OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best BYOB restaurants in CT

Reaction Score
Sure, while you're eating, but then afterwards, what do you drink to wash it down, followed by six or seven more, just to, y'know... make sure it's really washed down.
I love alcohol and will drink most everything, just not while I'm eating.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I love alcohol and will drink most everything, just not while I'm eating.

Then what do you drink while you're eating?

Reaction Score
Then what do you drink while you're eating?
Water. I do love soda with pizza and red wine goes well with a steak or a rich italian dish, white wine is fine with fish. I don't ever want beer with my food and almost always just drink water.

I've also never drank a cup of coffee in my life, I'm weird.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Water. I do love soda with pizza and red wine goes well with a steak or a rich italian dish, white wine is fine with fish. I don't ever want beer with my food and almost always just drink water.

I've also never drank a cup of coffee in my life, I'm weird.

Basically, I think that is relatively normal. I hardly ever drink, but even I think having a glass of water with any sort of decent restaurant meal is odd. I'll almost always opt for wine of some sort with dinner.

I also agree on beer...with two exceptions.

German restaurants and clam shacks. Beer is perfect for both.

Reaction Score
Basically, I think that is relatively normal. I hardly ever drink, but even I think having a glass of water with any sort of decent restaurant meal is odd. I'll almost always opt for wine of some sort with dinner.

I also agree on beer...with two exceptions.

German restaurants and clam shacks. Beer is perfect for both.

The only thing I've ever had in German restaurants are giant pretzels and giant beers.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The only thing I've ever had in German restaurants are giant pretzels and giant beers.

If that's all you want, that's all you need.

Pretzels are a large part of why I like German food. We went to Germany a while back and the relatives basically had giant pretzels for breakfast. I almost stayed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alsatian and Austrian wines are great with German food.

But I agree, German beers also pair very well.

Reaction Score
Yes. Wife and I did Oktoberfest a few years ago. Easily the coolest thing ever. Everyone should do at least once.

Pretzels huge breakfast food for sure.

If that's all you want, that's all you need.

Pretzels are a large part of why I like German food. We went to Germany a while back and the relatives basically had giant pretzels for breakfast. I almost stayed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Forgot to add, had dinner at Johnny Ad's tonight. I didn't think they were still BYOB since they sell beer now, but glad that I packed the cooler because I am happy to report that they are still BYOB.

Even happier to report that their fried seafood remains the best--yes, still better than Lenny and Joe's or Clam Castle. Their scallops in particular are unsurpassed. Lobster roll was good but definitely a notch below Lobster Landing. Chowder was still listed as RI style, but was more "Connecticut style," i.e., broth with touch of cream, than I remember. It was good but used to be better. Lenny and Joe's does this style better. And this one had too many potatoes.

But I will be back for the scallops. They are my favorite and theirs are the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom