad and Brady simply will not go to them, like the Redskins and Bengals, even though they need a QB.

Really, his options are limited to the Patriots and 2 or 3 teams.

Panthers could also be in the mix.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine he's going to go to some podunk market so it seems like the Chargers make the most sense but what do I know.

If this is the end - and I don't know if it is or not - what a run it's been. TWENTY-YEARS of sustained excellence. Absolutely incredible. Incredibly grateful as a fan that I got to experience it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can't imagine he's going to go to some podunk market so it seems like the Chargers make the most sense but what do I know.

If this is the end - and I don't know if it is or not - what a run it's been. TWENTY-YEARS of sustained excellence. Absolutely incredible. Incredibly grateful as a fan that I got to experience it.
Same here. It was incredible. More so considering what went before.
It would have been sweet by itself but it went hand in hand with the Sox as well as UConn's men's and women's bb teams.

Reaction Score

That all makes perfect sense to me.

Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that the rest of the world is tap dancing on your grave today and that Belichick got out coached by Vrabel.

Reaction Score
Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that the rest of the world is tap dancing on your grave today and that Belichick got out coached by Vrabel.

Part of what made it great. For two decades it was a big story every time they lost a game. Imagine that.

People started threads on college basketball message boards celebrating their losses. I certainly do not give two ___ when the Jets or Giants lose. They were the bogeyman of the league for 20 years. Twenty years. The hate was part of it. It was great.

As far as the "outcoached" thing, well, there are a handful of plays that swing games like that. The goal-line stand hurt. Edelman's drop was a killer. Shaq Mason wiping out the 40 yard pass play was a killer. And they gave up a couple critical third down conversions that kept the offense off the field. For a long time those little plays went the other way. They didn't last night. It happens. I've got no complaints.

Reaction Score
Part of what made it great. For two decades it was a big story every time they lost a game. Imagine that.

People started threads on college basketball message boards celebrating their losses. I certainly do not give two ___ when the Jets or Giants lose. They were the bogeyman of the league for 20 years. Twenty years. The hate was part of it. It was great.

As far as the "outcoached" thing, well, there are a handful of plays that swing games like that. The goal-line stand hurt. Edelman's drop was a killer. Shaq Mason wiping out the 40 yard pass play was a killer. And they gave up a couple critical third down conversions that kept the offense off the field. For a long time those little plays went the other way. They didn't last night. It happens. I've got no complaints.

Again. All sounds good.

But look at UConn. As dominant in the sport over 10-15 years. And now that those days are in the rear view window, people are calling for players heads when they have a bad half and miserable with .500 mediocrity.

Hope you learn from it when the Pats are 5-11 for a decade.

Reaction Score
Again. All sounds good.

But look at UConn. As dominant in the sport over 10-15 years. And now that those days are in the rear view window, people are calling for players heads when they have a bad half and miserable with .500 mediocrity.

Is Kraft selling?

Reaction Score
Again. All sounds good.

Again, enjoy your victory. Good luck next week. I've got absolutely no complaints.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady's ever changing looks/transitioning has been more fascinating than all the winning and controversies.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Never count out Brady! The Road to Revenge in 2020 will be long and hard, but the Pats will emerge on top. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Reaction Score
Never count out Brady! The Road to Revenge in 2020 will be long and hard, but the Pats will emerge on top. LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Which one is it, Brady on top or the Patriots? Won't be both

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Which one is it, Brady on top or the Patriots? Won't be both
There's no reason he shouldn't be in New England next year. Considering what Brady has done for the Patriots:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
As a Jets fan, that clock runoff was especially sweet because Belichick did it to be an to Gase and the Jets earlier in the year. I love the fact Vrabel did it to him and that Belichick threw a tantrum while he did it. Soooooo sweet.

And after that game. Belichick called it a stupid rule and said the NFL should change it. Knowing the rule, he should have called timeout immediately after they stopped TN on 3rd down

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom