Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep. The idea that Miller could come remotely close to paying off a 6 or 7 figure judgment is LOL hilarious. Ollie has been pretty dumb throughout this entire saga, but I think even he must know this fact. It's not about the money. Ollie is just trying to intimidate and silence Miller. I'd be surprised if Miller isn't at least borderline judgment proof.

Sometimes if you’re in a position of greater means, you sue just to bleed the other party dry. KO can’t win, but he can cost GM a lot of money. For a petty & spiteful person (prob a far statement to say this is something KO has shown he is) bleeding GM dry may be all he wants.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Question: If Ollie is so hot to go after Miller on the $30,000 testimony, why isn’t he also trying to sue him also on all the other things Miller said about the Ray Allen/Rudy Gay FaceTime calls, Boo Willingham, Danny Griffin and Derek Hamilton? The NCAA said Ollie provided false or misleading information about arranging impermissible phone calls for a recruit (Hamidou Diallo), and about arranging impermissible workouts in Atlanta for players with Ollie’s friend Hamilton.

Why? Maybe because they’re true. By the way, all those other things help UConn in its case against Ollie.<<

All those things are the case against Ollie. UConn didn't rely on Miller's $30,000 payment testimony to the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Lol, you just said Moore introduced Miles to Nochimson and now you are saying that Moore contact Nochimson to talk about Miles. LOL.

Nochimson was never Miles agent.

What is the contradiction there?

I don't see how there's a contradiction at all.

And yes he was his agent.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller is a IVY league graduate with a masters degree from UCONN. He wants a future career in the corporate or sports management world. The rumors of him/ his mom took money from KO could hinder his career. It makes sense to defend his reputation against a bitter liar
Perhaps, but ... enough sense to likely enable a subpoena of one's own or his mother's financial records, potentially including tax returns?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Sometimes if you’re in a position of greater means, you sue just to bleed the other party dry. KO can’t win, but he can cost GM a lot of money. For a petty & spiteful person (prob a far statement to say this is something KO has shown he is) bleeding GM dry may be all he wants.

True, but IMHO, this lawsuit will come to a relatively quick conclusion. The defense will likely file a motion for summary judgment. If all Miller said was his wife's hearsay, without making any affirmative statement
that he knows it's true, then Miller would likely prevail on a SJ motion, and the trial court case is over. Of course, then Ollie can keep appealing the lower court decision. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
We all love UConn but if I’m a player that can live in Texas, Arizona, Florida, California or any other state we have to recruit against, I’m going there elsewhere. We all love ice cream and the dairy barn but have you been to Some of the other campuses? Uconn was the 2nd choice for a lot of 5 star recruits that ended up at Kentucky, Arizona, Duke etc. which is a testament to how many players on the circuit loved Ollie and what he stood for. We have to be real about this, the lure of UConn isn’t the same. There has to be a niche for recruiting great mid major talent moving forward. I’m sure Ollie cared about his job and did everything he could to work at his craft and put the time in daily. The breakup of Big East killed the run for recruits. He out coached a lot of great coaches with minimal talent. Let’s be sensible about this.
how did Hurley get two 4* and one 5* recruit for his first recruiting season, then?

Reaction Score
First, it’s libel if in writing. Slander is not easy to prove. Ollie is a public figure which means there is wide latitude given. You need to show not only a knowing untruth but one intended to show a specific intent to cause harm.

Exactly. Weak case from what we can see. Ollie is a public figure. Ollie and his lawyers continue to exhibit incredible ineptitude in my opinion. They have systematically alienated the court of public opinion, which would have been the best avenue to compel a favorable outcome.

Slander is libelous

Reaction Score
Shon Miller=30k, if that is the new metrics, Zion must be worth 7 figures.

C

Chief00

One of Kevin Ollie’s weaknesses is that he’s not very bright.

He seems bent on proving it with this case against Miller.
As you all know, Chief isn’t a fan of GM. Having said that if you are going to make a big case about it, you don’t hire some attorney from New London to take you to the promise land. No offense to anyone from New London but you just don’t do it - you go uptown. KO, what are you thinking?

Reaction Score
I don't think any legit CT lawyer with Cred. would touch this if there was no merit in the case. Of course, not talking about your average ambulance chaser here.

Reaction Score
Representing the high profile client is challenging. I think KO's counsel have done him a disservice by running their standard scorched earth campaign.
I'd like this 1000 times if I could. It's getting ridiculous and Ollie's lawyers sound more dumb every time they speak to the media or release statements.

Reaction Score
As you all know, Chief isn’t a fan of GM. Having said that if you are going to make a big case about it, you don’t hire some attorney from New London to take you to the promise land. No offense to anyone from New London but you just don’t do it - you go uptown. KO, what are you thinking?
Well, it takes 2 to tango. So, GM reciprocated on the defense by hiring Whaling City-based Drzislav (Dado) Coric

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

It is possible that he shopped around for an attorney dumb enough to take this hot mess on a contingency fee basis. Having gotten sucked into the representation by a bunch of Ollie's lies, they're now scrambling to play catch up. They really have distinguished themselves by doing some legal stuff which makes the characters in the movie "Dumb and Dumber" look like rocket scientists.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The biggest problem that I can see here for Ollie is that he’s claiming that Glen Miller lied to the NCAA.

Any coach with half a brain is smart enough to know that you don’t lie to the NCAA.

Also, Kevin Ollie lied to the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Could be a win-win. Ollie gets his millions from Miller. Then he drops his case against UConn and two sides make up and UConn brings KO back into the alumni family.

No, I don't think this would happen, but it would be cool!
I don't think that Miller is worth millions so it is the old blood from a stone thing. Assistant coach salary at Div. 3 St. Joe's is likely not 6 figures.
UConn needs to negotiate in good faith with Ollie and make this go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom