OT Best Wings in CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT Best Wings in CT

Reaction Score
Black Duck Westport still does it right and they are big.....not drumettes. Been doing it same way for decades.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Black Duck Westport still does it right and they are big.....not drumettes. Been doing it same way for decades.

Not wing-related, but Black Duck was my hangout when I used to work w/i walking distance of the place. Having not been there since the 90s, did they ever remodel the place to level the canted corridor to the bathrooms? Walking down that corridor to hit the head always made me feel drunker than I was due to the tilt. Kinda like a cheap funhouse attraction.

Reaction Score
Not wing-related, but Black Duck was my hangout when I used to work w/i walking distance of the place. Having not been there since the 90s, did they ever remodel the place to level the canted corridor to the bathrooms? Walking down that corridor to hit the head always made me feel drunker than I was due to the tilt. Kinda like a cheap funhouse attraction.
They cleaned it up 7 or 8 years ago but left the tilt. Change comes there at a glacial pace.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
In order:

1. J. Timothy's
2. Dew Drop Inn (surprised to only see one other mention this)
3. Sliders
4. Archie Moore's

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tipping Chair in Southington does a great job too. Small place but great food and live music.

Reaction Score
Preference of Flats/Wings vs. Drums/Legs? Team flats here.

And props to the restaurants that allow you to order all of one or the other (w/o charging extra). Although it’s a price I am willing to pay.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Preference of Flats/Wings vs. Drums/Legs? Team flats here.

And props to the restaurants that allow you to order all of one or the other (w/o charging extra). Although it’s a price I am willing to pay.
I prefer the flats, but I still like having some drumettes to mix it up. If I could choose, I’d do a 2/3 1/3 split.

Reaction Score
Tried to post to an old thread but it was closed.

Figured that I would give an update to some of the comments in the old wing thread. My son requested we go to Bidwell Tavern yesterday after UConn tour and meetings in business school etc. We got the hot buffalo and the teriyaki wings. Wings were dry and lacked taste. The buffalo had no heat. Finger licking/wiping was definitely not necessary.

Several years ago I would have argued that Bidwell was the standard bearer for wings. Sadly, cannot say that anymore.
Best wings in CT were Ray, Rip and Caron.

Reaction Score
J Tim's hard 1, Pippa's and TK's in Danbury also great. Archie Moore's also solid

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom