OT - Burger Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Burger Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Usually if bacon is involved I'm happy enough but, the only place I've ever made a 'burger destination' is My Favorite Place in Cos Cob. If you go around lunch time and don't mind a few strollers you can witness the parade of the au pairs. Hands down best burger though.

Reaction Score
Willet house steak house in Port Chester, exit 2 on I 95. Grab a seat at the bar and order the $11 hamburger, comes with full plate of French fries and fries onions. Quality of the meat outstanding given they are high steakhouse.. Best $11 you will ever spend

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Best one I've had recently was at Holeman and Finch in Atlanta.

Agreed. I know it gets incredibly hyped but I thought it was warranted. That is one damned fine burger.

Reaction Score
Is Shady Glen still around - and did the place become as mediocre as I heard? Either it got worse, or perhaps I just had irrationally fond memories of their cheeseburger from childhood.

Reaction Score
Might not be the best thread for this, but db Bistro in Midtown Manhattan has a ridiculously good burger that is stuffed with Foie Gras, short ribs, and black truffle w/ great fries. It is absolutely delicious; but at $32 it better be.

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Big Steve's Grill in Plainville? Drove by it one time when I was in the town, but didn't get a chance to stop in.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is Shady Glen still around - and did the place become as mediocre as I heard? Either it got worse, or perhaps I just had irrationally fond memories of their cheeseburger from childhood.

I think the Glen is the almost the same. They had to find a new cheese purveyor. The place is just as fun, but the actual burger patty was never that great to begin with.

Reaction Score
Good Burger, home of the good burger

Yes, this place is my favorite burger joint. There are several locations in Manhattan. They make their own burger meat offsite and then truck it out to each of their locations. It is fresh and grilled to perfection. Milk shakes are great as well.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
It really is one of those family places that are best experienced when you are a young kid, or, I imagine, if you have a young kid. I went there recently with my parents while visiting them, and all it really had going for it was nostalgia. I'm glad it's still kicking, though.

Reaction Score
Had In & Out in Tucson when we flew in for the Fiesta Bowl. It was okay, but the burgers reminded me of the Duchess Drive In that used to be near Hubbard Park in Meriden.
Best kept secret in Southington (even a lot of the locals don't know) Groggy Frog's on Center St. Superb burgers. It's a bar that has bands after 9 P.M. on weekends. Their burgers are to die for.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Had In & Out in Tucson when we flew in for the Fiesta Bowl. It was okay, but the burgers reminded me of the Duchess Drive In that used to be near Hubbard Park in Meriden.
Best kept secret in Southington (even a lot of the locals don't know) Groggy Frog's on Center St. Superb burgers. It's a bar that has bands after 9 P.M. on weekends. Their burgers are to die for.
Live in Southington and never been. Always drive past as Center St; cuisine has degraded over the years. Should give it a try, do they have any special beers?

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Too bad no one mentions Jack Rabbits.There was one here in Storrs for awhile but it folded up when Mooyah opened. There is still one in old Saybrook.

They cooked burgers a true medium rare. Far superior taste to plan B according to my frequent taste testing. Good specialty burgers. Not super expensive. I can't figure out why it wasn't more popular here. I'm very disappointed its gone.

Mooyah is a bad version of five guys. Exact same formula but not as good.

Burger Fi rocks.

Reaction Score
Live in Southington and never been. Always drive past as Center St; cuisine has degraded over the years. Should give it a try, do they have any special beers?
They have the usual suspects: Two Roads, Guinness, Magic Hat, Harp, etc. on tap & plenty of others in bottles.

Reaction Score
Can't believe goldburgers in Newington hasn't been mentioned yet. Easily one of the best burgers in the state. If you are a burger enthusiast and haven't been there year you're doing yourself a disservice. Oh yeah, it's BYOB as well. Can't beat that.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Too bad no one mentions Jack Rabbits.There was one here in Storrs for awhile but it folded up when Mooyah opened. There is still one in old Saybrook.

They cooked burgers a true medium rare. Far superior taste to plan B according to my frequent taste testing. Good specialty burgers. Not super expensive. I can't figure out why it wasn't more popular here. I'm very disappointed its gone.

Mooyah is a bad version of five guys. Exact same formula but not as good.

Hubby and I were in CT for holidays and went to Mooyah ... by habit, asked for our burgers mid-rare and everyone groaned and said we cannot do that. Oops, forgot we weren't in FL at BurgerMonger, which let's you do that. We actually enjoy Monger more so than Five Guys, and the other small chain down here, Burger 21.

Reaction Score
For down staters the Black Duck in Westport has real good burgers; large and flame broiled. Stuffed burgers too.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Personally, I rarely eat one out any more, because theyh always disappoint in relation to what I can make at home. Salsa and onions mixed into the meat, and strips of andouille or chorizo cut lengthwise instead of (or in addition to) bacon.
]Personally, I rarely eat one out any more.

Wait.. What? ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hit Five Guys yesterday after not having been there for at least a year. Been riding the porcelain Honda every hour since around 3:30 a.m. I guess eating somewhat healthy recently has reduced my tolerance to their grease. Don't think I'll be eating there any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom