Oriakhi Transfering? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think he would want to stay close to home with only one year left, maybe UMASS or Providence? Maybe Hofstra? I don't see any way Kentucky would want him. He doesn't fit their style and Calipari can recruit freshman that are better.
I don't disagree, I was just naming two programs that are known for building their teams around transfers and/or one-and-dones.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Alex was an important part of what was the most amazing post season run of all time. I grateful for that.

Alex also has been a pouter from day 1 who has limited himself by focusing on his perceptions of how others are unjustly keeping him from succeeding (refs, coaches, AD) instead of on what he needs to do to succeed.

There are two ways to view the world. Some people view themselves as victims and constently find other people to blame for "keeping them down". Those people are seldom happy and rarely succeed. Others face life challeges head on. The more that gets thrown at them the harder they dig down. Those types are able to handle major hardships and keep going. They are usually content because they feel in control of their lives. If Alex were to choose to be the latter, he'd be a lot happier and much better basketball player. IMO

Regardless, AO is one of 'ours'. I wish him well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This kid has been an AAU superstar and at UConn a very valuable player. He lost his wingman in Jamal Coombs-McDaniel but stayed, even when UConn shoe-horned in Drummond. Maybe Alex hates the kid but I am disapointed if he does leave. But the team can't carry him if he goes through another brain dead season. Next year is his most important ever and to have to fit into another program may not be easy.

Hopefully there will not be a ban and Alex stays.

What has his daddy been posting on facebook?

Reaction Score
If he is really worried about playing in the NCAA Tournament his senior yr and if he doesn't feel ready to go to the draft or play international why wont he just redshirt? Or is the true reason he's ready to leave is because he hated how he was treated this yr and wants to be a "go-to" guy somewhere else?

Reaction Score
If its indeed the need to become the go to guy then maybe Salve Regina or Assumption may be in the mix....:)

Reaction Score
Did you forget Daniels and Drummond already? Most recruits had signed when they came aboard, if we get a schollie for AO, it would be his greatest contribution this season
LOL!!!!! Made me laugh.

Reaction Score
Is this really a surprise? Alex was gonna leave for sure either to the NBA or to another program after Andre took his spot and the program facing a possible tourny ban next year. He's always had a tenuous relationship with Calhoun but he didnt mind it last year because he started and played 30 minutes a game not to mention that Kemba was to pick him up and will the team to a championship. No surprise here but sad nonetheless as he was one of my favorite guys on the team.

NBA??? What are you smoking? There is no way any team drafts AO after the season he just had. NONE.

Reaction Score
Don't let the door hit you on the way out AO. Leave, goodbye, don't call, don't text, don't blog, don't tweet, don't email, don't send letters, send couriers, whores (aka Jamal Two Last Names) just walk out the front door and have fun playing basketball in China with Aaron Brooks.

Reaction Score
He hasn't officially announced his transfer yet and half of the BY is pushing him out the door. Thanks for all the support fellas! I help bring a NC to UCONN and the fans turn on you on a dime. As some other posters have said, I also appreciate his contributions for this year and the last 2. Things haven't always gone the way we'd want and expect, but these are still kids discovering themselves and their future. We can't win every single game nor every single tournament. I'd wish him luck where ever he goes.

It's a shame really, becoming Captain after last year -- proving his relationship was strong with JC, and not producing at a level he and the team expects.

Reaction Score
He hasn't officially announced his transfer yet and half of the BY is pushing him out the door. Thanks for all the support fellas! I help bring a NC to UCONN and the fans turn on you on a dime. As some other posters have said, I also appreciate his contributions for this year and the last 2. Things haven't always gone the way we'd want and expect, but these are still kids discovering themselves and their future. We can't win every single game nor every single tournament. I'd wish him luck where ever he goes.

It's a shame really, becoming Captain after last year -- proving his relationship was strong with JC, and not producing at a level he and the team expects.

Listen guy,

If you watch any of the games you see a poor attitude and a lack of effort. Multiple times I saw him standing around in the paint instead of fighting for a board. If he had the heart of someone like Jeff Adrien he would be a great player. I don't care that he had a couple of good games while we won a national championship. Just because you are part of or do something great doesn't mean you turn off your motor and play when you wanna play. Also, when you say hes "discovering" himself you sound like some hippy who was named "Darfur" after your mom went on some acid binge where she slept with some guy at a Phish concert raising money for some African nation. Grow up this is the real world. If you don't produce at your job you get fired. If you are a lazy ungrateful (insert any name for AO you want) then take a walk and at best hope playing next to Hasheem Thabeet in the future.

Reaction Score
Listen guy,

If you watch any of the games you see a poor attitude and a lack of effort. Multiple times I saw him standing around in the paint instead of fighting for a board. If he had the heart of someone like Jeff Adrien he would be a great player. I don't care that he had a couple of good games while we won a national championship. Just because you are part of or do something great doesn't mean you turn off your motor and play when you wanna play. Also, when you say hes "discovering" himself you sound like some hippy who was named "Darfur" after your mom went on some acid binge where she slept with some guy at a Phish concert raising money for some African nation. Grow up this is the real world. If you don't produce at your job you get fired. If you are a lazy ungrateful (insert any name for AO you want) then take a walk and at best hope playing next to Hasheem Thabeet in the future.

By your definition, everybody on the team should transfer. EVERY PLAYER had moments of "poor attitude and a lack of effort" this year. Sorry, not every body can bring it like YOU can in EVERY day of your life. Bball is an emotional game, there's plenty of ups and downs, deal with it.

Reaction Score
It's his life. It's his college career. It's his future.

I will always wish the best for him, whatever he chooses.

But I confess that I simply do not understand his thinking.

1. He has only one year of eligibility left.
2. Should he transfer, he has to sit out one year.
3. He is likely not sized right or tough enough to target for the NBA, anyway.
4. So, Europe, here he comes!.
5. Wherever he might land, I would argue it will not be as favorable a "showcase" for his talent as UConn.

All that being said....it is awful tough to thrive when you are personally at war with your coach (If that is, indeed, the problem)

He either has to make peace with Calhoun, or he has to find the necessary peace within himself, if he is to stay.

Other than that, he definitely needs to shop around to find what peace he can, elsewhere.....
I agree wholeheartedly with almost all of this. However, if UConn does get the postseason ban, I think he can go without giving up the transfer year. According to what his mother was quoted as saying, there is nothing but love between AO and JC. Sometimes it's tough love.

Reaction Score
By your definition, everybody on the team should transfer. EVERY PLAYER had moments of "poor attitude and a lack of effort" this year. Sorry, not every body can bring it like YOU can in EVERY day of your life. Bball is an emotional game, there's plenty of ups and downs, deal with it.

No, that's your definition. Mine was directed towards our Captain.

Reaction Score
I tend to think his lack of playing time had a lot to do with the fact that we brought in one of the top recruits in the country to play his position. That recruit was determined to have a lot more upside because of his unique physical gifts, and therefore was given much more leeway and time to develop on the court. Not saying it was the wrong (or right) decision, but to say that his loss of minutes was all his own doing overlooks the biggest factor imo, which was not of his doing at all.

Obviously, bringing in Drummond ate into his minutes. But the beginning of this year, AO was the starting 5 and his poor play led to him being benched in favor of both AD and Tyler at various points. Had AO been final four Alex, he would've played more and certainly had not been benched.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As long as it doesn't effect the apr, that we don't need.

Bingo. I'd rather he stay, if he can get his head in the game. If not, better he goes.

H

huskymagic

NBA??? What are you smoking? There is no way any team drafts AO after the season he just had. NONE.

Bass teams dont just look at the type of season you had when making decisions to draft people. He will get drafted in the early to middle second round for sure and its best for him to declare next year when the talent pool is much weaker than this years. He will get drafted based on his physical attributes. I like Alex and wish him all the best but no way he can handle another season as second fiddle if Drummond decides to stay. If Drummond leaves to the NBA then i say 60-40 he probably stays at UCONN because he will be the primary big man along with Roscoe and Olander.

Reaction Score
Listen guy,

You really need to step back and get some perspective. This is an emotional 20 year old kid playing college basketball. He did not take his demotion well. I probably wouldn't either if I had been a key cog in a national championship team. He is a good student and seems like a good teammate. I guess you popped out of the womb with your current level of maturity (not saying much), but the rest of us have to learn as we go.

AO is the ungrateful one? He brought you a national championship. What have you done for him?

Reaction Score
Bass teams dont just look at the type of season you had when making decisions to draft people. He will get drafted in the early to middle second round for sure and its best for him to declare next year when the talent pool is much weaker than this years. He will get drafted based on his physical attributes. I like Alex and wish him all the best but no way he can handle another season as second fiddle if Drummond decides to stay. If Drummond leaves to the NBA then i say 60-40 he probably stays at UCONN because he will be the primary big man along with Roscoe and Olander.

You're shittin me right? Noone will draft him there are 100 better athletes who will be available - he will get invites as a free agent and that's it. He needs to come back and play basketball the way his game can be defined. As someone said like a Jeff Adrien, tough, rebound, stay at the gym all night and make your shots and moves better and maybe become someone that could land in the 2nd round after 4 years. A warrior, not a guy who never moves anyone when rebounding and also can make a spot open jumper enough to make the defense play him. He has a summer, he has another year under the best coach he can have period. Now it's up to him....leave now and he will be real lucky to make a decent buck in Turkey.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Listen guy,

Wow, what a nasty, vindictive post.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Bass teams dont just look at the type of season you had when making decisions to draft people. He will get drafted in the early to middle second round for sure and its best for him to declare next year when the talent pool is much weaker than this years..

LSU could use Oriakhi's Bass talents. Finished 8th last year and ready to make their move.

no8lsu.jpg

Reaction Score
You really need to step back and get some perspective. This is an emotional 20 year old kid playing college basketball. He did not take his demotion well. I probably wouldn't either if I had been a key cog in a national championship team. He is a good student and seems like a good teammate. I guess you popped out of the womb with your current level of maturity (not saying much), but the rest of us have to learn as we go.

AO is the ungrateful one? He brought you a national championship. What have you done for him?

So you are going down the road that he didn't earn the teacher just gave it to him.

Reaction Score
Listen guy,

U mad bro?

Christ, the vitriol that some of you have for these kids is seriously sick. Get a grip man. Get a grip.

Reaction Score
U mad bro?

Christ, the vitriol that some of you have for these kids is seriously sick. Get a grip man. Get a grip.

Get a grip? Grow up, read a book. Somebody watched too much Salute Your Shorts.

Reaction Score
Listen guy,

Calm down. I suppose you never lacked effort in anything you ever did at age 20? What did this kid do to you, exactly?

Reaction Score
If anyone says they don't think the Dafur/Phish concert line is one of the funniest things ever posted on the BY, they're lying to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom