OT....AROD to be banned from baseball. | The Boneyard

OT....AROD to be banned from baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Yankees are saved millions?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

No ! Not only did the Yankees get to benefit from his roided up homeruns, now they get the contract off the books as it is set to become an albatross to the team. Can't make it up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He and the union will fight this tooth and nail to not let this happen. My guess is an arbitrator will give him less since he has never tested positive.
As a Yankee fan I hope he does get the boot for good as he has been a poor role model and my least favorite Yankee

Reaction Score
He's my least favorite athlete ever and I can honestly say I was totally against the Yankees getting him all of those years ago and I haven't been quite the same Yankee fan since he's been on the team. I'm so happy with this news and that it's coming to light the guy has been cheating since high school.

Reaction Score
The lifetime ban for actions detrimental to baseball, has no appeal process, and I doubt the players union will back AROID at all, because he had the chance to take the ban the others did, and his big mouth lawyer refused.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
A-Rod has shown a few flashes of likability every now and then, but by and large I think he has some real problems going on upstairs. I hope he's been careful with his money - a lifetime ban and the accompanying shame will be quite difficult to deal with, but a lavish retirement beginning at age 38 will not.

Reaction Score
I am a Yankees fan, but not a huge A-Rod fan, but this whole banned for life idea is really rubbing me the wrong way. Selig is just being a bully in this whole situation, basically forcing players to take shorter suspensions, so they don't appeal. Probably because MLB knows their evidence is shaky. Really don't like this from Bud.

Reaction Score
He continues to show he's a huge narcissist and how disconnected from reality he is. Everyone with good intel on the situation says they have way more goods on him then they did on Braun and this idiot keeps putting out statements saying he's all healed up and ready to play, then he doesn't show up for minor league games and talks about how disappointed he is with the Yankees. It's like he lives in a bubble and has no idea what is going on around him.

Reaction Score
No ! Not only did the Yankees get to benefit from his roided up homeruns, now they get the contract off the books as it is set to become an albatross to the team. Can't make it up.

As a fan of any other team in baseball I'm sure you understand the benefit of 'roided up HR's? After all every team has their share over the years!!

Reaction Score
As a fan of any other team in baseball I'm sure you understand the benefit of 'roided up HR's? After all every team has their share over the years!!
But only the yankees are going to get benefit of having that awful contract going forward come off the books.

Reaction Score
A-Rod is to baseball what Weiner is to politics. Even after getting caught, they continued their escapades.

Reaction Score
A-Rod is to baseball what Weiner is to politics. Even after getting caught, they continued their escapades.
You mean he's going to continue playing in Japan or South Korea?!?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
ARod and his salary must be banned from baseball for the good of the children.

What would it say to the children if ARod's salary was allowed to impact whatever moves the Yankees might make? The children need to go to bed at night knowing that ARod is gone and that the Yankees have a renewed ability to sign away talented players from lesser teams.

We need to keep the children in mind.

Reaction Score
He's my least favorite athlete ever and I can honestly say I was totally against the Yankees getting him all of those years ago and I haven't been quite the same Yankee fan since he's been on the team. I'm so happy with this news and that it's coming to light the guy has been cheating since high school.
Same way felt about SF Giants when they got Bonds, was a fan all the way back to Polo Grounds days.

Reaction Score
Wish NYC never demolished Polo Grounds. What an iconic stadium that was.

Reaction Score
Baseball is actually finally trying to clean up the game and the fans have made I known they want the game to be clean, don't understand why nobody seems to care at all that he majority of NFL and college football players are on PED's.

Reaction Score

I'm a Yankee fan but lets be honest. They didn't exactly get their money's worth considering he signed multiple 200+ million dollar contracts. He cheated the Yankee's just as much as he cheated baseball and the fans. And while he is a liar and a fraud, it's hard to knock his business skills. Taking steroids was certainly worth the risk, and turned out to be a great investment $ wise.

Now if he gets sued maybe he'll move back home, and post on the boneyard out of his parents basement. He would fit right in around here.

Reaction Score

Are you really going to make the Yankees out to be the beneficiaries here? I mean, obviously getting A-Rod's salary off the books would be enormous, but if you're going to begrudge them for benefitting from his tainted performances, then you also have to consider the fact that those tainted performances led to this albatross of a contract.

Reaction Score
They didn't have to give him the contract now did they. Canseco told everyone arod was dirty.aroid was clutch during their last WS. Now instead of being handcuffed by that horrible signing they get a reprieve from mlb. Poor yankees.
Are you really going to make the Yankees out to be the beneficiaries here? I mean, obviously getting A-Rod's salary off the books would be enormous, but if you're going to begrudge them for benefitting from his tainted performances, then you also have to consider the fact that those tainted performances led to this albatross of a contract.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There is a reason why every Yankee fan is praying that ARod gets suspended for life.

We're about to become the first fan base in history to scream that their guy was not punished severely enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom