OT: Connecticut Magazine Best Burger Places | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Connecticut Magazine Best Burger Places

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hit Goldburger today. It was excellent. I will be back. Don't think I'd change a thing about the burger but I look forward to experimenting with different combinations.

I kind of panicked today because I was in the mood for blue cheese and was intrigued by their burger with blue cheese and "frizzies," i.e., thin sliced fried onions; but I also felt like a burger with a fried egg, so at the lady's suggestion I added that but got the burger as a single instead of a double. Turned out great, just enough but not too much.

Although I can't imagine not getting a burger, I'm betting that the rest of their offerings are good, too.

Thanks again for the recs on that. It will be a regular stop when I'm in the area.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Best thing about the yard goat game last night...

I learned goldburgers has opened a spot in Hartford!!!

399 capitol ave

Bob Ramen Closes, Reopens As GoldBurgers On Capitol
Funny I was in Hartford for the day on Monday and drove to Newington for lunch to hit Goldburgers again. Glad they are opening one right in the city.

I got the Goldburger this time, but like last time I made it a single instead of a double. It was still good, but without the egg and frizzies, which I had on the last one, the single burger seemed a bit overwhelmed by the bun. The chips were decent but I liked the frizzies and egg better. The burger was a bit overcooked this time, too.

Think I'll try a double next time, or go back to adding the egg and/or frizzies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom