OT: Big East Basketball Not Scoring For Fox/Fox Sports 1 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Big East Basketball Not Scoring For Fox/Fox Sports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not everyone can be scholarly enough to attend a State school

Not everyone is scholarly enough to get into a prestigious state school and have pay twice as much too attend a private school that will accept them

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What state school are you referring to? Check the numbers. UCONN is tougher to get into than PC.

My buddy couldn't get in to UConn and ended up at PC. Why would anyone want to go there? I guess the best you can say is that the Dominicans aren't as insufferable as the Jesuits.

Reaction Score
The future for the former "Storrs Agricultural college" is still a hell of a lot better than that of a tiny Catholic college these days.
Academically & athletically.......

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Good restaurants??

There's a great little bistro on Thayer Street I always try to hit up whenever I'm in town. The name's escaping me at the moment.

Reaction Score
What state school are you referring to? Check the numbers. UCONN is tougher to get into than PC.

I'll disagree. Only one institution accepts GEDs. I'll give you a guess which one.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'll disagree. Only one institution accepts GEDs. I'll give you a guess which one.
Congrats on getting your GED! Way to hang in there, we knew you could do it.

Reaction Score
The public institution is ranked #59 in U.S. World & News. The small Catholic college (not University) isn't in the top 100.
As far as accepting GED's, the student would have to have at least a 3.0 average at 2 years in a community college before acceptance. My guess is it would be the same for that small Catholic college.
BTW, that state U has received 4 billion from the state over the past 15 years. Plus another 2.5 billion just approved for the next 10 years. And the small Catholic college has received???

Reaction Score
The public institution is ranked #59 in U.S. World & News. The small Catholic college (not University) isn't in the top 100.
As far as accepting GED's, the student would have to have at least a 3.0 average at 2 years in a community college before acceptance. My guess is it would be the same for that small Catholic college.
BTW, that state U has received 4 billion from the state over the past 15 years. Plus another 2.5 billion just approved for the next 10 years. And the small Catholic college has received???

Yonnick,

GEDs are not accepted at PC. There are many fine programs at UConn. The reality is that the admissions standards to get in aren't as stringent as PC.

Reaction Score
Yonnick,

GEDs are not accepted at PC. There are many fine programs at UConn. The reality is that the admissions standards to get in aren't as stringent as PC.

What horsecrap

You're an idiot. UConn has advanced to a top 19 position amongst ALL Publics. Huge advance over 25 years. Has a FAR more expansive educational mission than Providence.

Does Providence have a Pharmacy school? Where does it sit nationally in Engineering? No one here is stinging you saying you are below Siena; but gosh ... You say some incredibly strange uneducated things.

caw

Reaction Score

It's really arguing a different line item.

I think most realize what you were responding to was a post about typical admissions.

PC may block those with only a GED but that is a very small group of people who enter UConn with that criteria and I'm not sure how letting those with a GED (and fulfilling the other criteria) is a bad thing. that criteria only makes it "easier" for that small subgroup.

If UConn has harder overall standards than really it's harder to get into for the average joe.

Reaction Score
The reality is that the admissions standards to get in aren't as stringent as PC.

If you're a white catholic kid from the Northeast and you're too dumb to get into Boston College, Notre Dame, or Georgetown and you don't mind spending four years in dumpy part of town dodging bullets from the Chad Brown projects Providence is a perfectly fine place to go to school.

Reaction Score
If you're a white catholic kid from the Northeast and you're too dumb to get into Boston College, Notre Dame, or Georgetown and you don't mind spending four years in dumpy part of town dodging bullets from the Chad Brown projects Providence is a perfectly fine place to go to school.

Pretty much. The kids that can't get into GTown and ND go to BC. The kids who can't get into BC go to Nova and the kids who can't get into Nova go to St. Joes or PC. One thing is for certain -PC is not anyone's first choice and the same can't be said about UCONN.

Reaction Score
Ern,

You realize all those schools are light years ahead of UConn, correct?
As far as the Chad Brown comment; I guess the smell of cow manure and fresh oats out in Storrs is lovely to some.

Reaction Score
seanmc94 said:
Ern, You realize all those schools are light years ahead of UConn, correct? As far as the Chad Brown comment; I guess the smell of cow manure and fresh oats out in Storrs is lovely to some.

I didn't go to either school, but I did go to college in Providence and I can say without reservation that Providence College is a sh__t hole.

Reaction Score
What horsecrap

You're an idiot. UConn has advanced to a top 19 position amongst ALL Publics. Huge advance over 25 years. Has a FAR more expansive educational mission than Providence.

Does Providence have a Pharmacy school? Where does it sit nationally in Engineering? No one here is stinging you saying you are below Siena; but gosh ... You say some incredibly strange uneducated things.
Pudge,

How many students enroll in the Pharmacy school or Engineering?
My point was about general admissions.

Reaction Score
I didn't go to either school, but I did go to college in Providence and I can say without reservation that Providence College is a sh__t hole.

I can say without reservation, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom