OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's a small group and getting smaller all the time. I understand why: it's hard to make money on food if you do it well, because good staff and good ingredients are not cheap, and it's much easier to make money on the booze markup. But I love BYOB and we are always on the lookout for more.

Lenny and Joe's in Madison, Edd's Place in Westbrook, The Place in Guilford and Lobster Landing in Clinton are easy BYOB calls on the casual, outdoor, mostly seafood joints.

Bufalina and Guilford Bistro used to be BYOB, but they have since gotten beer and wine licenses. They still allow you to BYOB but they charge a fee ($5 per person at Bufalina; corkage fee at Guilford Bistro).

What else?

And no, @August_West , shotgunning beers in your car in the parking lot at Arby's or Chik-fil-a doesn't count.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's a small group and getting smaller all the time. I understand why: it's hard to make money on food if you do it well, because good staff and good ingredients are not cheap, and it's much easier to make money on the booze markup. But I love BYOB and we are always on the lookout for more.

Lenny and Joe's in Madison, Edd's Place in Westbrook, The Place in Guilford and Lobster Landing in Clinton are easy BYOB calls on the casual, outdoor, mostly seafood joints.

Bufalina in and Guilford Bistro used to be BYOB, but they have since gotten beer and wine licenses. They still allow you to BYOB but they charge a fee ($5 per person at Bufalina; corkage fee at Guilford Bistro).

What else?

And no, @August_West , shotgunning beers in your car in the parking lot at Arby's or Chik-fil-a doesn't count.

Funny you should mention that. Last night I ate at a new Thai Place in downtown Chester called " Thai Riverside" . Excellent. But the best part was no corking fee when I walked across the street and brought back a wonderful Alsatian Pinot Gris.

I know you like Chester, highly recommend this place.

Reaction Score
It's in RI, but my buddy runs Casa Pizza in Narragansett. Mostly takeout but they have a small dine in area and awesome pizza. Their other spot in westerly (casa della luce) is really good too, but not byob

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Lobster Landing was always a favorite.

We keep a boat out at Cedar Island, so it's a no-brainer.
It's one of my favorite places in the world, and Baci, the owner, is one of my favorite people.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Singo Sushi in Waterbury. In the middle of a strip mall and tight as tight can be but good fresh sushi and a liquor store 2 doors down.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Lobster Landing was always a favorite.

We keep a boat out at Cedar Island, so it's a no-brainer.
Ah haaa! I have seen it.
upload_2017-5-4_11-59-8.jpeg

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
The Spicy Green Bean is still BYOB i think. Nu Nu's in Colchester as well...great Italian food.

Reaction Score
What is the place in Guilford that was featured on Man-Fire-Food, it's an outdoor place with lobster, clams, etc.? Definitely has to be BYOB I would think.

Reaction Score
Tomasso's Feeding Hills MA - okay it's not CT but it's 5 minutes form Suffield.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What is the place in Guilford that was featured on Man-Fire-Food, it's an outdoor place with lobster, clams, etc.? Definitely has to be BYOB I would think.
It's literally called "The Place." Yes, it's BYOB. The lobster is wildly overpriced imo, but very good; and the roasted clams are worth the trip alone.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If it The Place it is a very hit-or-miss place. Food has gone downhill over time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Gideon's BBQ in Glastonbury is pretty good. The Wooster St in Storrs is BYOB but by far the worst location.

Reaction Score
Abbott's in Noank is popular if you're down that way

I wasn't overwhelmed, but it is popular in the summer

It's literally called "The Place." Yes, it's BYOB. The lobster is wildly overpriced imo, but very good; and the roasted clams are worth the trip alone.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Abbott's in Noank is popular if you're down that way

I wasn't overwhelmed, but it is popular in the summer
I like Abbott's, but I agree, I've never been blown away. Tasty lobster though. We have friends with a house on Groton Long Point so it's a usual stop when we go see them.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Can't recommend this enough : Suso's Latin Basket in Manchester. Spanish and South American cuisine... deliciousness, huge portions, reasonable prices, and a liquor store next door.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can't recommend this enough : Suso's Latin Basket in Manchester. Spanish and South American cuisine... deliciousness, huge portions, reasonable prices, and a liquor store next door.
"Permanently Closed" via a google search. Thank you for getting my hopes up, bro.

Reaction Score
The Spicy Green Bean is still BYOB i think. Nu Nu's in Colchester as well...great Italian food.

Ugh. I ate at Nunu's once and it was one of the worst meals I've had in a long time. I'm guessing you're 65+ since that was most of the clientele the night I was there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom