OT: Big East Basketball Not Scoring For Fox/Fox Sports 1 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Big East Basketball Not Scoring For Fox/Fox Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ern,

You realize all those schools are light years ahead of UConn, correct?
As far as the Chad Brown comment; I guess the smell of cow manure and fresh oats out in Storrs is lovely to some.
Sean,
First, about a year ago, a poster indicated admissions criterion for both PC & UConn. UConn outshined PC in every category. As I recall, you ignored those facts and just spewed your usual drivel.
Second, as indicated earlier in this thread, UConn is ranked #59 in the country by U.S. World & News. PC isn't in the top 100. You say ND, G'town, BC, & Nova are light years ahead of UConn. ND is in the 20's, BC & G'town are in the 30's. Nova doesn't make the top 100. That isn't exactly light years ahead of us. They are light years ahead of PC though.
Finally, you look at Storrs with that typical PC 60's mentality. Over 6 billion is being invested to make UConn a top 10 state U (Currently #19) Many of the top 10 state U's compare favorably with ND G'town , BC etc. 30,000 students (grad & undergrad) plus faculty make Storrs much more than a cow pasture. One could look at Storrs the way you do. One could look at PC and see a tiny Catholic school in a crummy section of a tired rust belt city residing within a nearly bankrupt state.

Reaction Score
Yonnick,

GEDs are not accepted at PC. There are many fine programs at UConn. The reality is that the admissions standards to get in aren't as stringent as PC.
Not really.

The only thing more stringent about PC is their insistence on enrolling students who have no desire to party in college. Banning males from female dorms in 2015 is OUTRAGEOUS.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I can say without reservation, you have no idea what you are talking about.
He went to Brown. Forgot where he got his law degree but it was at a school just as prestigious. Doesn't come here to flaunt it even though he has every reason to do so. Of course you're not flaunting PC here either. Just defending it.

I'm not sure if you are obtuse and prone to making idiotic statements or whether you are intelligent and dangling bait to get normally reasonable people to bite. Either way it's working.

There seems to be a symbiotic beneficial relationship going on here. People love to insult you, you love to get them to engage and are not offended to the degree these people think, which is why the process continues. Furthermore there is a group that is absolutely clueless to the process and that confusion is almost as entertaining as the back and forth that exist in threads like this.

Personally I would prefer that people understand they are getting sucked up in a drama with obviously no resolution and no benefit from any outcome. But I'll take solace in the entertainment quality. It's preferable to being angry or sad.

Reaction Score
adding fuel to the fire:

Smaller leagues playing full round robin might reap NCAA tourney rewards
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2015/02/22/small-conferences-big-12-big-east/23842465/

The headline implies that there is a correlation between playing a round robin schedule and getting more teams in the dance. About midway through the article they finally state the obvious point - a round robin only helps if most of the teams are having good seasons.

The AAC played a true round robin last year and since half of the teams stunk, half the teams had absolutely no shot at the tournament.

Reaction Score
Not really.

The only thing more stringent about PC is their insistence on enrolling students who have no desire to party in college. Banning males from female dorms in 2015 is OUTRAGEOUS.

Shockingly; your post is 100% wrong. PC ranks near the top in partying every year. Also, males are welcome in female dorms during reasonable hours. Not allowed after midnight during the week; 2am on weekends.

Reaction Score
Sean,
First, about a year ago, a poster indicated admissions criterion for both PC & UConn. UConn outshined PC in every category. As I recall, you ignored those facts and just spewed your usual drivel.
Second, as indicated earlier in this thread, UConn is ranked #59 in the country by U.S. World & News. PC isn't in the top 100. You say ND, G'town, BC, & Nova are light years ahead of UConn. ND is in the 20's, BC & G'town are in the 30's. Nova doesn't make the top 100. That isn't exactly light years ahead of us. They are light years ahead of PC though.
Finally, you look at Storrs with that typical PC 60's mentality. Over 6 billion is being invested to make UConn a top 10 state U (Currently #19) Many of the top 10 state U's compare favorably with ND G'town , BC etc. 30,000 students (grad & undergrad) plus faculty make Storrs much more than a cow pasture. One could look at Storrs the way you do. One could look at PC and see a tiny Catholic school in a crummy section of a tired rust belt city residing within a nearly bankrupt state.

The fact that I don't ignore is that a GED will get you into UCONN; not so at PC. FYI, "rust belt" refers to the midwest, not the East Coast.

Reaction Score
I said this must end 3 pages ago. The PC guys keep throwing bait out there and some just keep on biting. No winning or convincing in this argument but has been a wee bit entertaining but really let it go. I cringe when I see this thread come back to the top of the board.

Reaction Score
Shockingly; your post is 100% wrong. PC ranks near the top in partying every year. Also, males are welcome in female dorms during reasonable hours. Not allowed after midnight during the week; 2am on weekends.
I heard bundling bags were issued during orientation, Any truth to this?

Reaction Score
Haha, an internet troll who spends his days and nights on opposing team message boards (I know this one is not the only one) is talking about partying.

Reaction Score
The fact that I don't ignore is that a GED will get you into UCONN; not so at PC. FYI, "rust belt" refers to the midwest, not the East Coast.
What you do ignore is the fact that the foremost college ranking system has UConn far ahead of PC.
Also, UConn, and most colleges would accept a GED candidate with a very good SAT/ACT score, coupled with 2 years of minimum 3.0 college grades. My guess is if a student entered PC night school (assuming they have adult evening classes) as a non matriculated student and achieved 2 years of a B average, coupled with a 1200SAT, PC would accept that student. Or, are you the director of admissions at PC?
Lastly, rust belt does refer to both northeast, and northern Midwest cities that have plenty of empty factory buildings within it's limits.

Reaction Score
the little entertainment value that the trolling had was lost when ya went into academics. leave it at basketball... who the fk really cares about SATs and GEDs

Reaction Score
the little entertainment value that the trolling had was lost when ya went into academics. leave it at basketball... who the fk really cares about SATs and GEDs
Seriously, your school rank means nothing, all that matters is what you do with that degree afterwards.

This is the king of pointless arguments.

Reaction Score
Maybe your school's slogan should be "Providence College: not as good an education as people with GEDs can get, but still OK".

I know it's a little lengthy, but I trust you can wordsmith it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Would you idiots let this thread die?

Reaction Score
So talking about ball now:

Who wins tomorrow? #6 Villanova or #25 Providence? Will providence show up and win their first game as a ranked team in decade?

Should be fun to watch

Reaction Score
Luckily this is only place I waste time, but anyone who has close to 1k posts on an opposing teams message board, one that is not even on their owns team schedule or conference, has to be an all time loser who posts on multiple boards.

Just like if I Googled "Friarj" I bet other message boards would pop up.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom