Ollie looking to fill coaching spot | The Boneyard

Ollie looking to fill coaching spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These are usually formalities. I'm sure he was already hand selected by Ollie

Reaction Score
Bringing someone with NBA experience is great to hear. I'm guessing KO, rightfully so, wants to boost his x&os. And maybe player development

Reaction Score
Still time to apply... just need to trump the person who's resume is stated below;)

06/24/2016
Job Posting
The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.

Responsibilities include: assist and support the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a high major Division I program including practice and game preparation, scouting of opponents, and the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Coach.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball program; collegiate playing experience at a Division I institution; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: experience as a full-time assistant coach at more than one Division I institution; member of a coaching staff which has led a team to multiple NCAA Tournament appearances; experience in overall basketball operations at the collegiate level, including a demonstrated understanding of team travel, scheduling and budget; involvement in student-athlete community service activities; experience at the professional (NBA) level.

Salary: commensurate with experience.

Candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to:http://www.jobs.uconn.edu. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016674)

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on July 1, 2016.

All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found atOffice of State Ethics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hmm it sounds like experience at the NBA level means as a player, not a coach, and that they have very recently coached on some pretty good teams at the NCAA level

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I like the sound of NBA experience for recruiting purposes. Nothing brings in future NBA players like retired Pros who have been there before and know what it takes to get to that next level.

That being said, I wonder what Rip is up to these days. He certainly doesn't need the money but his involvement with the program during KO's tenure makes me think he could potentially see himself on the sideline one day.

Reaction Score
Still time to apply... just need to trump the person who's resume is stated below;)

06/24/2016
Job Posting
The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.

Responsibilities include: assist and support the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a high major Division I program including practice and game preparation, scouting of opponents, and the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Coach.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball program; collegiate playing experience at a Division I institution; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: experience as a full-time assistant coach at more than one Division I institution; member of a coaching staff which has led a team to multiple NCAA Tournament appearances; experience in overall basketball operations at the collegiate level, including a demonstrated understanding of team travel, scheduling and budget; involvement in student-athlete community service activities; experience at the professional (NBA) level.

Salary: commensurate with experience.

Candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to:http://www.jobs.uconn.edu. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016674)

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on July 1, 2016.

All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found atOffice of State Ethics.
Did you know the whole Ollie, Calhoun, Manuel thing was a sham to get around the state job posting policy? I was told by someone real close to the situation. This makes me wonder if there is someone already selected for the job and the posting is intentionally describing him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hopefully everyone is aware that by the time the job is posted, the position is already filled. The job description is written the new hire's experience.

This is nothing more than fulfilling legal requirements IAW state hiring policies.

Reaction Score
Did you know the whole Ollie, Calhoun, Manuel thing was a sham to get around the state job posting policy? I was told by someone real close to the situation. This makes me wonder if there is someone already selected for the job and the posting is intentionally describing him.
Amazed.jpg

Reaction Score
Can we get Ray Allen in and just ignore the 5 years previous coaching experience needed? I think we can look past that for him

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Donyell?
Doesn't meet the minimum requirements of 5 of the last 6 years coaching D1. He spent two years coaching in the D league. Plus he was just named head coach of Central Connecticut State and definitely doesn't meet the preferred qualification of leading teams to the NCAA tournament.

So I would say that's pretty unlikely.

But there's obviously someone out there that matches the requirements.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You don't say.

arch

Reaction Score
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball.

How does this get by compliance office? Does this eliminate every woman in the world?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How does this get by compliance office? Does this eliminate every woman in the world?

There are some women assistants for men's teams I believe. That's the job, coaching young men. So you want experience coaching young men.

I hope it is someone outside of the UConn family. We need some new blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom