OT - Burger Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Burger Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Missed this thread originally but Two Fish, a seafood joint in Misquamicut serves up an amazing burger

Reaction Score
Just one mention of Shake Shack? Not many Fairfield Country posters in this thread I guess.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Tried Ramp's in New Milford this summer, really good roadside burger, chili dogs, and onion rings.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just one mention of Shake Shack? Not many Fairfield Country posters in this thread I guess.

Thought I commented on them upthread. Been to the New Haven one a few times. Above average fast food burger; better than Five Guys but not close to In-N-Out in that category imo.

Jack rabbits - old saybrook.
Gotta try their burger I guess. Have had their hot wings and thought they were good.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
Thought I commented on them upthread. Been to the New Haven one a few times. Above average fast food burger; better than Five Guys but not close to In-N-Out in that category imo. Gotta try their burger I guess. Have had their hot wings and thought they were good.

If you like a touch of heat, the firecracker burger is great

Reaction Score
Thought I commented on them upthread. Been to the New Haven one a few times. Above average fast food burger; better than Five Guys but not close to In-N-Out in that category imo.

Gotta try their burger I guess. Have had their hot wings and thought they were good.

I think SS has the best burger I have had that I didn't cook and it is way better than In N Out but taste is subjective and that's what makes these threads good.

Ive been to the NYC Food Festival's Burger Bash a few times and they have all the trendy new burger joints plus SS and guys like Flay cooking his chains burgers and I have thought SS was the stand out easily but I'm a sucker for heavily salted, smashed patties so I guess I'm biased.

Reaction Score
Hit Five Guys yesterday after not having been there for at least a year. Been riding the porcelain Honda every hour since around 3:30 a.m. I guess eating somewhat healthy recently has reduced my tolerance to their grease. Don't think I'll be eating there any more.

I had a really bad experience there a few years ago. I went to the one in Simsbury on my lunch break, by the time I got back to work I was feeling awful and told my boss I had to leave, she said I looked pale as a ghost and sent me home. I live in West Hartford so UConn Medical Center was on my drive back home and I was really tempted to check myself in because I felt like my organs were shutting down. They are tasty though, it took 5 years to build up the courage but I finally went back and it was fine.

Reaction Score
I don't understand anyone who would put Louis' Lunch in their top burgers. Absolutely nothing remarkable about it.

I have a Shake Shack near me that's pretty good, and I like Five Guys. I've never done In-And-Out.

My all-time personal favorite, though, is Bill Gray's in Rochester, NY. No contest.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had a really bad experience there a few years ago. I went to the one in Simsbury on my lunch break, by the time I got back to work I was feeling awful and told my boss I had to leave, she said I looked pale as a ghost and sent me home. I live in West Hartford so UConn Medical Center was on my drive back home and I was really tempted to check myself in because I felt like my organs were shutting down. They are tasty though, it took 5 years to build up the courage but I finally went back and it was fine.
Five Guys was tasty for sure, but I'm still feeling the effects some 40 hours later. I've since heard from several others who have had similar experiences, although none as long lasting as mine (but I've read of some that lasted longer). Even five years would be too soon for me.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Hit Five Guys yesterday after not having been there for at least a year. Been riding the porcelain Honda every hour since around 3:30 a.m. I guess eating somewhat healthy recently has reduced my tolerance to their grease. Don't think I'll be eating there any more.
Same phenomenon for me yesterday. I had a burger at City Steam on Saturday. The first half was good, but my stomach must have shrunk and doesn't want to handle excessive grease.

Reaction Score
Had a good burger at Kirby's Red Onion Grille in Ocean City MD last week……they were ranked #2 in the OC area with The Globe in Berlin #1…….not a bad burger at all!!!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Except for possibly B&B Burger and Beer at The Venetian in Las Vegas, Louie's Lunch might be the most overrated burger in the country.

Reaction Score
Milo65 said:
Ted's? Anyone?

Huge fan of Teds, it's funny though, if you mention a steamed cheeseburger to people outside of central CT they look at you like you have two heads. Ever try K. Lamay's?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Huge fan of Teds, it's funny though, if you mention a steamed cheeseburger to people outside of central CT they look at you like you have two heads. Ever try K. Lamay's?
A K. Lamay's just opened in Cobalt. The only thing I found subpar is that they serve their burgers on a hard roll. Too much bread for the meat. I'd it be a sandwich roll or oversized hamburger bun. I've never been to Ted's, unless the place up at UConn is under the same ownership (Which I don't believe it was in 95-99). Is the Ted's in Cromwell related to the Ted's in Meriden?

Reaction Score
A K. Lamay's just opened in Cobalt. The only thing I found subpar is that they serve their burgers on a hard roll. Too much bread for the meat. I'd it be a sandwich roll or oversized hamburger bun. I've never been to Ted's, unless the place up at UConn is under the same ownership (Which I don't believe it was in 95-99). Is the Ted's in Cromwell related to the Ted's in Meriden?

Yes the Ted's in Cromwell is the same owner………as I stated played baseball for Ted's sponsorship team growing up, ended my nights at The Brookside across the street in Meriden which led to many 3am steamed burgers…..not sure it's the same Ted's as i had but it's still pretty good. And Kevin Lamay being a Meriden kid knows steam……started at Gary Moore's bar down in Meriden working the burgers in back and extended his business model to Wesleyan area and now I see Cobalt also huh? Smart kid, making a nice penny I am sure!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Yes the Ted's in Cromwell is the same owner………as I stated played baseball for Ted's sponsorship team growing up, ended my nights at The Brookside across the street in Meriden which led to many 3am steamed burgers…..not sure it's the same Ted's as i had but it's still pretty good. And Kevin Lamay being a Meriden kid knows steam……started at Gary Moore's bar down in Meriden working the burgers in back and extended his business model to Wesleyan area and now I see Cobalt also huh? Smart kid, making a nice penny I am sure!
I think he closed the Middletown joint. Was on Main St in front of the former Destinta Theatre.

Since this thread reincarnated I will repeat Knuckleheads on Center Street in Wallingford as a must-eat burger.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In NYC I like:
PJ Clarkes on 55th and 3rd.
Shake Shack
5 Guys
Milk Burger
Schnippers (promise)

Reaction Score
If given the choice I would pick in-n-Out. Same as if Moe's, Qdoba or Chipolte next door, always Chipolte.
Moe's is so much better than Chipotle IMO. I just don't think Chipotle has any flavor.

Everyone I know is on one side or the other. Nobody ever loves both. I had a bad run at Chipotle. Fat and other gross chewy things in the meat the last two times I went. I just gave up. Plus, I love Moe's chips and salsa.
Apologies in advance, I know I have issues, but these comments went directly to Fur Burger vrs Pink Taco to me. Personally more of a burger fan.

On a serious note though, a well made PBJB (peanut butter and jelly burger), although very hard to find in a restaurant, is easily my favorite fat guy snack of all time.

Reaction Score
doodys, north branford

LOLOLOLOL - Doody's really? OMG, are they still open? I thought they crashed & burned ages ago. Wow! I used to wear workboots & flannel there ages ago...

Last edited:

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody ever heard of Dyers, in Memphis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom