OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT

Reaction Score
The best NE and RI chowders around are served at a restaurant in Los Angeles. Flame away, but I've heard enough confirmation from life-long New Englanders to have a feeling I'm right.

Hopefully, you are NOT referring to Connie & Ted’s.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Do you just wait for that guy to post in one of the food threads so that you can try to turn your nose up toward him? All the attempted elitist bull crap from you toward him over variations of food dishes is bizarre.
Hello, Mrs. HuskyHawk! Thank you for your interest in Boneyard food threads.

Please know that I don't blame you for your son's underdeveloped tastebuds. I'm sure that you were well-meaning when you served your family deep dish clam pizza with ranch dressing.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Nope, to my knowledge, nobody had discussed what variation of chowder August West favors. Guess the foodie/Arby's lover gimmick hasn't gone over as well as hoped?

Who are you again?

Reaction Score

Please know that I don't blame you for your son's underdeveloped tastebuds. I'm sure that you were well-meaning when you served your family deep dish clam pizza with ranch dressing.

Swing and a miss champ. Why you chose to suckle onto August West's of all people undercarriage is perplexing.

Reaction Score
Who are you again?

It's better to not actively post often enough than to be known as the guy with the Arby lover gimmick. Not sure why you decided the UConn basketball forum is the best place to try out your "I am the preeminent food connoisseur/Arby's fan" persona.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's better to not actively post often enough than to be known as the guy with the Arby lover gimmick. Not sure why you decided the UConn basketball forum is the best place to try out your "I am the preeminent food connoisseur/Arby's fan" persona.

If loving Arby's is wrong, I don't want to be right.

August_West

Reaction Score

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How would you describe your Boneyard persona? Should we open that issue up to others? "Dickish" and "humorless" comes to mind.

August_West

Reaction Score
How would you describe your Boneyard persona? Should we open that issue up to others? "Dickish" and "humorless" comes to mind.

Plus his handle sucks. Niels wasnt good. He was GREAT! Big time fail. Sounds slightly butthurt.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Mrs. Husky Hawk has no idea who Niels is, except for Niels Lofgren perhaps. She's not a college sports fan at all. She does prefer New England Clam Chowder, and despises the fake RI pizza. And, sadly, we don't have a son.

August_West

Reaction Score
Mrs. Husky Hawk has no idea who Niels is, except for Niels Lofgren perhaps. She's not a college sports fan at all. She does prefer New England Clam Chowder, and despises the fake RI pizza. And, sadly, we don't have a son.

*Nils* Lofgren. But the attempt is admirable to fit the narrative.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

August_West

Reaction Score
hey @NielsisGood check out my delicious feast from Arbys last week.

Look at that incredible Pork Belly. Look at that incredibly crafted amuse-bouche (buffalo chicken slider) I got to titillate the senses before digging into the pork belly main event.

Sorry for partying. Not sorry.

F4p1xCD.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
*Nils* Lofgren. But the attempt is admirable to fit the narrative.

Yeah, it was all I had to work with. Music she knows since her dad was a pretty big record wholesaler in the Boston area.

As a long-time disc jockey in the Boston market, the independent record store was (and continues to be) a vital part of my existence since 1970. I have found very few retail experiences where the owner and/or staff (and usually the owner - almost by definition, these are hands-on entities) have such intimate and passionate knowledge of their product and of their customer's needs.

A case in point:

In the 80's, a local record distribution outlet named "Peter's Records One Stop" (PROS) used to open up early on Saturday mornings for local Disc Jockeys. It was totally unadvertised, but the owner developed a solid loyal following in the mobile, nightclub, and FM communities that way. In 1987, I moved out of the area, and returned home in 1992. On a whim, I met a friend at PROS on a Saturday morning...and as soon as I walked in the door, the owner flagged me down and started waxing enthusiastically about a brand new CD which would be "perfect" for me - as if five years hadn't elapsed since my last visit! And as it turns out, he was dead-on with his recommendation....

- Mark Fortunato (Rockin-In-Boston.com)​

August_West

Reaction Score
The Star Cut Bun ™ would be right at home at at the finest Paris Boulangerie. Sorry @NielsisGood is good doesnt get it.

U5EWUkG.jpg

Reaction Score

I'm not really trying to have a "Boneyard persona" man. Sorry to upset your fantasy playtime bud.

Reaction Score
Do you just wait for that guy to post in one of the food threads so that you can try to turn your nose up toward him? All the attempted elitist bull crap from you toward him over variations of food dishes is bizarre.

We need you on the Cesspool. Please consider this a special invitation. It's the first ever issued. Quite an honor.

August_West

Reaction Score
NE
RI
MANHATTAN

Saybrook Fish House in Canton serves a nice NE Clam Chowda. My cousin owns the place, so I make it a point to stop in every now and then. It never disappoints.

Remember when Vin Baker owned the Saybrook one?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom