OT: Connecticut Magazine Best Burger Places

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This thread is bringing back great memories. *sniff*

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
As player all I can contribute was playing for the Park League as a kid. Although living in the Fairlawn part of Waterbury I played for The East End. In the summer teachers used to be park supervisors. League consisted of Fairlawn, East End, Town Plot, Hopeville. Forget the rest.Played games at Hamilton Park. Field by the Pavilion the right field fence was maybe 200 feet down the line. Left Field was 5, 989 feet. Center was, um, I think a mile and a half. I wonder if they still flood the field for ice skating.

Reaction Score
Back in my day, Crosby and Sacred Heart, a huge game.

When I was a freshman our Maloney varsity went to Waterbury and play against the Lou Canaday (sp?) team, (like 1974?) was that Heart?

Reaction Score
Ron was also with the Yankees I think, minors at least, I think Dave Wallace pitched also

Dave Wallace another guy who the Timers had in Battle Creek, man the names are coming back to me. I will check with bro. He was tough.

Reaction Score
As player all I can contribute was playing for the Park League as a kid. Although living in the Fairlawn part of Waterbury I played for The East End. In the summer teachers used to be park supervisors. League consisted of Fairlawn, East End, Town Plot, Hopeville. Forget the rest.Played games at Hamilton Park. Field by the Pavilion the right field fence was maybe 200 feet down the line. Left Field was 5, 989 feet. Center was, um, I think a mile and a half. I wonder if they still flood the field for ice skating.
The Hamilton Park ball field is gone, but it's ghost is still there!
HamiltonPark.JPG

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The Hamilton Park ball field is gone, but it's ghost is still there! View attachment 22489
Sad, very sad. Ah, the pool. Memories. Mr. Lee who attended the pool back then also coached Crosby Football. He would blow a whistle, everybody had to get out, pour buckets of chlorine wait 10 minutes, he would blow the whistle and everybody dove back in...lol

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Dave Wallace another guy who the Timers had in Battle Creek, man the names are coming back to me. I will check with bro. He was tough.
I remember them going. I was home then. Bobby Guerrera comes to mind. Another good pitcher.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The Hamilton Park ball field is gone, but it's ghost is still there! View attachment 22489
Taking another look, that road at the top of the picture led to East Main Street to the left. Go right and you run into Brass Mills Park. It had 3 ball fields if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score
No they don't, its a practice field for football, and soccer

Reaction Score
Scruples sounds really familiar....how far from the stadium? Was that up by the Foxy Lady?

There was also a field they used kind of down the street from Mr Happy's?
Yes the fields are next to the highway, Scruples is maybe a .5 mile away, foxy is closed and Mr Happys I believe still rolling

Reaction Score
Taking another look, that road at the top of the picture led to East Main Street to the left. Go right and you run into Brass Mills Park. It had 3 ball fields if I remember correctly.
you are correct on both accounts

Reaction Score
Yes the fields are next to the highway, Scruples is maybe a .5 mile away, foxy is closed and Mr Happys I believe still rolling

Yeah I see Hamilton we played there and the bar may have been Scruples, sounds more like it all the time. Mr Happy's still rolling along huh, yikes can't believe that one.

Reaction Score
I remember them going. I was home then. Bobby Guerrera comes to mind. Another good pitcher.

Yep Guerrera was one of the top pitchers for that team, they were loaded with pitching and hitters galore.

Reaction Score
Please move this thread to the baseball board.
LOl, ok once the reminiscing starts its tough to stop. How about some old Pearl Street stories wen drove in and saw a Washington DC plate on a White Mercedes and upon entering the building to warm up I saw one of the biggest dudes I ever saw........Rick Mahorn. Needless to say I chose not to play that game.....He gave Tony Hanson a brutal hip check that sent him flying, TH got up in a hurry and well Mahorn was just laughing......Maybe that will bring it back to some hoop . This can be moved or whatever. I'm not good with that stuff

Reaction Score
LOl, ok once the reminiscing starts its tough to stop. How about some old Pearl Street stories wen drove in and saw a Washington DC plate on a White Mercedes and upon entering the building to warm up I saw one of the biggest dudes I ever saw...Rick Mahorn. Needless to say I chose not to play that game.....He gave Tony Hanson a brutal hip check that sent him flying, TH got up in a hurry and well Mahorn was just laughing.Maybe that will bring it back to some hoop . This can be moved or whatever. I'm not good with that stuff

Whatever happened to the kid from Waterbury Phil Lott? Think he started at Hawaii or something, really could shoot the ball back in the day.

Reaction Score
Jesus. Seeing what you two are doing to my favorite thread is more heartbreaking than what KO or the AAC or whomever s is doing to our Huskies.

Reaction Score
Jesus. Seeing what you two are doing to my favorite thread is more heartbreaking than what KO or the AAC or whomever s is doing to our Huskies.

Sorry memories of baseball and being young are hard to pass.

Next

Reaction Score
What does that have to do with American Legion baseball memories?

Nicely played 8893 and you're right. These kinds of posts have no place in a kidnapped thread - arch to the lions!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom