OT - A-Rod/Dempster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - A-Rod/Dempster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It makes me laugh when I see the people holding signs up when the camera stares them down........do they actually know how lame they look if they're not a 10 year old?:rolleyes:

"ARod = A-Cheat".....holy you stay up all night thinking about that one you 30 year old lame looking piece of crap? lol

Favorite ironic sign from last night:

A-rod = A-Looser

Was dying for the broadcasters to call the guy out. They paused for a sec and probably decided against it.

Reaction Score
If Dempster had thrown at anyone else in baseball, he would've been tossed in a second. Not only was the ump's decision to issue warnings extremely biased, but it put CC into a difficult spot - even if he accidentally hit someone, he could have been tossed from the game. It was an unbelievably bad job by the ump, which has become to standard in MLB.

With that said, it's absurd to compare last night to HBPs where people have gotten injured or died. I'm no fan of the unwritten hot batsman rules in baseball, but A-Rod got hit square in the back. His life or career were in no danger last night.

(Then again, for all we know Dempster was aiming for his head. His control is that bad.)

Reaction Score
It makes me laugh when I see the people holding signs up when the camera stares them down........do they actually know how lame they look if they're not a 10 year old?:rolleyes:

"ARod = A-Cheat".....holy you stay up all night thinking about that one you 30 year old lame looking piece of crap? lol

Boston fans should be more worried about people in their own area like Jerry Remy's son who stabbed a woman to death.

Reaction Score
I believe that, even if the ump had run Dempster, he still would have had to issue warnings to both teams, so CC would have been in the same predicament regardless of whether Dempster stayed in the game or not.
Having said that, Dempster should have been tossed, which would have put his bullpen and his manager in a terrible situation, on a team trying to fight off the Rays for first. I thought it was a very selfish act for Dempster if he did it on his own, and horrible judgement on the Sox's part if it was a planned event.

Reaction Score
Totally agree(Mets fan too). Don't care one way or another for Red Sox/Yankees(but it is great theatre when they play).

Why does Papi get a pass? Wonder if there were "AROID Sign Holders" that were wearing Big Papi shirts?

This is my biggest problem with the situation (i'm a mets fan) but the Red Sox fans act like they never had a player juice when it reality the 04' championship team may of ben the biggest juicing team in history. Regardless, all of us who played baseball know when you take a guy deep to dead center you get the last laugh no matter what happened:D

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Sox should cut Dempster. What did the Sox get out of it? It made ARod sympathetic on a certian level and woke up a sleeping dog. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a negative turning point.

Reaction Score
I am a huge fan of the game of baseball, but throwing at a batter is off base. Yes, it's been in the game forever, but do ya think we need to grow up a little and stop acting like s? People can get hurt and is that what we want. I saw Jason Heyward hit a homer off Strasberg and then the throws at the next batter. It was wrong 100 yrs ago and it's wrong now.

Reaction Score
This is my biggest problem with the situation (i'm a mets fan) but the Red Sox fans act like they never had a player juice when it reality the 04' championship team may of ben the biggest juicing team in history. Regardless, all of us who played baseball know when you take a guy deep to dead center you get the last laugh no matter what happened:D
Where do you get this baseless assertion from? Do you have any proof whatsoever?

Reaction Score
I'm getting tired of people trying to lump people like Papi together with a confirmed serial cheater like ARod. Papi has never failed an official test, only the test that was supposed to be anonymous in 2003. I'm not going to pretend he was clean his whole career but just because he's 37 and hitting for a high average doesn't indicate he's on PEDs. The guy has a whopping 24 home runs, if he was on PEDs he should ask for his money back. Alex Rodriguez has been linked to PEDs three times now and had Anthony Galea treating him at one point. Putting these two in the same discussion is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Where do you get this baseless assertion from? Do you have any proof whatsoever?

FlaHusky please people like you are ridiculous.....#1 Manny was obvious and Papi is on the list.....good enough start? Never mind Varitek and Trot Nixon who are no doubters and although I would think Damon and Millar were I guess I need to wonder on some of the players don't ?? LOL...........there were a few just how many, who knows!! Baseless to the people wearing those red glasses I guess;)

Reaction Score
I'm getting tired of people trying to lump people like Papi together with a confirmed serial cheater like ARod. Papi has never failed an official test, only the test that was supposed to be anonymous in 2003. I'm not going to pretend he was clean his whole career but just because he's 37 and hitting for a high average doesn't indicate he's on PEDs. The guy has a whopping 24 home runs, if he was on PEDs he should ask for his money back. Alex Rodriguez has been linked to PEDs three times now and had Anthony Galea treating him at one point. Putting these two in the same discussion is ridiculous.

People are more sick of people like you who actually believe YOUR TEAM never had a cheater - give it a break, it's baseball! And how ignorant can you be seriously? I'm happy you have a team to root for we all do, but we all have cheaters let's not make this an ARod only thing............

Reaction Score
There is a little thing called proof Mau. People can have their suspicions about every team during that era but to say a team was arguably the biggest juicing team ever without any proof whatsoever is just irresponsible and stupid. Put your Yankee bias aside and show me the proof on this. Trot I have no doubt about, Manny was in all likelihood juicing then as well based on his track record. Show me huge spikes in performance for other guys on the team to back up your point. If you're able to, be prepared for me to pick apart your Yankee championship teams as well, because there's proof of more of them cheating and more dramatic performance spikes than you'll see on the 04 Red Sox roster.

Reaction Score
People are more sick of people like you who actually believe YOUR TEAM never had a cheater - give it a break, it's baseball! And how ignorant can you be seriously? I'm happy you have a team to root for we all do, but we all have cheaters let's not make this an ARod only thing............
Where did I say the Red Sox never had a cheater? Trot Nixon put on 30 lbs of muscle in one offseason and had a huge jump in performance. I admitted to him and Manny but just like in a court of law Id like to see proof when people say someone is "obviously cheating". To keep lumping Papi together with guys like ARod is unfair and removes any credibility someone has on baseball knowledge. When Papi hit 54 home runs I could see it but as a guy on pace to hit 30 home runs its very plausible that he's clean.

Reaction Score
There is a little thing called proof Mau. People can have their suspicions about every team during that era but to say a team was arguably the biggest juicing team ever without any proof whatsoever is just irresponsible and stupid. Put your Yankee bias aside and show me the proof on this. Trot I have no doubt about, Manny was in all likelihood juicing then as well based on his track record. Show me huge spikes in performance for other guys on the team to back up your point. If you're able to, be prepared for me to pick apart your Yankee championship teams as well, because there's proof of more of them cheating and more dramatic performance spikes than you'll see on the 04 Red Sox roster.

What are you talking about my teams were already picked apart and many proven I have no doubts about that - and by the way I never said they were the bigest juicing team please go back and check, I have no idea who is, more than likely the A's many years ago.........I'm a realist...........I already showed the dramatic spike in performance on Papi the minute he and Manny were together no more proof required.........and I doubt it's always big spikes in numbers, it could be shear size of guys. Varitek became huge, Damon did when he went from KC to the A's (not blaming the Sox).......hey we all wish everyone was PED free but Selig allowed it now we can question everyone with spikes........Davis, Cabrera, Encarnarcion and so so many more...........

Reaction Score
Where did I say the Red Sox never had a cheater? Trot Nixon put on 30 lbs of muscle in one offseason and had a huge jump in performance. I admitted to him and Manny but just like in a court of law Id like to see proof when people say someone is "obviously cheating". To keep lumping Papi together with guys like ARod is unfair and removes any credibility someone has on baseball knowledge. When Papi hit 54 home runs I could see it but as a guy on pace to hit 30 home runs its very plausible that he's clean.

OMG why should Papi get a pass then explain that one to me? Do you think just because you use PED's at the age of 60 your numbers won't go down? It's relative, he still has very good power and great bat speed which he lost when he tried to go without.......he's using, think what you want but he has a mask!! Sorry to spoil your next game watching the papster but with what ARod is going through he doesn't deserve to be forgotten........look at ARod numbers, that's dramatic!!

Reaction Score
I somewhat think this is due to that report that ARod and his clan incriminated other players. If remotely true that is as low as it gets and what Dempster did was what every pitcher could justify regardless of game situation. Papi did his share but isn't off being a total Ah*le and threatening to sue MLB and his team or ratting out other players.

As for Farrell and Dempster, they can't admit or suggest they were throwing at him -- that is isn't suspension time.

Totally agree(Mets fan too). Don't care one way or another for Red Sox/Yankees(but it is great theatre when they play).

Why does Papi get a pass? Wonder if there were "AROID Sign Holders" that were wearing Big Papi shirts?

Reaction Score
ARod has never failed an official test either; he was on the "anonymous" list along with Papi. ARod admitted his use. Papi admitted that he tested positive and stated that he was "careless" with vitamins and supplements. When asked what he had taken, he said he didn't know, mentioned milkshakes in the DR, and then the story got swept under the rug despite Ortiz's "investigation" into the matter. Palmeiro, Tejada, Bonds and several others used the "I didn't know what I was taking argument" too after being caught. Papi did the "I'm guilty but it's not my fault" answer and he became more endearing somehow to Red Sox fans.

Also, one of Ortiz's salaried assistants was a noted steroid user and used to work out and discuss steroid use with Jared Remy. I think the aide was imprisoned in 2010 and has since been deported. When Remy was interviewed about it he said that MLB "just wanted to make it go away." Now Remy is obviously a hideous source, and maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seems that over a long period of time Ortiz had a steroid connection. The biggest issue is that Boston fans have simply dismissed Ortiz as a user. It is also amazingly ridiculous that the same fans chanting "cheater" and "steroids" are cheering on Ortiz and looking at him as a folk hero of sorts. Again, ARod and Ortiz failed the same test. The rationale that Papi hasn't failed an official test and therefore is legit is ridiculous. None of the biogenesis guys failed a test either, including ARod. The sad fact is if you fail a MLB test you're an idiot as it seems there are a million other outlets that are one step ahead of the tests.

Reaction Score
I somewhat think this is due to that report that ARod and his clan incriminated other players. If remotely true that is as low as it gets and what Dempster did was what every pitcher could justify regardless of game situation. Papi did his share but isn't off being a total Ah*le and threatening to sue MLB and his team or ratting out other players.

As for Farrell and Dempster, they can't admit or suggest they were throwing at him -- that is isn't suspension time.

Only because he's not being thrown out there like ARod - if he was he'd be that same A**hole!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Damon, never considered to be a genius all but outed himself in an awkward defense of Arod.

Reaction Score
OMG why should Papi get a pass then explain that one to me? Do you think just because you use PED's at the age of 60 your numbers won't go down? It's relative, he still has very good power and great bat speed which he lost when he tried to go without.......he's using, think what you want but he has a mask!! Sorry to spoil your next game watching the papster but with what ARod is going through he doesn't deserve to be forgotten........look at ARod numbers, that's dramatic!!
OMG, youre on of my favorite basketball posters and I find myself agreeing with most of what tou say but with regard you're really infuriating to argue against on this. Alex Rodriguez's name constantly comes up in PED investigations, that's why he's always discussed, not David Ortiz! Papi went through a funk the first two months of 09 I believe and worked his way out of it but you apparently conclude without a shadow of a doubt that he got on some PEDs and magically bounced back immediately and has gone undetected the past 4 years. And if some asks you for proof you revert back to saying how obvious it is and how ignorant I am. Show me any inkling of legitimate proof and I'll happily listen. Until then leave the guy alone.

Reaction Score
OMG, youre on of my favorite basketball posters and I find myself agreeing with most of what tou say but with regard you're really infuriating to argue against on this. Alex Rodriguez's name constantly comes up in PED investigations, that's why he's always discussed, not David Ortiz! Papi went through a funk the first two months of 09 I believe and worked his way out of it but you apparently conclude without a shadow of a doubt that he got on some PEDs and magically bounced back immediately and has gone undetected the past 4 years. And if some asks you for proof you revert back to saying how obvious it is and how ignorant I am. Show me any inkling of legitimate proof and I'll happily listen. Until then leave the guy alone.

And I like you too FLA but you are a typical ignorant Sox fan when this comes up.......actually many agree with me and many even here. Obviously I have no proof but let's just go with he was on the list, they never gave a about him and his numbers never swayed until they went after everyone around 08-09, then magically he returned. His name hasn't been discussed as much as ARod because he's not Arod and he was entitled to sit back and pretend he knew nothing.....you're entitled to your opinion and I respect it but don't think I'll ever believe your guy should sniff the HOF if none of the others will....he is Manny Ramirez with a "mask"........

Reaction Score
The problem is that it is hard to get proof... You have to be really dumb to get caught. I mean the biogenesis guys were writing checks in their name and the clinic had handwritten dosages and accounting. How dumb do you have to be as a professional athlete to leave a paper trail like that? Ken Caminiti said in 02 that 50% of players were on PEDs and he was laughed at. Canseco came out w/ Juiced a few years later and said 80%. I don't think it's changed that much. Players will always be one step ahead of the testing procedures and chemists will be concocting new stuff all the time to beat the tests. The sad fact is that Canseco was right on every player he mentioned in his book. Canseco, super that he is, might actually be the most honest player in the steroid era.

Reaction Score
Ortiz promised "to get to the bottom" of his positive test in 2003. Well ten years later we're still waiting.... It's common knowlege that PED's can be taken in the off season and not detected by testing on season. Ortiz is someone whose bat is gaining speed with advancing age, right. Dempster should be throwing at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom