Oriakhi Transfering? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Transfering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
To everyone who is backing AO and is upset with criticism,

I don't understand why you feel the need to support someone you don't know or hasn't done anything for you. He is getting a free education you are paying for and he is required to give full effort in his "job" which is to play basketball. Just like if you get a scholarship for academics you make it your job to do well in school and if you don't meet certain expectations/requirements (such as a GPA) you lose your scholarship and the money that the University is giving you. Watch him in the Iowa State game and you tell me if was giving any effort (you can't argue this b/c Calhoun agrees with me which is why he was benched for the entire second half). Also, I don't care what any of you say because this is America and freedom of speech exists I can say whatever I want to say so long as it is not harmful to another. This is me merely saying AO needs to leave because he is a bum and doesn't deserve me paying for his education (remember indirectly we pay for his education as stated earlier). So either you don't go to UConn and don't care that we are paying for his education or you are some 45 year old loser who lives in your moms basement and wants everyone to be friends and play nice because no one paid any attention to you as you sat alone in middle school/high school eating your snack pack by yourself. Grow up and let me voice my opinion just because you sleep on your mom's couch and she won't allow you to say the phrase "shut up" doesn't mean the rest of the world is going on. The real world my friend, who probably has a part time minimum wage job, is a cruel vindictive place and if you are essentially getting something (i.e. a free education) you need to give back (i.e. at least give your full effort and make a 2 foot basket or go after a rebound).

This post tells me everything I need to know about you.

Reaction Score
Get a grip? Grow up, read a book. Somebody watched too much Salute Your Shorts.

Hey UofCT2009 I don't mean to sound personal but you are coming across as an angry shut in jerk,

H

huskymagic

I think a lot of the venom, much of it completely over the top, directed at certain players is because some fans don't want to even look towards the coaching staff in any regards for what went wrong this season. Many of the problems were also there in 2010 with different players. Even in the regular season last year. Is it all on the players?

you have a good point when you blame the coaching staff especially with Calhoun messing up by playing an abysmal DeAndre Daniels over Roscoe. This was the curse of the Scoe that led to this year's debacle. The players however have to also be held accountable as well. Some guys are right in here criticizing Oriakhi even though he is one of my guys he deserves the criticism along with other players. He has been very bad this year throughout and instead of working hard to get better he complains and whines that the coaches are not giving him minutes. He is a player like Jamal Coombs-McDaniel was or some others that think they are better than what they really are and they take their frustrations out on the refs, coaches, players,etc as if they are holding them back from their true potential. I already said early on that this will be Alex's final year with this program either to the NBA or to another team because he needs to be the go to guy and he wont be that at UCONN.

P.S. I dont care if everyone leaves, all I want on the team next year is Roscoe and Giffey and a bunch of nobodies who have things to prove.

H

huskymagic

Where do you get off? What right do you have calling out posters like myself that criticize players? Alex played like garbage all season. His attitude stunk and his performance was even worse. He has already expressed interest in transferring! I said it once and I'll say it again, if he had 1/2 of what Jeff Adrien had, our team probably would have been higher than a 9 seed.

He played well in stretches (important stretches) in 2011 and that is why he is so frustrating. How can he not build off of that? He took huge steps backwards. He was supposed to be a leader and he wasn't, he was supposed to be a force inside and he wasn't, he was supposed to be Alex in 2011 and he was Alex in 2010. And let me add this again, he already expressed interest in transferring!!

To me that is disgraceful! He can take his 2 points and 3 rebounds and get off of this UConn team.

i agree with you man just because everyone else is hating on you. In all seriousness though your attitude is more than justified because Alex plays like a dud even though he has the physical attributes to be a really good player but unfortunately hasnt performed. Unfortunately, he like some other guys on the team think they are better than what they really are and therefore he is best suited to go somewhere he can be the center of attention and where the coach "wont hold him back" in Alex's thinking.

Honestly, i dont care if everyone leaves all I want to see is my main guy Roscoe and Giffey and Boat along with a bunch of nobodies who have a lot to prove and I will be more than satisfied.

Reaction Score
UofCt2009 please go away...... In my dreams Alex O tracks you down and bitch slaps you as you are peeing your pants!!!

You dream about Alex Oriakhi? And seriously, I don't get why everyone is overreacting. You guys are getting so upset over these stupid posts I make.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Purely a gut feeling here but I think we will have one of Drummond/Oriakhi back next season but not both. If AD stays, AO will transfer. If AD goes pro, AO, knowing the center position is his for 30 minutes a game without a second big clogging the middle, will stay.

H

huskymagic

UofCt2009 please go away...... In my dreams Alex O tracks you down and bitch slaps you as you are peeing your pants!!!

DrewDog85 or more precisely DeAndreDog85 this is a forum where all UCONN fans can express their feelings whether good or bad on the team they root for. Dont take all posts too seriously as everyone is entitled to an opinion and UofCt2009 has a right to be frustrated or angry at certain players like oriakhi in this case.

Sincerely,

Entitled fan

Reaction Score
Some nutsacks in this thread can't tell the difference between criticizing a player and downright trashing them. Others are just flat out dumb. To say "you don't care" if anybody other than Roscoe or Giffey come back defies stupid. Shabazz, Lamb, and Oriakhi among others were key contributors on a national championship team. Does anything else really need to be said? Everybody on this team had a bad season, but their still good kids, excellent players, and probably hungry to redeem themselves next season.

It's f'in laughable that you tools have such short patience for kids who have proven to be champions. You're all jackasses and I hope you transfer your stupidity to another message board.

Reaction Score
Some nutsacks in this thread can't tell the difference between criticizing a player and downright trashing them. Others are just flat out dumb. To say "you don't care" if anybody other than Roscoe or Giffey come back defies stupid. Shabazz, Lamb, and Oriakhi among others were key contributors on a national championship team. Does anything else really need to be said? Everybody on this team had a bad season, but their still good kids, excellent players, and probably hungry to redeem themselves next season.

It's f'in laughable that you tools have such short patience for kids who have proven to be champions. You're all jackasses and I hope you transfer your stupidity to another message board.

Not sure where you are going with this and yes, mostly everyone on the team did have a bad season. But there's only one talking of transferring and that would be the discussion on this thread and one worthy of the thread. Why else have this board?

As far as people being "rude" there is a difference and those should think before they speak. But if someone is noticably upset about the fact someone wants out then the Boneyard is the place to talk about his choices....lol

H

huskymagic

Well like I said I dont care if everyone leaves except Roscoe, Giffey, and Boat, and a bunch of nobodies with a lot to prove because I know this team will fight and play UCONN basketball.

P.S. Roscoe Big East Player of the Year next year and undisputed captain of next year's team.

Reaction Score

If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.. What is the point of having a forum if it's just one big love fest. You're not more of a fan than anyone else because you refuse to criticize or trash a players performance. If it really bothers you maybe you should focus all your attention on 3rd grade biddy ball where everyone gets a trophy at the end of the season. I am sure your local Parks and Rec has an opening for a team mom.

Furthermore, stop living in the past. Of course I appreciate what Alex did last season, it was amazing. However, this season his performance is worth criticizing. So what if I trashed him? I think you using the word "retard" is worse than anything I said. Why don't you volunteer your precious time helping out with special needs children before you throw around the word "retard".

Reaction Score
Alex is going nowhere unless we lose the APR thing and then frankly does it matter? We lose the APR and he sits out a year so he can play at what UMASS? So right now we are not likely to get the exemption for APR so then he is probably gone.

Reaction Score
Alex is going nowhere unless we lose the APR thing and then frankly does it matter? We lose the APR and he sits out a year so he can play at what UMASS? So right now we are not likely to get the exemption for APR so then he is probably gone.

This is what I've been saying as well. People are saying that the Lamb/Drummond/Oriakhi decisions have a major impact on the future of this program. None of those guys were going to be around in 2014 regardless of what happens next year. Those decisions impact next year, nothing further.

Reaction Score
DrewDog85 or more precisely DeAndreDog85 this is a forum where all UCONN fans can express their feelings whether good or bad on the team they root for. Dont take all posts too seriously as everyone is entitled to an opinion and UofCt2009 has a right to be frustrated or angry at certain players like oriakhi in this case.

Sincerely,

Entitled fan[/quote

Thanks for the advice.. up until now I never knew this was a "forum where all UCONN fans can express their feelings"

You sir are brilliant !

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Just for you Hans,

Thanks for this which made me smile and, better still, reminded me to go back several pages for the Louis CK link which made me laugh and made me grateful that NSFW doesn't apply for the self-employed. A 3-fer.

To bring the theme of another thread into this one, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciated the hustle of Cincinnati last night and wished to have seen something similar more regularly from this year's UConn team, irrespective of whether the coaches or players are ultimately appropriate for criticism for this not having been the case.

Reaction Score
Well like I said I dont care if everyone leaves except Roscoe, Giffey, and Boat, and a bunch of nobodies with a lot to prove because I know this team will fight and play UCONN basketball.

P.S. Roscoe Big East Player of the Year next year and undisputed captain of next year's team.

Big East Player of the Year? For real?

Reaction Score
I can't believe AO. These type of kids really irritate me. He's complaining about playing time, yet he's done nothing to warrant extra time. He's killing this team. He's got a body frame like Thomas Robinson from KU, yet plays like he's 5'10 150 pounds. I've never seen anyone in my life miss as many close in layups as he does. Now it seems he doesn't want to box out, rebound or play D. I'd be pissed too if I was JC. Calhoun knows how important AO can be to this team and he wants him to get better. Instead he's getting worse. He either isn't putting in enough time in practice, doesn't care or flat out isn't very talented. I lean on the doesn't care side. I wish him nothing but the best if he leaves, but he really irritated me with his play this year.

Reaction Score
I'm sure Calhoun had a part in it, he isn't the easiest coach to play for at all. Of course AO didn't play much better with George at the helm either.
no matter the issues you have with a coach, when you go out there, you can work hard, grab rebounds, make layups and dunks..... he did those 3 things very rarely this season, so you can't blame JC for yelling at him when he can't do those simple things...

you could make the case that JC is an extremely easy coach to play for- just work your ass off and make good decisions, and he'll give you leeway.... :eek:

caw

Reaction Score
no matter the issues you have with a coach, when you go out there, you can work hard, grab rebounds, make layups and dunks..... he did those 3 things very rarely this season, so you can't blame JC for yelling at him when he can't do those simple things...

you could make the case that JC is an extremely easy coach to play for- just work your ass off and make good decisions, and he'll give you leeway.... :eek:

Yes, but with Alex's personality, JC probably didn't help the situation. Alex seems like the kind not to respond well to the type of coaching JC does. Wilt rather than fight it and prove coach wrong.

Reaction Score
Yes, but with Alex's personality, JC probably didn't help the situation. Alex seems like the kind not to respond well to the type of coaching JC does. Wilt rather than fight it and prove coach wrong.
oh I'm sure he didn't... but when you watch some of the games Alex had in 2010-2011, how can you not push him and expect more out of him... but, in the end, you're right in that dealing with adolescents is a tricky business.... coaching in HS def gives me a lot of insight into how some of these guys look at things, and it's amazing how many talented players either don't realize how good they are/can be or just don't care...

I think it's hard/frustrating for a lot of us as fans to watch all the potential some of these guys have and not be disappointed/bitter because none of us were ever as athletically gifted as a boatright or genetically gifted as an Alex... we tend to want things for others and project our own dreams onto the players.... and what makes that worse is a year like last year when we finished in story-book fashion with all of our dreams coming true...

Reaction Score
I wish Alex was the type to respond to JC's style but he obviously is not. I wish he wasn't listening to those prodding him who think they know what's best for him but he is. If he is not all-in, good luck to him. Alex will do what he thinks is best for him. We may not agree but that's the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom