Ollie looking to fill coaching spot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie looking to fill coaching spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That article is a year+ old, Slice is out at St. John's.
Didn't know that. What happened?

Reaction Score
Still time to apply... just need to trump the person who's resume is stated below;)

06/24/2016
Job Posting
The University of Connecticut is accepting applications and nominations for the full-time position of Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach.

Responsibilities include: assist and support the Head Men’s Basketball Coach in the organization and administration of all phases of a high major Division I program including practice and game preparation, scouting of opponents, and the evaluation and recruitment of prospective student-athletes; assist in monitoring academic progress and development of student-athletes; and other program duties as assigned by the Head Coach.

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball program; collegiate playing experience at a Division I institution; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: experience as a full-time assistant coach at more than one Division I institution; member of a coaching staff which has led a team to multiple NCAA Tournament appearances; experience in overall basketball operations at the collegiate level, including a demonstrated understanding of team travel, scheduling and budget; involvement in student-athlete community service activities; experience at the professional (NBA) level.

Salary: commensurate with experience.

Candidates must submit letter of application, resume, and the names of three references to:http://www.jobs.uconn.edu. Screening of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2016674)

This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on July 1, 2016.

All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found atOffice of State Ethics.

I heard most of this is preferred.

Reaction Score
I heard most of this is preferred.

Well, umm okay - doesn't it say that?

Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; minimum of five years of full-time experience (within the past six years) as an assistant coach at a Division I men’s college basketball program; collegiate playing experience at a Division I institution; working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations; strong commitment to the academic goals of the University; and excellent organizational, teaching, communication and public relations skills.

Preferred Qualifications: experience as a full-time assistant coach at more than one Division I institution; member of a coaching staff which has led a team to multiple NCAA Tournament appearances; experience in overall basketball operations at the collegiate level, including a demonstrated understanding of team travel, scheduling and budget; involvement in student-athlete community service activities; experience at the professional (NBA) level.

Minimum are minimum and Preferred are preferred.

Reaction Score
Well, umm okay - doesn't it say that?

Minimum are minimum and Preferred are preferred.

Yup...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think PD and X&Os can go hand in hand, offensive execution and playcalling would probably look a hell of alot better with skilled players out there operating.

Having a couple nice options at the point is going to do wonders for UCONN this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom