OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Why didn't you answer my question from before? What's the deal with the try hard foodie, and especially Arby's lover gimmicks?

A man loves food.

What's the issue.

Reaction Score
A man loves food.

What's the issue.

So you wouldn't say there's any difference between literally everyone else discussing/nominating their particular favorite establishments and your literal omnipresence and attempts to moderate/judge each submission? You know there's plenty of sites that are actually dedicated to this type of discussion, right? Why wouldn't you just try one of those on for size? Having this obsessive foodie/Arby's gimmick is rather out of place on a forum meant for UConn basketball discussion.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
So you wouldn't say there's any difference between literally everyone else discussing/nominating their particular favorite establishments and your literal omnipresence and attempts to moderate/judge each submission? You know there's plenty of sites that are actually dedicated to this type of discussion, right? Why wouldn't you just try one of those on for size? Having this obsessive foodie/Arby's gimmick is rather out of place on a forum meant for UConn basketball discussion.

U Mad Bro?

Reaction Score
Such an Arby's hater.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Has anyone mentioned that seafood stew/chowder is far superior to any form of clam chowder in any event?

When we went to Nova Scotia for a week several years ago we had seafood stew at every stop, sometimes twice a day. Always different, always great. Same thing when we were in Ireland and England last summer. Basically, whatever seafood is in season locally, with fresh herbs, broth and a touch of cream. I don't see it on enough menus here, but when I do I get it and it is almost always excellent.

Reaction Score
Good point, I think I would take a good shrimp & corn chowder over just about any clam chowder.

Something that is awesome to do in the summer is to grab a lobster roll and chowder @ Lobster landing in Branford and then walk across to Stoney Creek and grab a few pops there. Incredibly good time and fun place.

Has anyone mentioned that seafood stew/chowder is far superior to any form of clam chowder in any event?

When we went to Nova Scotia for a week several years ago we had seafood stew at every stop, sometimes twice a day. Always different, always great. Same thing when we were in Ireland and England last summer. Basically, whatever seafood is in season locally, with fresh herbs, broth and a touch of cream. I don't see it on enough menus here, but when I do I get it and it is almost always excellent.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good point, I think I would take a good shrimp & corn chowder over just about any clam chowder.

Something that is awesome to do in the summer is to grab a lobster roll and chowder @ Lobster landing in Branford and then walk across to Stoney Creek and grab a few pops there. Incredibly good time and fun place.
The one in Branford is the Lobster Shack. Lobster Landing is in Clinton and has a better lobster roll imo, but no chowder (and no nearby brewery to walk to, but it is on the water and BYOB, and has a killer sausage and peppers, too).

Reaction Score

I'll take a Bermuda fish chowder over clam chowder any day. Of course, now I have to . . .

Reaction Score
Honestly, some of the best clam chowder I have had is at Sherwood Diner in Westport, CT.... I don't know where they get it from but from July-September I always get it as an appetizer before a regular meal.

Reaction Score

Yes, any bouillabaisse is better than any clam chowder as is any seafood gumbo and jambalaya.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just drove past the Clam Castle and remembered that it's Donahue's now, too, and also has top notch Clam chowder in both RI and NE varieties.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
hey @NielsisGood check out my delicious feast from Arbys last week.

Look at that incredible Pork Belly. Look at that incredibly crafted amuse-bouche (buffalo chicken slider) I got to titillate the senses before digging into the pork belly main event.

Sorry for partying. Not sorry.

F4p1xCD.jpg
You want some meat and toppings with your bread?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
To the OP and other defenders of those inferior versions of Clam Chowda:

The only reason to add cream to a chowder is if the clams are past their prime—still edible, but in need of something to cover the taste of their ever-growing funk.

So?

I thank the dude who thought of the idea to add cream. Love that NE clam chowda!!! Just don't know who has the best.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lenny & Joe's in Madison is so great. Food always legit and the whole BYOB in back is awesome.

We used to hit up more when kids where younger and enjoy the carousel and ice cream stand.

My last meal would a fried NE Seafood platter with whole bellies from there.

Italian Beef and Philly Cheesesteak very close too
Is this a positive post? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Lenny and Joe's...its almost soft shell crab time!! And the BYOB is great!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Bill's seafood is better than Lenny and Joe's as is their Clam Chowder. Different crowd but very good seafood and excellent chowder and bisques, especially the seafood one.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bill's seafood is better than Lenny and Joe's as is their Clam Chowder. Different crowd but very good seafood and excellent chowder and bisques, especially the seafood one.
I wouldn't say better,but different and also good. Classic joint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom