Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man that's a tortured interpretation. I get it though you've dug this huge hole and can't back up your allegations.

1. Nochimson is a former UConn team manager.
2. Moore sees him and talks to him while he's talking with Miles, a kid UConn was already in contact with, and "introduces" him in the same way anyone one introduces the people they are working with.
3. Nochimson is not an agent. He has no clients. He's never repped anyone.
4. The staff took his calls after the introduction the same way they did before. On a personal basis.

None of that supports your "Moore told Nochimson to recruit Miles for UConn.

None of that is worse than Ollie's illegal payments for illegal travel and illegal meals and illegal lodging to attend illegal training with an illegal coach. That's why Moore received no punishment and Ollie is looking at a show cause order.

Nochimson registered as an agent before this took place.

Moore contacted Nochimson who was representing Miles in order to talk about Miles.

He knew Nochimson was both agent and booster.

This is 10x more serious than Ollie paying for training.

Moore even talks about working with Nochimson to find a prep school for Miles.

Reaction Score
That’s really the issue. He had no business getting the job in the first place. As much as we all love JC he pulled a Ryan Gomes here. Ollie was gifted the job of a lifetime based on his reputation as a tireless worker. 4 years later he tells one of his best players to “get in the gym” when asked for specific off-season goals.

Would you have taken the 2014 National Championship back?

Reaction Score
Thanks. I like the old KO much better than GM. The current KO - OMG. What a mess.
KO needed some time off. He is getting it now. Remember, he has been traveling continuously since 1995. He will be back soon

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Nochimson registered as an agent before this took place.

Moore contacted Nochimson who was representing Miles in order to talk about Miles.

He knew Nochimson was both agent and booster.

This is 10x more serious than Ollie paying for training.

Moore even talks about working with Nochimson to find a prep school for Miles.
Lol, you just said Moore introduced Miles to Nochimson and now you are saying that Moore contact Nochimson to talk about Miles. LOL.

Nochimson was never Miles agent.

You keep avoiding answering this question if your crazy scenario is real (and it isn't) why didn't Moore get a show cause order. Could it be that, oh I don't know, because it never happened?

Likewise if the Ollie matter is so minor why is Ollie getting a show cause order?

I've asked this about a half dozen time and you keep avoiding the question. Why?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
a lot of people saying “Uconn doesn’t want to pay him” that may be true but even if Uconn wanted to pay him they can’t afford to.

Reaction Score
Lol, you just said Moore introduced Miles to Nochimson and now you are saying that Moore contact Nochimson to talk about Miles. LOL.

Nochimson was never Miles agent.

You keep avoiding answering this question if your crazy scenario is real (and it isn't) why didn't Moore get a show cause order. Could it be that, oh I don't know, because it never happened?

Likewise if the Ollie matter is so minor why is Ollie getting a show cause order?

I've asked this about a half dozen time and you keep avoiding the question. Why?
Because HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

If you ask the guy if 2014 was Ollie's championship or Calhoun's, I bet he would say mostly or all Ollie's. Now, if that is true then Ollie CAN coach, right? So how could it go so wrong? Answer: Ollie STOPPED DOING HIS JOB!!!. He wasn't merely "bad" at it. HE FLAT OUT STOPPED DOING THE JOB HE WAS BEING PAID TO DO! When someone said that KO didn't get a good buyout because he stopped doing his job AND broke the conditions of his contract, he was DEAD ON. Coaches have been guilty of one or the other of those conditions but I challenge the Ollie apologists to name one coach that was guilty of BOTH AND was given their full buyout. Lots of coaches were bad and technically broke the rules. They got some or all of their buyout. One last time for the slow ones out there. BEING BAD IS NOT THE SAME AS FLAT OUT NOT DOING YOUR JOB!!!

And, by the way, by some accounts, KO was offered 2 million even given that he hadn't done his job in three years and violated his contract. If that is true, and it does seem very plausible, then Ollie is an idiot.

Reaction Score
Chief Final Speaks - KO either has the dumbest lawyers in the country or he hasn’t told them the truth - take your pick.
They are walking down a road covered with mines - huge mines.
Again Chief, I speak for the entire Boneyard when I say thank you for deciding to comment in this thread!!!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I don't mind it but don't be coy about it. Come out and call Calhoun a cheater specifically and name what you believe he did. But the "oh worse stuff has gone on at UConn BS" just gets on my nerves. It is gutless.

Yes. Publicly, the only significant rule Calhoun broke was too much contact with Miles, a rule that's not even a rule anymore. The NCAA has rescinded it.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
Because HE CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

If you ask the guy if 2014 was Ollie's championship or Calhoun's, I bet he would say mostly or all Ollie's. Now, if that is true then Ollie CAN coach, right? So how could it go so wrong? Answer: Ollie STOPPED DOING HIS JOB!!!. He wasn't merely "bad" at it. HE FLAT OUT STOPPED DOING THE JOB HE WAS BEING PAID TO DO! When someone said that KO didn't get a good buyout because he stopped doing his job AND broke the conditions of his contract, he was DEAD ON. Coaches have been guilty of one or the other of those conditions but I challenge the Ollie apologists to name one coach that was guilty of BOTH AND was given their full buyout. Lots of coaches were bad and technically broke the rules. They got some or all of their buyout. One last time for the slow ones out there. BEING BAD IS NOT THE SAME AS FLAT OUT NOT DOING YOUR JOB!!!

And, by the way, by some accounts, KO was offered 2 million even given that he hadn't done his job in three years and violated his contract. If that is true, and it does seem very plausible, then Ollie is an idiot.

Like x 1,000. Spot on, Engineer90.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
The part I don't get about all this is why certain posters seem to think it's somehow morally reprehensible that UCONN chose to terminate Ollie's employment based on cause instead of failing to uphold the terms of employment. The school is being painted as the bad guy, even though there is ample evidence that Ollie violated NCAA rules.

Under contract law, you use any and every legal argument to advance your cause. The school chose to rely on contract terms which Ollie breached. Just because he was also guilty of not living up to other terms related to performance doesn't make the school morally bankrupt for taking the best possible legal position the school can take.

Ollie seems to have been lying to everybody all along. He lied to Benedict's face when all the NCAA violations stuff hit, and then he tripled down by lying to the NCAA and his attorneys. His lawyers appear to have been flying blind since day one. He's put them in a completely untenable situation. With Ollie stonewalling, denying everything, and topping it all off with ridiculous and seemingly endless frivolous litigation, how any rational person can conclude he's the victim here is beyond my comprehension. The school is doing what they have to do and should be doing, period. Ollie should have bailed with the 2.5 million. He has since cost himself his entire personal and professional reputations, something he may never get back.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

The part I don't get about all this is why certain posters seem to think it's somehow morally reprehensible that UCONN chose to terminate Ollie's employment based on cause instead of failing to uphold the terms of employment. The school is being painted as the bad guy, even though there is ample evidence that Ollie violated NCAA rules.

Under contract law, you use any every legal argument to advance your cause. The school chose to rely on contract terms which Ollie breached. Just because he was also guilty of not living up to other terms related to performance doesn't make the school morally bankrupt for taking the best possible legal position the school can take.

Ollie seems to have been lying to everybody all along. He lied to Benedict's face when all the NCAA violations stuff hit, and then he tripled down by lying to the NCAA and his attorneys. His lawyers appear to have been flying blind since day one. He's put them in a completely untenable situation. With Ollie stonewalling, denying everything, and topping it all off with ridiculous and seemingly endless frivolous litigation, how any rational person can conclude he's the victim here is beyond my comprehension. The school is doing what they have to do and should be doing, period. Ollie should have bailed with the 2 million. He has since cost himself his entire personal and professional reputations, something he may never get back.

Spot on! Only edit is $2.5 million not $2.0 million.

Reaction Score
We all love UConn but if I’m a player that can live in Texas, Arizona, Florida, California or any other state we have to recruit against, I’m going there elsewhere. We all love ice cream and the dairy barn but have you been to Some of the other campuses? Uconn was the 2nd choice for a lot of 5 star recruits that ended up at Kentucky, Arizona, Duke etc. which is a testament to how many players on the circuit loved Ollie and what he stood for. We have to be real about this, the lure of UConn isn’t the same. There has to be a niche for recruiting great mid major talent moving forward. I’m sure Ollie cared about his job and did everything he could to work at his craft and put the time in daily. The breakup of Big East killed the run for recruits. He out coached a lot of great coaches with minimal talent. Let’s be sensible about this.

Great to hear from you KO, hope all is well. Your post is completely ridiculous.

There are tons of good basketball players and UConn can absolutely thrive as an elite program recruiting the New England prep schools, CT, MA, NYC, NJ and Baltimore/DC. 5* stars are nice but a steady diet of 4* guys will get the job done if the coach has the chops to be elite.

Reaction Score
I didn't say it was gossip, I said it wasn't published by Glenn Miller. One of the three elements of libel is published.

Miller getting Ollie's bank records regardless of whether or not they prove the payment will be highly damaging to Ollie and might the most detrimental instance of the ill-conceived litigious overkill coming to roost and biting Ollie both on the grounds and in public opinion.

Your second statement is yet another in a never-ending line of frivolous arguments to put out the fire by throwing other people's gasoline on it.
I hope it doesn’t show all his $1 oyster purchases.

Reaction Score
slander is pretty easy to prove when things are put in writing and available for public consumption.
First, it’s libel if in writing. Slander is not easy to prove. Ollie is a public figure which means there is wide latitude given. You need to show not only a knowing untruth but one intended to show a specific intent to cause harm.
Since Miller is a public figure, the standard for burden of proof is higher. The statements made must either prove to be false, and were made knowing they were false, or were made with reckless disregard as to the truth or falsity of the statements. With public figures, malice is also an important issue. Absent malice it's going to favor Miller.
Exactly. Weak case from what we can see. Ollie is a public figure. Ollie and his lawyers continue to exhibit incredible ineptitude in my opinion. They have systematically alienated the court of public opinion, which would have been the best avenue to compel a favorable outcome.

Reaction Score
We all love UConn but if I’m a player that can live in Texas, Arizona, Florida, California or any other state we have to recruit against, I’m going there elsewhere. We all love ice cream and the dairy barn but have you been to Some of the other campuses? Uconn was the 2nd choice for a lot of 5 star recruits that ended up at Kentucky, Arizona, Duke etc. which is a testament to how many players on the circuit loved Ollie and what he stood for. We have to be real about this, the lure of UConn isn’t the same. There has to be a niche for recruiting great mid major talent moving forward. I’m sure Ollie cared about his job and did everything he could to work at his craft and put the time in daily. The breakup of Big East killed the run for recruits. He out coached a lot of great coaches with minimal talent. Let’s be sensible about this.
Nonsensical post. You can imagine what you like about Ollie but it's not reality. After he won the championship he thought he had it all figured out. He made it clear to Calhoun he was no longer welcome and he couldn't be bothered putting in the work.

Amazing you manage to denigrate the program while lifting up the guy who destroyed it the past few years. Hurley will turn it around but it's not the easiest of tasks, Ollie did a lot of damage.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes. Publicly, the only significant rule Calhoun broke was too much contact with Miles, a rule that's not even a rule anymore. The NCAA has rescinded it.
Failure to promote culture of compliance, which was a reach.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: No slander to say this is the ugliest family feud in state history

Among other points...

>>Parenteau told Dave Borges of Hearst Connecticut Media, “Glen Miller is the University of Connecticut’s star witness. And he was motivated to get Kevin Ollie.” Miller’s attorney Drzislav Corcic responded: “I think it’s a transparent attempt to intimidate a witness right before the NCAA hearing, and we’re going to defend it vigorously.”

An NCAA hearing on the Ollie infractions has been scheduled for Thursday.

Question: If Ollie is so hot to go after Miller on the $30,000 testimony, why isn’t he also trying to sue him also on all the other things Miller said about the Ray Allen/Rudy Gay FaceTime calls, Boo Willingham, Danny Griffin and Derek Hamilton? The NCAA said Ollie provided false or misleading information about arranging impermissible phone calls for a recruit (Hamidou Diallo), and about arranging impermissible workouts in Atlanta for players with Ollie’s friend Hamilton.

Why? Maybe because they’re true. By the way, all those other things help UConn in its case against Ollie.<<

CL82

Reaction Score
They have systematically alienated the court of public opinion, which would have been the best avenue to compel a favorable outcome.
Perhaps more importantly Ollie has to live in the real world after this is done. He's alienated a bunch of people who could have helped him. In CT he's rapidly become persona non grata in this state.

Representing the high profile client is challenging. I think KO's counsel have done him a disservice by running their standard scorched earth campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom