Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holy cow--have you even read this thread?
We have a lot of strange posters but there isn't a single poster who is wondering why Ollie was fired and why he isn't getting paid.
[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying, they fired him because he sucked, but they also didn't pay him because they had cause?

If that's what you're saying, I agree. But we're talking legalities in this thread. It's pretty tricky to say, "we're not paying you for cause," when you're really not paying him for performance.

Reaction Score
View attachment 42762

Editing your post to remove the surgery reference? Really? Sad.

Why does that make any difference?
And I edited it immediately because I didn't know if the letter got sent before the surgery.
Look at the time stamp of my edit. Before Your post.

And, secondly, what does it even matter?

I never claimed UConn went along with Nochimson paying money for him.

I said UConn reported it as soon as they knew Nochimson paid money for him.

I do not remember in fact WHY UConn decided to write that letter to the NCAA. It may have been the surgery, or maybe not.

But regardless, it doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
This never happened. If you think this "major penalty" occurred, perhaps you could tell me what the sanction that Moore received for it?

Stop digging, Upstater, the hole you are in is deep enough.

Moore says it happened.

On the morning of Nov. 11, 2006, Moore and Nochimson attended the Chicago Prep Classic at the J-G Center in Deerfield, Ill. The stands were filled with the usual array of spectators at national high school tournaments – college coaches, agents and runners all blending together.

"Josh's job was to see who the up-and-coming high school talent was in the country," Moore said. "That was part of the reason he was there."

Moore had his eyes on Miles, who had left behind his family and two former high schools in Toledo for a fresh start at Cornerstone Christian of San Antonio.

At the J-G Center, the young agent was working to increase his talent base. Moore was there recruiting Miles.

"I told Josh who Nate was, and that Sean Patterson was probably back in Toledo, and that Jerry [Easter] was his uncle and probably was one of the key people in his recruitment," Moore said.

By that evening, Miles said he had met Nochimson. That interaction was the first of what appear to be numerous NCAA violations.

As an alumnus and former part of the men's basketball program, Nochimson is defined by the NCAA as a representative of UConn's "athletic interests." As such, NCAA rules say he could "not be involved in the recruiting process" and could "not make any contact, including telephone calls and letters, to a prospect or the prospect's family, on or off campus."

The fact that Moore knew Nochimson and Miles were talking was a violation. When asked if he had lost sight of the fact that Nochimson wasn't just an NBA agent, but a representative of athletic interests, Moore said: "Probably. I looked at him as a young professional working as an agent, doing what he does in his career."[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, this board has reached the height of hypocrisy this week. We have people (maybe rightly) bagging on Chillious for not even meriting some bag money, and then when the news is reported that one of the current coaches seems to have the same status (having conversations with sneaker guys) the hypocrisy is ignored.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why does that make any difference?
And I edited it immediately because I didn't know if the letter got sent before the surgery.
Look at the time stamp of my edit. Before Your post.

And, secondly, what does it even matter?

I do not remember in fact WHY UConn decided to write that letter to the NCAA. It may have been the surgery, or maybe not.

But regardless, it doesn't matter.
Lol @ accusing me of misquoting you edited the surgery out of the text.

But I can work with the latest evolution of your opinion.

So your latest position is that UConn discovered a third party violating NCAA rules, notified the recruit to stay away from him and reported it the NCAA.

How exactly is that worse than a UConn coach making illegal payments for illegal travel, illegal lodging, and illegal meals for players to attend a illegal training session with an illegal coach?

Reaction Score
We have a lot of strange posters but there isn't a single poster who is wondering why Ollie was fired and why he isn't getting paid.

So, you're saying, they fired him because he sucked, but they also didn't pay him because they had cause?

If that's what you're saying, I agree. But we're talking legalities in this thread. It's pretty tricky to say, "we're not paying you for cause," when you're really not paying him for performance.
[/QUOTE]
No it's not, they fired him for cause because his contract allowed them to do that.
He wasn't performing any of the duties of his job other than showing up, he ran the program into the ground, and he broke the conditions of his contract. Since you brought up K, Self, Roy, Calhoun etc. I don't know the conditions of their contracts but I do know as does everyone else that they were never fired for cause because they won and didn't destroy their programs.

Don't know why you're playing dumb here.

CL82

Reaction Score
CL82
Lol, you brought Miles up as your basis for why UConn (and Jim Calhoun) had done worse that Ollie's payments for illegal travel, illegal lodging, and illegal meals for players to attend a illegal training session with an illegal coach.

I get that you wish you hadn't at this point though.

Reaction Score
Lol @ accusing me of misquoting you edited the surgery out of the text.

But I can work with the latest evolution of your opinion.

So your latest position is that UConn discovered a third party violating NCAA rules, notified the recruit to stay away from him and reported it the NCAA.

How exactly is that worse than a UConn coach making illegal payments for illegal travel, illegal lodging, and illegal meals for players to attend a illegal training session with an illegal coach?

Why did you not even mention the major violation? They put the third party in touch with the recruit, in order to recruit him, and kept in close touch with the third party as they were recruiting him?

Reaction Score
Lol, you brought Miles up as your basis for why UConn (and Jim Calhoun) had done worse that Ollie's payments for illegal travel, illegal lodging, and illegal meals for players to attend a illegal training session with an illegal coach.

I get that you wish you hadn't at this point though.

I proved you wrong.

You said Moore never said what I said he did.

I gave the link and the relevant quotes.

I haven't mentioned Miles in years on this board, and I never really bagged on Moore for any of it, or Calhoun. I defended them.

Just like I'm not bagging on Ollie for sending his players to training.

All I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy here. You're the one that insisted multiple times that I mention what was ever done in the past. You wanted it, you got it. I never would have mentioned it otherwise.

Reaction Score

No it's not, they fired him for cause because his contract allowed them to do that.
He wasn't performing any of the duties of his job other than showing up, he ran the program into the ground, and he broke the conditions of his contract. Since you brought up K, Self, Roy, Calhoun etc. I don't know the conditions of their contracts but I do know as does everyone else that they were never fired for cause because they won and didn't destroy their programs.

Don't know why you're playing dumb here.
[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?

I agree with you.

If that's dumb, you're dumb! Those contracts were mentioned to show that coaches who perform are not fired (though surely there is cause to do so!).

CL82

Reaction Score
Moore says it happened.

Uh where exactly are you seeing that? Just so we don't have another "edited post accident" here's your quote:

No where in article you linked does it say "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn. If it had Moore would gotten a show cause order from the NCAA. Why libel the guy?

Reaction Score
Uh where exactly are you seeing that? Just so we don't have another "edited post accident" here's your quote:
View attachment 42767

No where in article you linked does it say "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn. If it had Moore would gotten a show cause order from the NCAA. Why libel the guy?

Oh my, here it is once again:

When asked if he had lost sight of the fact that Nochimson wasn't just an NBA agent, but a representative of athletic interests, Moore said: "Probably. I looked at him as a young professional working as an agent, doing what he does in his career."

CL82

Reaction Score
I proved you wrong.

You said Moore never said what I said he did.

I gave the link and the relevant quotes.

I haven't mentioned Miles in years on this board, and I never really bagged on Moore for any of it, or Calhoun. I defended them.

Just like I'm not bagging on Ollie for sending his players to training.

All I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy here. You're the one that insisted multiple times that I mention what was ever done in the past. You wanted it, you got it. I never would have mentioned it otherwise.
You quoted an article that didn't support what you alleged. You realize that, right? Nah, you probably don't.

Are you actually saying that you are smearing Coach Moore, Coach Calhoun and the University to try to retaliate against me in some weird way? Because that's just batsheet crazy.

Seriously, every thing okay? This isn't like you.

CL82

Reaction Score
Oh my, here it is once again:
That doesn't say "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn" does it?

Again, you realize that if your allegation had happened Moore wouldn't a college coach anymore. You do understand that, right?

Reaction Score
So is it better for Ollie or Miller to be found in the wrong here?

CL82

Reaction Score
So is it better for Ollie or Miller to be found in the wrong here?
I'd have to say Miller since that might open the door to more sanctions but it would irrelevant to KO's arbitration since that wasn't listed as a reason for discharge.

Reaction Score
You quoted an article that didn't support what you alleged. You realize that, right? Nah, you probably don't.

Are you actually saying that you are smearing Coach Moore, Coach Calhoun and the University to try to retaliate against me in some weird way? Because that's just batsheet crazy.

Seriously, every thing okay? This isn't like you.

The quotes are there. "Probably." He acknowledges that he broke the rules. I didn't say he cheated, although it could be construed as such. In Moore's own words, he probably broke the rules. Someone less generous could read into the many texts that followed, especially prior to the commitment, that he was aware all along that Nochimson, as an agent, was with Miles. In that very same article, Moore talks about working with Nochimson to find Miles a Prep school. All these things are violations. UConn was dinged for all these things with being banned in 2012. Have a said anything factually incorrect?

CL82

Reaction Score
The quotes are there. "Probably." He acknowledges that he broke the rules. I didn't say he cheated, although it could be construed as such. In Moore's own words, he probably broke the rules. Someone less generous could read into the many texts that followed, especially prior to the commitment, that he was aware all along that Nochimson, as an agent, was with Miles. In that very same article, Moore talks about working with Nochimson to find Miles a Prep school. All these things are violations. UConn was dinged for all these things with being banned in 2012. Have a said anything factually incorrect?
No the quotes are absolutely not there. Moore never told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn. It never happened.

Reaction Score
That doesn't say "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn" does it?

View attachment 42769

Again, you realize that if your allegation had happened Moore wouldn't a college coach anymore. You do understand that, right?

You're just arguing for argument's sake at this point. I mean, it's all right there in Moore's words. Probably a violation. He introduced Nochimson to Miles knowing Nochimson was an agent looking for recruits. He then kept in touch about Miles's recruitment with Nochimson!! This is Moore's very own words.

1. Knows Nochimson is an agent.
2. Knows Nochimson is considered a booster/alum.
2. Introduces Nochimson to Miles (Nochimson had no idea prior to that that UConn was recruiting Miles).
3. Then keeps in touch with Nochimson regarding Miles over years and many calls/texts.

In fact, there are articles later in which Moore admits that it was wrong and that it was like the state of the game these days (ie. everyone does it).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Okie is a lazy piece of scum who was handed a job fifty better qualified guys would have killed to get and trashed it. Kevin I’m begging you. Just go away. We don’t care where or how. Just go. To paraphrase Dr Seus, you can go by boat you can go by cow. You can go by car or go by snail or stamp yourself and go by mail. The time has come now go go go.

Calhoun’s ego and Warde’s lack of guts come home to roost.
That’s really the issue. He had no business getting the job in the first place. As much as we all love JC he pulled a Ryan Gomes here. Ollie was gifted the job of a lifetime based on his reputation as a tireless worker. 4 years later he tells one of his best players to “get in the gym” when asked for specific off-season goals.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're just arguing for argument's sake at this point. I mean, it's all right there in Moore's words. Probably a violation. He introduced Nochimson to Miles knowing Nochimson was an agent looking for recruits. He then kept in touch about Miles's recruitment with Nochimson!! This is Moore's very own words.

1. Knows Nochimson is an agent.
2. Knows Nochimson is considered a booster/alum.
2. Introduces Nochimson to Miles (Nochimson had no idea prior to that that UConn was recruiting Miles).
3. Then keeps in touch with Nochimson regarding Miles over years and many calls/texts.

In fact, there are articles later in which Moore admits that it was wrong and that it was like the state of the game these days (ie. everyone does it).
Man that's a tortured interpretation. I get it though you've dug this huge hole and can't back up your allegations.

1. Nochimson is a former UConn team manager.
2. Moore sees him and talks to him while he's talking with Miles, a kid UConn was already in contact with, and "introduces" him in the same way anyone one introduces the people they are working with.
3. Nochimson is not an agent. He has no clients. He's never repped anyone.
4. The staff took his calls after the introduction the same way they did before. On a personal basis.

None of that supports your "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn" allegation.

None of that is worse than Ollie's illegal payments for illegal travel and illegal meals and illegal lodging to attend illegal training with an illegal coach. That's why Moore received no punishment and Ollie is looking at a show cause order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom