OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT

Reaction Score
One of my favorite underrated spots, Saray Turkish Restaurant in West Haven, really good Turkish food and no uncorking fee for BYOB.

Reaction Score
I like Abbott's, but I agree, I've never been blown away. Tasty lobster though. We have friends with a house on Groton Long Point so it's a usual stop when we go see them.

Pre-shellfish ban, I had more overcooked lobster at Abbott's than anywhere else. It's the definition of hit-or-miss.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One of my favorite underrated spots, Saray Turkish Restaurant in West Haven, really good Turkish food and no uncorking fee for BYOB.
Good to know. I go there for lunch occasionally but have never been there for dinner so didn't know about the BYOB.

Speaking of good underrated food in West Haven, I take it you know Charcoal Chicken? Not BYOB, but a spot I frequent for lunch. Love the 1/4 chicken with rice and beans. And the hot sauce is tremendous.

Reaction Score
River Street in Milford: Solid Italian, Cash Only, and make reservations. Great small family owned place.

Reaction Score
The Vietnam Restaurant in the Elmwood section. Of West Hartford is BYOB and absolutely delicious. Pho Boston nearby gets the acclaim but I think TVR is way way better. Get the shaken beef and Vietnamese ravioli! And of course the pho.

Reaction Score
Blue Oar Restaurant on the CT River in Haddam. Eat outside on picnic tables with a loaded cooler. Hard to pass up.

Buon Appetito in Canton. Italian dishes with Vietnamese zing.

Reaction Score
Am I the only drinker who doesn't like drinking while eating? A glass of wine is okay with a few things but I really don't like beer with any food. When eating I just want to cleanse my palate with water. Soda goes great with pizza and a few other greasy foods but almosr always just water for me.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Am I the only drinker who doesn't like drinking while eating? A glass of wine is okay with a few things but I really don't like beer with any food. When eating I just want to cleanse my palate with water. Soda goes great with pizza and a few other greasy foods but almosr always just water for me.
99% of the time it's wine for me with a meal. Simple Italian reds with pizza, interesting whites or Prosecco with seafood (bubbles are especially good with lobster or fried seafood). Sancerre or Chablis with raw oysters; or Guinness or porter--one of the few instances in which I think beer is a good match for food. Burgundy with salmon. Rhones with just about anything.

Reaction Score

100% in agreement on this

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And that place looks to be less than a mile from the house I bought this fall. Cmon Mike, shape up.
Admittedly I haven't been as often since leaving Manchester.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Blue Oar Restaurant on the CT River in Haddam. Eat outside on picnic tables with a loaded cooler. Hard to pass up.

Buon Appetito in Canton. Italian dishes with Vietnamese zing.

Excellent call on Blue Oar. Im there pretty often. Very close to home.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow. I'm shocked.

From their website: Roast beef, cheddar, horseradish mayo, roasted red pepper, lettuce, & tomato on a hard roll

Wife and daughter like it. Nice place to sit on river with a cooler. Food pedestrian but not bad

Reaction Score

Sure, while you're eating, but then afterwards, what do you drink to wash it down, followed by six or seven more, just to, y'know... make sure it's really washed down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom