OT: Best Movie Franchise of All Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Movie Franchise of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't know about the newer Star Wars stuff, but I saw the first Star Wars movie the day after the big east coast blackout ended in 1977. Bunch of college friends and I in NYC dropped acid and made our way to a Times Square theater. Ran into a professor which was kinda cool. After it ended we all agreed to sit tight and watch it again. There was nothing like it at the time.

Reaction Score
Wow you guys missed the classic

hot tub.jpg

Reaction Score
Jurassic Park for me. Thought they were really cool when i was younger and the new one had a lot of entertainment value even if it won't win any oscars. Dinosaurs

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jurassic Park for me. Thought they were really cool when i was younger and the new one had a lot of entertainment value even if it won't win any oscars. Dinosaurs

Man, the new one was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. First couple were phenomenal.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
The Godfather is great, no doubt, but I think I'm going with Lord of the Rings. It's a great trilogy and the most consistent 1-3.
Was going to post the same. Absolutely Epic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Lot's of great choices. Put me in the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars first three and Harry Potter Category!
I'd add the Planet of the Apes and Hunger Games to a terrific list by posters!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
The Godfather is great, no doubt, but I think I'm going with Lord of the Rings. It's a great trilogy and the most consistent 1-3.

Chances are you live in your parent's basement if you're a Lord of the Rings fan, CL82. Look in some of those old boxes, find your Dad's VHS Godfather trilogy and watch it.

:p

Reaction Score
After reading this thread I've learned to never listen to any movie suggestions from this crew.

Reaction Score
I will also say The Godfather. Those movies outside of part 3 are pretty much flawless. The thing about Star Wars that makes it so unique is that people of all ages love those movies...and yes i am talking about the original trilogy.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This is about fun movie series, not so much about great movies. The Godfather I & II were great movies, but are dragged down a bit by the third one. The LOTR trilogy was a fantastic realization of the classic series. Just about perfect for what it was. Star Wars was a cultural event -- there had never been anything like it, even though it looks fairly lame now in terms of effects. Back to the Future was also a great series, fun, clever, and smart at the same time (please don't ask me to distinguish clever and smart, just seems a little different). I would also add Jurassic Park as it has great dinosaurs! I loved the first couple. I also liked the Indiana Jones series ("He chose poorly." ). The only other series I would say was of great quality was Harry Potter, as uncool as it is to say so.

Reaction Score
I am completely not saying these are the best, just trying to throw a few more out there that have been of decently high quality all around: X-Men, Cap/Ironman/Avengers Marvel et al, Terminator (haven't seen the newest yet), Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Hannibal Lecter (just forget that last one), Ghostbusters...

Oh, and TWILIGHT and TRANSFORMERS, BEST MOVIES EVAH !!!!!!1111!!<------ This is sarcasm

Nostalgia-wise the Indiana Jones' will always be hard to top for me. Quality-wise Potter, Toy Story, and LOTR are pretty bulletproof.

Reaction Score
I am completely not saying these are the best, just trying to throw a few more out there that have been of decently high quality all around: X-Men, Cap/Ironman/Avengers Marvel et al, Terminator (haven't seen the newest yet), Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, Hannibal Lecter (just forget that last one), Ghostbusters...

Oh, and TWILIGHT and TRANSFORMERS, BEST MOVIES EVAH !!!!!!1111!!<------ This is sarcasm

Nostalgia-wise the Indiana Jones' will always be hard to top for me. Quality-wise Potter, Toy Story, and LOTR are pretty bulletproof.

The Cameron Terminators are two of my favorite movies ever, but they've now made more terrible ones than good ones.

Reaction Score
Surprised no one has mentioned the Alien franchise. The first 3 were directed by Ridley Scott, James Cameron and David Fincher which is pretty crazy. Lost track of what number we are up to.

Reaction Score
The Cameron Terminators are two of my favorite movies ever, but they've now made more terrible ones than good ones.
The crane truck chase scene goes a long way in redeeming Mostow's Terminator 3 for me, it's not the best movie, but it's watchable. McG is a sh¡t director but somehow I don't hate Salvation. Haven't seen Genisys. That franchise has an impossible job of always being compared to the incredible Cameron films.

Speaking of James Cameron, Titanic 2 is a rare gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom