OT Down goes Brady | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Down goes Brady

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
???

The Patriots won 4 Super Bowls without Gronk.

He wasn't on the field when they beat Atlanta.

Beat me to it, hate is blinding.

Some people say Belichick is overrated and Brady made the man. Others say Brady is overrated and it's all about Belichick's system.

Now we learn it's all about Gronk, who was in junior high for three victories and on the IR when Brady led the greatest comeback in SB history

willie99

Reaction Score
Brady is not retiring

I can't imagine Brady wants to leave the Patriots, highly improbable

I know Kraft loves Brady and wants him to retire with the Patriots. He'll do what he can to make him stay

The issue might be Belichick, who's a ruthless roster manager. Does he think Tom's game has regressed to the point he doesn't want him back? I don't think so but I'm no Bill Belichick

Maybe Brady wants a multiyear commitment which Belichick opposes

My gut tells me they get it done, which is great for the Patriots because Brady is at his best with a chip on his shoulder, and next year is a chip year

willie99

Reaction Score
Vrabel played for Belichick for eight years, the best years of his career and he won three SB's (non with gronk BTW,). I can only surmise that Belichick has some influence on his knowledge base. Let's not pretend otherwise

That all makes perfect sense to me.

Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that the rest of the world is tap dancing on your grave today and that Belichick got out coached by Vrabel.

It sucks to have your season end so early, maybe you can give some pointers on how to best endure this process based on your extensive experience

Reaction Score
It sucks to have your season end so early, maybe you can give some pointers on how to best endure this process based on your extensive experience

Well it’s not just that your season ended early, it’s....

A) The way it ended with the Dolphins taking your bye away and Vrabel outfoxing Belichick and

B) The reality that, if your window isn’t shut? It’s pretty close. The reality of a Pats without Brady and Belichick is very close.

Those two things make me giggle.

Reaction Score

A) The way it ended with the Dolphins taking your bye away and Vrabel outfoxing Belichick and

B) The reality that, if your window isn’t shut? It’s pretty close. The reality of a Pats without Brady and Belichick is very close.

Jete

Reaction Score

Good lord being a Jets fan seems awful.

Reaction Score
Good lord being a Jets fan seems awful.

Being a bandwagon jumping pink Brady jersey wearing Pats fan seems to be too easy.

Oh wait....you are the super fan who's followed them since the Steve Grogan days. Right. Just like everyone else.

Reaction Score
Oh wait....you are the super fan who's followed them since the Steve Grogan days. Right. Just like everyone else.

You realize you're going back to 1975 here.

Do you even realize that was 45 years ago?

It shouldn't be a surprise that a team has fans that weren't around in 75!

Now, I am not a fan who's been following them since the Grogan days. I started following them when Plunkett was the QB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Im not a Patriots fan by any means, but theres no way Brady goes out like that, right?
He already said he's not retiring.

As a Pats fan who was at the game, that pick 6 at the end was the worst part because it made it less likely Brady would retire. Can't win with him at QB anymore in my opinion. Patriots need to move on. If he wants to play, let him go to Chicago.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
No, it's not pedantry. If Gase would have accepted, there wouldn't have been more penalties. That's the whole point. That's why Belichick was like, "Why in the world are you declining it?"

There's a reason why that Delay of Game penalty is never declined, and it's because of the rule. That's what Belichick was going on about against the Jets. He wasn't trying to waste time there. There'd be no reason to do it there.

It's a dumb rule. Every team punting inside the 50 takes a delay of game to move back 5 yards. So most of the time the defensive coach wants to decline and should be able to without having the clock run again.

Reaction Score
Being a bandwagon jumping pink Brady jersey wearing Pats fan seems to be too easy.

You're having a very strange reaction to all this. The Pats have completely broken you. Frankly, I think it's great.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Beat me to it, hate is blinding.

Some people say Belichick is overrated and Brady made the man. Others say Brady is overrated and it's all about Belichick's system.

Now we learn it's all about Gronk, who was in junior high for three victories and on the IR when Brady led the greatest comeback in SB history

And it isn't all about the WR Brady has to throw to either. Other than Moss and maybe Welker and Edelman, he's never had top flight WRs. Deion Branch? He was solid. Troy Brown was solid. But we aren't talking hall of famers here.

The reality this year was that defenses saw that Tom can't throw deep accurately and lost a ton of velocity and accuracy on his sideline throws (which is where most of his picks came from as well). So they brought both safeties up, and blanketed the middle of the field with DBs and LBs. Nobody was open for a reason, the defense didn't have to defend a lot of the field. That also worked against the running game.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Like @upstater, I go back to the Grogan and Plunkett days. My first ever live NFL game was Lions vs Patriots at the old dump that was Shaeffer stadium in 1979. I don't even think of those teams as bad. They were often competitive. The 1978 team was terrific. Grogan, Stanley Morgan, Russ Francis, Sam Bam Cunningham. Steve Nelson on D. Loved that team. The 1976 team was even better.

Reaction Score
Like @upstater, I go back to the Grogan and Plunkett days. My first ever live NFL game was Lions vs Patriots at the old dump that was Shaeffer stadium in 1979. I don't even think of those teams as bad. They were often competitive. The 1978 team was terrific. Grogan, Stanley Morgan, Russ Francis, Sam Bam Cunningham. Steve Nelson on D. Loved that team. The 1976 team was even better.

I know. Every Pats fan is a super fan. No one jumped on the bandwagon there. Same goes for the Sox too.

Reaction Score
Again. All sounds good.

But look at UConn. As dominant in the sport over 10-15 years. And now that those days are in the rear view window, people are calling for players heads when they have a bad half and miserable with .500 mediocrity.

Hope you learn from it when the Pats are 5-11 for a decade.
We were never dominant for 10-15 years. We always had a stinker every 3-4 years. You must thinking of the women.

Reaction Score
Brady is not retiring

I can't imagine Brady wants to leave the Patriots, highly improbable

I know Kraft loves Brady and wants him to retire with the Patriots. He'll do what he can to make him stay

The issue might be Belichick, who's a ruthless roster manager. Does he think Tom's game has regressed to the point he doesn't want him back? I don't think so but I'm no Bill Belichick

Maybe Brady wants a multiyear commitment which Belichick opposes

My gut tells me they get it done, which is great for the Patriots because Brady is at his best with a chip on his shoulder, and next year is a chip year
They really don’t have a Brady replacement now that Jimmy G is gone.

Reaction Score
We were never dominant for 10-15 years. We always had a stinker every 3-4 years. You must thinking of the women.
We won 4 titles in 16 years, we were dominant.

willie99

Reaction Score
You realize you're going back to 1975 here.

Do you even realize that was 45 years ago?

It shouldn't be a surprise that a team has fans that weren't around in 75!

Now, I am not a fan who's been following them since the Grogan days. I started following them when Plunkett was the QB.

My dad took me to my first NFL game at Schaefer vs the Raiders when Plunket was the QB and Otis Sistrunk was Raider. I still see Otis's beer belly being totally uncovered by his jersey. I see Tatum sitting with his back to the crowd giving us both middle fingers above his head.

The first SB party I hosted was the Bears trouncing the Patriots. I was pissed Eason started at QB over Grogan.

I love the hate, brings a smile to my face

willie99

Reaction Score
They really don’t have a Brady replacement now that Jimmy G is gone.

They would never have made Jimmy G the highest paid QB in the league

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I know. Every Pats fan is a super fan. No one jumped on the bandwagon there. Same goes for the Sox too.

Not everyone in CT associates with New York. I hate New York City. Can’t stand the place. My dad was transferred to Hartford from KC. So we were football fans. Even college football fans. I still root for Nebraska. We went to Boston as kids and I loved it. So those teams became our teams. And UConn too. And yes, Red Sox too. You act like they sucked. Other than the Yankees they had the most wins in my lifetime. They were hardly hard to root for.

willie99

Reaction Score
Not everyone in CT associates with New York. I hate New York City. Can’t stand the place. My dad was transferred to Hartford from KC. So we were football fans. Even college football fans. I still root for Nebraska. We went to Boston as kids and I loved it. So those teams became our teams. And UConn too. And yes, Red Sox too. You act like they sucked. Other than the Yankees they had the most wins in my lifetime. They were hardly hard to root for.

Love your post, except the bashing of NYC. We're lucky to live between two of the greatest cities in the world, and two of the most passionate fan bases in the states

I love both cities

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom