Oriakhi Transfering? | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of not supposed to speculate about transfers, even if those rumors are out there.

Reaction Score
sorry to see him go if he does but i dont want anyone here who doesnt want to be. i guess he isnt uconn material.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Generally no, but if the kid puts it into print, kinda hard to ignore it.

Reaction Score
If Alex wants to be a martyr then he should go. If he wants to check his ego and start realizing that Calhoun is trying to get every ounce of potential out of him, then he should stay.

I also don't buy that this has much of anything to do with a possible post season ban.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
sorry to see him go if he does but i dont want anyone here who doesnt want to be. i guess he isnt uconn material.

If he wants to go then it is his right. He was an important piece to the 2011 championship team. Like you said, let him leave if he doesn't want to be here.

Reaction Score
I will always be thankful for Alex contributions and he seems like a great kid but I think it may be better for him and the team if he leaves, assuming Drummond stays.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Kind of not supposed to speculate about transfers, even if those rumors are out there.
If it's documented, it's fair game on the board. Speculation is a no no, but if a player has been quoted, how can you not talk about it?

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

He's the only upcoming senior on the squad, so I'm not too surprised (who would want to play their senior year with no chance of a tourney)

On the other hand, does it really matter? He provided nothing this year, was an absolute disappointment, if I don't have too see him fumble another ball, getting boxed out by someone who has no business pushing him around, or that patented throwing both hands up in the air crying for a foul when he should of went up strong it.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
It's his life. It's his college career. It's his future.

I will always wish the best for him, whatever he chooses.

But I confess that I simply do not understand his thinking.

1. He has only one year of eligibility left.
2. Should he transfer, he has to sit out one year.
3. He is likely not sized right or tough enough to target for the NBA, anyway.
4. So, Europe, here he comes!.
5. Wherever he might land, I would argue it will not be as favorable a "showcase" for his talent as UConn.

All that being said....it is awful tough to thrive when you are personally at war with your coach (If that is, indeed, the problem)

He either has to make peace with Calhoun, or he has to find the necessary peace within himself, if he is to stay.

Other than that, he definitely needs to shop around to find what peace he can, elsewhere.....

Reaction Score
Maybe he needs to go some place with less pressure that he can play without worrying about taken out. He has a great body but his defense needs a lot of improvement and he needs to work on post moves. Unfortunately i wouldnt be surprised if he was talk to Jamal Coombs-McDaniel every day who is probably filling his head with nonsense

Reaction Score
is this surprising? if uconn is indeed banned from next year's tourney, alex should 100% put himself in the best situation that will help showcase his talents. playing on a team that can play in the postseason helps him do just that. this is what anyone in his situation should consider.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
if he had the right attitude and didn't perform well id care but being soft by going at it with calhoun this year not excepting his role this year and after people noticing he said get the out of my face and the way he didn't lead by example attitude wise idc really...

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
is this surprising? if uconn is indeed banned from next year's tourney, alex should 100% put himself in the best situation that will help showcase his talents. playing on a team that can play in the postseason helps him do just that. this is what anyone in his situation should consider.
agreed, but for the sophs and fresh it makes no sense to transfer to sit out

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

2.should he transfer, he has to sit out one year.

No he can play right away, if he transfers due to his current team being banned from post season play

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

2.should he transfer, he has to sit out one year.
He won't have to sit out a year if the team is banned from the tournament. Same situation as D.J. Shoemate not having to sit out a year.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If Drummond plans to return, I think this is probably the right decision for Alex. Whatever he decides, I very much appreciate his contributions to our team--especially his great performance during last year's Final Four--and I wish him only the best.

This is only the first shoe to drop. Tough decisions for at least three others in uncertain times. I'll respect the tradition of this board and not discuss them until the players themselves do, but it will be very interesting, to put it mildly. I wish we could have a pool on this, because I think I've got pretty good guesses for the rest.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
OK...Sorry....He doesn't need to sit out....instead he has to find a single year fit....

In a perverse way, the year a transfer has to sit out is a net positive as you have a year to practice with the team, learn the system and find your best fit.

Even a JUCO transfer gives a team 2 years of service.

For Alex to market himself as a one and done....it certainly shortens the list of shoppers for his services.

But if his Dad wants him to leave....I see little hope for him to stay....

Reaction Score
For him to talk about this in public right after the loss is in poor taste. Dude needs to stop talking so much and start playing like a legit player. Coombs and his father don't know about basketball.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For Alex to market himself as a one and done....it certainly shortens the list of shoppers for his services.
The two teams playing when we should have been tomorrow are probably tops among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom