"One hit wonders" that actually have other very good songs/other hits. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

"One hit wonders" that actually have other very good songs/other hits.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
"Airplay" is a broad term. With the Smithereens, only "a girl like you" made the pop top 40 and just barely at #38. If you're going to list those other 3 songs which made the modern rock and mainstream rock charts, then you also should include: house we used to live in, blues before and after, yesterday girl and top of the pops.
"Too Much Passion", a song I've never heard of, hit #37 on the US Hot 100. I double checked the billboard site.
You're right, I missed a few songs that were pretty good.

Reaction Score
Big Head Todd has always been criminally underrated. I'll never understand how Todd Park Mohr was never more famous, he has everything you should want in a frontman. Sister Sweetly is still one of my favorite albums.
Oh man.... I remember the first time i heard "Bittersweet" on the radio (1993?)...I had to sit in my car until the song ended just to find out who sang that amazing song....

Reaction Score
Wendy o Willimas update:

"On 6 April 1998, Williams committed suicide near her home in Storrs, Connecticut by gunshot. She had attempted to kill herself twice in the years leading up to her death; allegedly she had also been struggling with deep depression."

Who knew?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh man.... I remember the first time i heard "Bittersweet" on the radio (1993?)...I had to sit in my car until the song ended just to find out who sang that amazing song....

When my son was a little tot and needed to be entertained in his car seat, Big Head Todd's cover of Boom, Boom, Boom was the go to song to calm him down.

Reaction Score

great band before the cops theme , rip jacob miller

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom