Olympics Basketball | Page 23 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
And now the refs are taking over and trying to hand this game to France. Ridiculous officiating in the 4th.
Exactly why Currys 3s we’re so clutch yesterday this is something the US is just gonna have to overcome.

Reaction Score
HUGE BAILOUT CALL FOR THE US

Out on Aja, called US ball, and Aja hits a midrange off the top of the backboard to go up 3!

Reaction Score
Oof. US up 3 with 2 minutes left and take a quick shot. Get the offensive board and take another quick 3. Could have burned an extra 20 seconds, and Gabby Williams hits a jumper in Stewie’s face

1 point game!

Reaction Score
This has been an all-out rock fight. Collier has been doing yeoman's work: 7 pts, 11 rbs (five offensive) while Wilson has been carrying the team (20 pts, 12 rebounds, 6-14 FGs while the rest of the team is shooting under 30%).

Gabby Williams w/ 14 pts, 7 rbs, 3 ast, 3 stls has been amazing. She was probably my favorite player when she was at UConn and she's playing the same style game tonight.

What a game! Stewie needs to step up!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Need to move the ball here especially with Gabby Williams pressure and the officials won’t call a foul.

Reaction Score
BREANNA STEWART GAME SAVING BLOCK!

Aja hits 1 at the line ( :( ), up 4 with 17 seconds left

Reaction Score
GABBY WILLIAMS AT THE BUZZER AND WE GO TO OT!!!!

But……foot on the line.
US WINS BY 1!!!!!!! GOLD

Reaction Score
France probably should have put the ball in Gabby's hands in the 4th sooner

Reaction Score
First half not a ringing endorsement for women's BB. Both teams shooting under 28%. US already has more TOs in a half than Geno's teams do in a full 40. Neither Stewie nor Wilson can finish.

Never been much of a Griner fan, but I think US can use a bit more of her in 2nd.

I think US will win, but geez, this is icky hoops.
Way too physical for a non-contact sport.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What gets to me today is that Gabby and Collier are two of the best players in the world but when they were at UConn an inferior player got all the attention.

Reaction Score
What gets to me today is that Gabby and Collier are two of the best players in the world but when they were at UConn an inferior player got all the attention.
KLS?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yeah. Of course, KLS averaged 17/4.5/3.5 on 49/42/85 shooting splits for her career, so it'd pretty easy to understand why she got so much pub.
She compiled big numbers against the JV teams while the other 2 did the dirty work. Gabby Williams made more big shots in the last 10 seconds of today's game than KLS did in 4 years at UConn.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Watched the game yesterday, wow Curry really is the 3 ball master. That last one was like a pure circus ball but somehow I knew it was dropping.

Reaction Score
They better develop some guards and wings by then, if not I don't see them being a serious threat, they won't have homecooking to get them out of pool play like they did this year
Exactly, KD, Lebron and Curry aren't gonna be around to lift team USA forever. Dont be suprised if France hires Luke Murray on their staff especially if Hurley is the next Olympics coach.

Reaction Score
Exactly, KD, Lebron and Curry aren't gonna be around to lift team USA forever. Dont be suprised if France hires Luke Murray on their staff especially if Hurley is the next Olympics coach.
Lol I'm talking about France, not the USA, their guards and wings are subpar. We're fine.

Reaction Score
Lol I'm talking about France, not the USA, their guards and wings are subpar. We're fine.
Nolan Traore and Pacome Dadiet are anything but subpar, France has guys coming and Wembayana was in tears KD had his heart to heart convo with Wemby. I’m sorry their the favorites in my opinion as of now of course.

US will be good but how good the US has a lot of work to do.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
They better develop some guards and wings by then, if not I don't see them being a serious threat, they won't have homecooking to get them out of pool play like they did this year
They have a pretty young group coming up it looks like. I wonder if Killean Hayes and Theo Maledon will be better for the next Olympics.

They have another PG mocked in the top 5 for next year.

Feel like Canada with Zach Edey can be some real threats too.

Very high chance that we won’t have the best player in the world, let alone 3, like we did this past year in the future.

Reaction Score
I give France the edge in the next Olympics as of now with a 24 year old Wembayana. Hurley has a lot of work to do to beat them. I doubt we'll have a 44 year old Lebron, a 40 year old Curry and a 39 year old KD.
Especially when the only requirement to be on the French Team is an ability to speak French. Thats 1/2 of the African Countties
The US stare are not going to be around
much longer . Maybe guys like Clingen and Castle are will be ready . . They need to start getting serious about FIBA worlds so we have a nuclear of a national team familiar with that game . Coach K suggested the NCAA adopt FiBA rules . Experience levels the playing field as our overwhelming talent adbantage is going away .

Reaction Score
Nolan Traore and Pacome Dadiet are anything but subpar, France has guys coming and Wembayana was in tears KD had his heart to heart convo with Wemby. I’m sorry their the favorites in my opinion as of now of course.

US will be good but how good the US has a lot of work to do.
You named two prospects that haven't proven anything at the world senior level. I'm old enough to remember Killian Hayes and Frank Ntilikina being the ones to carry the torch after Tony Parker and being the next evolution of French guards, both were NBA busts and Hayes wasn't even good enough to make the French national team and Frank Ntilikina was a bench scrub for them. Traore could have been on their team like Rubio was as a teenager but wasn't, I'm not giving those guys the benefit of the doubt when France has produced a number of highly regarded busts over the years.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyAlum

Top Bottom