Oriakhi Transfering? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
ISU does love transfers. How sick would that be?

Reaction Score
On the bright side if he tranfers we have a scholly to offer, those are hard to come by at the moment, and if we are banned from post season next year it may be better to start building for the 2014 season.

Why are people having a hard time understanding his thoughts of transferring? It's obvious he has issues with JC and vice versa, thats all it takes.

Reaction Score
Take care, Alex. Sorry but from this guy you won't be missed. On the list of All Time Most Frustrating Guys To Watch but that just me. My blood pressure will probably go down when he goes.

Reaction Score
On the bright side if he tranfers we have a scholly to offer, those are hard to come by at the moment, and if we are banned from post season next year it may be better to start building for the 2014 season.

Why are people having a hard time understanding his thoughts of transferring? It's obvious he has issues with JC and vice versa, thats all it takes.

Because he acts like it is Calhoun's fault that he played like the whole season. He is also a co-captain of the team.

caw

Reaction Score
Because he acts like it is Calhoun's fault that he played like the whole season. He is also a co-captain of the team.

I'm sure Calhoun had a part in it, he isn't the easiest coach to play for at all. Of course AO didn't play much better with George at the helm either.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I have to offer this, as well....

I couldn't be happier for him that he has already earned a ring, in his career.....

There are a bunch of ball players at this and the next level that never have and never will accomplish that.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

This isn't a bad point. There are likely three situations that can play out.

1) We aren't banned. AO comes back. We all want this one.
2) We are banned. AO comes back. He takes up a scholarship and we likely have a very good season but no NCAA tournament so it doesn't matter much besides for pride purposes.
3) We are banned. AO leaves. We can bring in a Freshman who can play under the relatively pressure free environment of a team with no NCAA aspirations.

If we are in fact banned from the tournament and AO leaves, it will probably give us a better setup to build for the future. Option number (1) is still clearly the best option but if we are banned from the tournament, AO transferring is definitely the best option for him and likely the best option for UConn.

Regardless of what happens, I'll always remember him for being a key member on a National Championship team. This year has been frustrating and I would hate to see it be the end of his career here.

Reaction Score
I said in an earlier thread that imo Alex has zero future in the NBA. His game is extremely limited and he has shown no growth at all(with the possible exception of his attitude growing into a bad one). In fact, I think he would not be prime time material to play in Europe either. We have gotten really used to(as well we should) most players in this program being totally committed and loyal. I think Shabazz,Ryan,Roscoe,Tyler and,probably,DeAndre, along with Neils all fit into that category. And it looks like if it isn't Jamal getting into his head, his father sure as hell is. If he wants to spend his last year elsewhere, have a nice life. How he can look at a head coach with JC's accomplishments who came back 4-5 days after back surgery and not see what this program is all about is beyond me. Simply put, we don't need him.

I have no doubt that JC will be back; and he has an excellent staff who, along with him, can recruit and develop talent. And, quite honestly, I think Andre Drummond will be back. I know there is big money out there. But a young man who refused to take a scholarship away from another player has a ton of character. And he can't be at all satisfied with what he did this year. I think he will want to leave UConn with a sense of real accomplishment; and he will stay to get that done.

GO HUSKIES!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I like AO, I appreciate what he's done and I hope he chooses to stay.

Having said that, he and his tweets and his disposition and his father have become a distraction we don't need.

Whatever he chooses, I wish him all the best

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I said in an earlier thread that imo Alex has zero future in the NBA. His game is extremely limited and he has shown no growth at all(with the possible exception of his attitude growing into a bad one). In fact, I think he would not be prime time material to play in Europe either. We have gotten really used to(as well we should) most players in this program being totally committed and loyal. I think Shabazz,Ryan,Roscoe,Tyler and,probably,DeAndre, along with Neils all fit into that category. And it looks like if it isn't Jamal getting into his head, his father sure as hell is. If he wants to spend his last year elsewhere, have a nice life. How he can look at a head coach with JC's accomplishments who came back 4-5 days after back surgery and not see what this program is all about is beyond me. Simply put, we don't need him.

I have no doubt that JC will be back; and he has an excellent staff who, along with him, can recruit and develop talent. And, quite honestly, I think Andre Drummond will be back. I know there is big money out there. But a young man who refused to take a scholarship away from another player has a ton of character. And he can't be at all satisfied with what he did this year. I think he will want to leave UConn with a sense of real accomplishment; and he will stay to get that done.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Ban/No Ban, I can envision AO wanting out due to playing time. Perhaps that's an indication that Drummond may be coming back?

H

huskymagic

Is this really a surprise? Alex was gonna leave for sure either to the NBA or to another program after Andre took his spot and the program facing a possible tourny ban next year. He's always had a tenuous relationship with Calhoun but he didnt mind it last year because he started and played 30 minutes a game not to mention that Kemba was to pick him up and will the team to a championship. No surprise here but sad nonetheless as he was one of my favorite guys on the team.

Reaction Score
Bye..... Kid acted like a prima-dona all season long and felt he was owed something. He should have let his play do the talking instead of cry and pout all year.

Reaction Score
Is this really a surprise? Alex was gonna leave for sure either to the NBA or to another program after Andre took his spot and the program facing a possible tourny ban next year. He's always had a tenuous relationship with Calhoun but he didnt mind it last year because he started and played 30 minutes a game not to mention that Kemba was to pick him up and will the team to a championship. No surprise here but sad nonetheless as he was one of my favorite guys on the team.

NBA??? You have to be kidding right?

Reaction Score
I hope he thinks it over and stays. The scholly won't matter much. Most recruits have committed already. And if we are banned for post season play that spot will be harder to fill.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

I hope your joking...... He was either going to the NBA or another program?!? Alex isnt sniffing the association, were we watching the same season?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I hope he thinks it over and stays. The scholly won't matter much. Most recruits have committed already. And if we are banned for post season play that spot will be harder to fill.

Did you forget Daniels and Drummond already? Most recruits had signed when they came aboard, if we get a schollie for AO, it would be his greatest contribution this season

Reaction Score
Not everyone can play for Calhoun. He's seems to be one of them. Hope he does well.

Reaction Score
i don't want to come across as a tool, but does AO really blame UConn/JC for his hideous play? He simply is not a great player- even last year; as many good games as he had, he'd have a few others that were carbon copy's of his game this year. No post play, bad defensively, turnover machine... I can understand him wanting to transfer, but his lack of playing time was all his doing.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The key for me is his attitude. If he can return next year with a positive attitude then I would like him back. If he comes back we the current attitude, we are much better off without him. Maybe then Bradley will finally get some playing time. I have to think Bradley would be so pumped to finally play that he would provide some needed energy.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
his lack of playing time was all his doing.
I tend to think his lack of playing time had a lot to do with the fact that we brought in one of the top recruits in the country to play his position. That recruit was determined to have a lot more upside because of his unique physical gifts, and therefore was given much more leeway and time to develop on the court. Not saying it was the wrong (or right) decision, but to say that his loss of minutes was all his own doing overlooks the biggest factor imo, which was not of his doing at all.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The two teams playing when we should have been tomorrow are probably tops among them.
I think he would want to stay close to home with only one year left, maybe UMASS or Providence? Maybe Hofstra? I don't see any way Kentucky would want him. He doesn't fit their style and Calipari can recruit freshman that are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom