Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think that Miller is worth millions so it is the old blood from a stone thing. Assistant coach salary at Div. 3 St. Joe's is likely not 6 figures.
UConn needs to negotiate in good faith with Ollie and make this go away.

UConn needs to keep telling Ollie to pound sand.

C

Chief00

The biggest problem that I can see here for Ollie is that he’s claiming that Glen Miller lied to the NCAA.

Any coach with half a brain is smart enough to know that you don’t lie to the NCAA.

Also, Kevin Ollie lied to the NCAA.

These two dudes were our brain trust after George left - explains a lot.

C

Chief00

Good post. So why is everyone here so shocked that Ollie is using "...any and every legal argument to advance your cause".
The Any and Every legal argument path is basically a circular firing squad of one. Pretty amazing accomplishment.

Reaction Score
From Some Guy's article: "Miller also allegedly called Ollie an “ inhaler” (we cleaned that up)." Can someone tell me what that ("inhaler") is supposed to mean?

Reaction Score
Like a heart attack. Am I wrong?

(Because one of us is.)

Agents regularly represent these kids without contracts.

Remember the Jay Williams fiasco?

Reaction Score
Do you think a disgruntled GM has anything to do with players leaving? Please don’t judge me, just a question
still waiting for you to point out when he outcoached all these great coaching minds with minimal talent.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
From Some Guy's article: "Miller also allegedly called Ollie an “ inhaler” (we cleaned that up)." Can someone tell me what that ("inhaler") is supposed to mean?
Smokes weed? References Bill Clinton's admission to being around it in college, but never inhaled, so he was never affected.

On this accusation, I would not be remotely surprised if it were true. The NBA and NFL are loaded with players who partake in the "purple sticky punch (another reference you may not get, depending on age and comedy tastes)."

Reaction Score
Question for the legal folks here. do You suspect this is a contingent fee case or is Ollie paying his attorneys? If it’s contingent the attorneys might be more desperate than Ollie with all the time they’ve spent on this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agents regularly represent these kids without contracts.

Remember the Jay Williams fiasco?
Upstater do you realize that you've been all over the place on this?

You said that Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles. You now admit that never happened.
You said that Nochimson was Miles agent. You admit that Miles never signed with him.
You claim that this incident of a former team manager who imagined himself to be an agent but had no clients is worse than Ollie illegally paying, for illegal travel, illegal room and illegal board so that players could attend illegal coaching sessions held by an illegal coach, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kevin Ollie will be the first UConn coach to get a only show cause penalty, ever. Can you reconcile that? Apparently, the NCAA views things differently.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Upstater do you realize that you've been all over the place on this?

You said that Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles. You now admit that never happened.
You said that Nochimson was Miles agent. You admit that Miles never signed with him.
You claim that this incident of a former team manager who imagined himself to be an agent but had no clients is worse than Ollie illegally paying, for illegal travel, illegal room and illegal board so that players could attend illegal coaching sessions held by an illegal coach, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Kevin Ollie will be the first UConn coach to get a only show cause penalty, ever. Can you reconcile that? Apparently, the NCAA views things differently.

You make things up every time. I really got a laugh out of this. I have no idea where you got that I admitted Moore didn't tell that to Nochimson. I mean, anyone reading this thread can see my posts say the exact opposite, and I've also provided the direct Moore quotes. It's really crazy of you.

Everyone knows that these kids have agents that represent them, whether they sign a contract or not. Well known. There are hundreds if not thousands of articles on the matter. Jay Williams used to hand bags of money over to high school kids who would take it so he could represent them. Well known.

I mean, you're creating strawmen here. "Did he sign a contract?" (a contract that would be proof and that would be illegal!!?) That's nuts. why would they do that. They wouldn't be handing bags of money over if there was a contract. They'd send the kid a check. Do you realize how nutty you sound?

CL82

Reaction Score
You make things up every time. I really got a laugh out of this. I have no idea where you got that I admitted Moore didn't tell that to Nochimson. I mean, anyone reading this thread can see my posts say the exact opposite, and I've also provided the direct Moore quotes. It's really crazy of you.

Everyone knows that these kids have agents that represent them, whether they sign a contract or not. Well known. There are hundreds if not thousands of articles on the matter. Jay Williams used to hand bags of money over to high school kids who would take it so he could represent them. Well known.

I mean, you're creating strawmen here. "Did he sign a contract?" (a contract that would be proof and that would be illegal!!?) That's nuts. why would they do that. They wouldn't be handing bags of money over if there was a contract. They'd send the kid a check. Do you realize how nutty you sound?
Lol - Pro tip: "Everyone knows" is a tell when people can't back up what they are saying.

So, let me ask again, any idea why the NCAA thinks the Ollie matter is grounds for a show cause matter but the Miles matter was not?

Reaction Score
Lol - Pro tip: "Everyone knows" is a tell when people can't back up what they are saying.

So, let me ask again, any idea why the NCAA thinks the Ollie matter is grounds for a show cause matter but the Miles matter was not?

You don't know that agents represent these kids??? Really?

Here's Jay Williams admitting that he used t give high schoolers money to represent them:
""There were a lot of dealings that were being made that people didn't know about. There was a lot of money being exchanged. I know for a fact — there was a reported story from Yahoo! Sports back in 2009 — I know that we gave an AAU coach for a guy named Kevin Love who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers. We gave him over $250,000. Now, at the time, we were also giving other players money because you were allowed to give players money through their AAU programs."

But it went beyond this with Williams. It wasn't only money that went from the rep to the player, but he showed up with tens of thousands in a paper bag to hand directly to Love.

As for violations of the past, UConn was dinged hard for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance!! For crying out loud. Moore was asked outright if he knew what he was doing was illegal, and he responded, "Probably!" Here it is, multiple scholarship reductions, 3 years probation, banning from the NCAA tournament:

"But the NCAA did make clear the severity with which it viewed UConn's violations, which centered primarily on former manager-turned-agent Josh Nochimson and player Nate Miles, who enrolled at the university but was expelled in October 2008 before playing a game.

Thomas said there were "extraordinary steps taken by the university to recruit a top prospective student-athlete to its men's basketball program. The director of athletics [Jeff Hathaway] stated it was the most intense he'd ever seen [Calhoun] about the recruitment of a prospect. In his zeal to get the prospect admitted to the university, the head coach allowed a booster, who was a certified agent, served as the manager of the men's basketball team during his enrollment at UConn, to be involved in the recruitment process."

Hell, even the self-administered UConn sanctions prior to the NCAA's punishment were a lot more stiff than the one-year one scholarship reduction that UConn imposed this year because of Ollie!!!

CL82

Reaction Score

Glen's first answer was the correct one.

Reaction Score
No, she isn't. But as I asked before, what exactly is she seeking relief for? Ollie is claiming that Miller's statements cost him his job. What damages did she allegedly suffer?

So, me saying you took money in a scheme to perpetrate a fraud on the NCAA in cahoots with Ollie is ok, no harm to your reputation; and even if there is harm to your reputation you're a nobody so what does it matter.
If you say you didn't get the money, seems like you would have filed an IRS document that was consistent with that; hmmmm, so you are saying I filed an intentionally fraudulent tax return?

I'd say damage to her reputation is HUGE, if it gets to trial and she proves her case by a preponderance of the evidence (just more than 50%). Seems like it would be a big deal to have some yokel from the NCAA at my door askin' "Hear you took some money from Ollie to have your son go to UConn, we would like you to talk to us about this".

CL82

Reaction Score
So, me saying you took money in a scheme to perpetrate a fraud on the NCAA in cahoots with Ollie is ok, no harm to your reputation; and even if there is harm to your reputation you're a nobody so what does it matter.
If you say you didn't get the money, seems like you would have filed an IRS document that was consistent with that; hmmmm, so you are saying I filed an intentionally fraudulent tax return?

I'd say damage to her reputation is HUGE, if it gets to trial and she proves her case by a preponderance of the evidence (just more than 50%). Seems like it would be a big deal to have some yokel from the NCAA at my door askin' "Hear you took some money from Ollie to have your son go to UConn, we would like you to talk to us about this".
So what do you think the dollar value is on those damages?

(Love the avatar by the way.)

CL82

Reaction Score
You don't know that agents represent these kids??? Really?

Here's Jay Williams admitting that he used t give high schoolers money to represent them:

But it went beyond this with Williams. It wasn't only money that went from the rep to the player, but he showed up with tens of thousands in a paper bag to hand directly to Love.

As for violations of the past, UConn was dinged hard for failing to promote an atmosphere of compliance!! For crying out loud. Moore was asked outright if he knew what he was doing was illegal, and he responded, "Probably!" Here it is, multiple scholarship reductions, 3 years probation, banning from the NCAA tournament:

Hell, even the self-administered UConn sanctions prior to the NCAA's punishment were a lot more stiff than the one-year one scholarship reduction that UConn imposed this year because of Ollie!!!
Your reading comprehension is incredibly bad, or you are deliberately reaching. I hope it is the latter since you are supposedly an educated man.

Still waiting....

CL82

Reaction Score
I think that would be up to those guys to after Miller
Not so much they are allegations about Ollie's conduct.

I have a timely question. Did Shonn agree to come to UConn prior to this alleged event? If so, Ollie could that GM allegation is false because the cash given wasn't an inducement to join UConn.

Reaction Score
Smokes weed? References Bill Clinton's admission to being around it in college, but never inhaled, so he was never affected.

On this accusation, I would not be remotely surprised if it were true. The NBA and NFL are loaded with players who partake in the "purple sticky punch (another reference you may not get, depending on age and comedy tastes)."
Performs a physical act on a male.

Reaction Score
Better qualified like Shaka Smart? Who you wanted? Who would not have come close to a NC in 2014? Dude, you never even posted during that championship and you showed up here a full 6 months later.
Dude
Look where the program ended up and where I said it would end up if Ollie was given the job for which he was utterly unqualified. You have no idea what would have occurred in the championship year had someone else been named nor do I. I admit that I liked Shaka who I think would have been a better fit at UConn than he was at Texas. Good enough to win it all? We’ll never know. In any case after Calhoun’s recruits left Ollie drove everything over a cliff. Or, Dude, do you think Ollie’s coach on the floor experience that you loved made him a great coach you predicted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom