Ollie Officially Fired | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie Officially Fired

Reaction Score
Well if there's a legit reason to do it you do it. You don't pay him $10 million just to show how nice and loyal you are.

If it turns out there's no case for it and they are throwing stuff against the wall than maybe you're right

Oh I agree no handing money over, but if they're wrong won't look good.

Reaction Score
He managed to land them under NCAA investigation while still putting an awful product on the court. The bar for the new coach will be pretty low.

What do you know about the investigation? Probably nothing as I expected, he's clean it has nothing to do with that at all or even close.

Reaction Score
What a rollercoaster of emotions right now. I am excited, relieved, and most importantly, very sad. Never in a million years did I want it to end this way. For the love of the program, if you have time today go back and listen to KOs introductory press conference. It was fantastic. It will be how I forever remember KO.

Reaction Score
Wow if I'm another coach how happy would I be if they are trying to find a way for "just cause" on a guy who player here and won a national championship? Red flag
I have to agree with Mau here. Begin the process of firing with just cause is not a good look.

KO not going to just take this laying down. And is the AD admitting infractions occurred at the school. How will they fight any allegations later if they already fired their coach with just cause.

AD Dave was personally responsible for extending that contract. The proper thing to do would be to negotiate a buyout and agree to go your separate ways. This could get ugly. And you need to control the message.

Reaction Score
Bittersweet is the right term. Say what you want about Calhoun’s guys, etc. but he was still a major recuiter for that team and still lead the ship for that run. Something changed for the worse for him after that title, whether it was the divorce or something else.

Either way, bittersweet. I won’t ever root against him, but it was def the right move.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom