Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh yes, you're definitely the adult in the room telling everyone what they should and shouldn't discuss. It's not like this story is mentioned on the front page of ESPN.com or anything.

exactly, it's on espn, does it really need to be constantly regurgitated here with nothing factual added??

Reaction Score
I think people are saying he was fired because he is black. Sounds like they have a minimal understanding of his allegations. That is not what his suit is saying. Saying you are treated differently is not semantics. You do not have to be a lawyer to understand the difference. If JC had been fired for example, Ollie would have no case.
I understand the nuance you're trying to create, I just don't think it's applicable. Let's pretend you have a judge/EEOC commission that doesn't know a thing about the case...

Ollie's team: Our client was treated differently because of his race.

Judge: How was he treated differently?

What other way do you answer this than with?

"He was fired while his white predecessor wasn't"

Reaction Score
exactly, it's on espn, does it really need to be constantly regurgitated here with nothing factual added??
We're 9 pages deep. You're not going to stop us from talking about new developments. Why not just see yourself out?

Reaction Score
We're 8 pages deep. You're not going to stop us from talking about new developments. Why not just see yourself out?

ha, why don't people take the high road and let it play out in the courts??

Reaction Score
I don' understand how this hasn't devolved into the cesspool...then again, I'm still new....

Reaction Score
no, it's called move along children. Everyone knows the entire Ollie situation is FUBAR. There is no reason to keep creating new threads every week, especially whennothing of value comes from it.
but it was new news

Reaction Score
He’s dead to me...he also lost any hope of any other relevant coaching job.
EDA45784-3462-4B61-AA1E-814916BDAAC9.jpeg

Reaction Score
ha, why don't people take the high road and let it play out in the courts??
Has your life been so sheltered that you've never heard of the "court of public opinion"?

Reaction Score
"
a new spin maybe , "he said, she said"
No. It's literally a new development. An unsurprising one, but a new one.

Again, if you don't want to talk about it.

Why.
Are.
You.
Here?

Reaction Score
Disgraceful. KO was beloved until he screwed it up. I marvel how the those who supported, nurtured and gave him the keys to a great program, are now racists. Total unethical scum-bag.

Reaction Score
Gotta remember, very few of us wouldn’t do whatever it took to get those millions. It is a bad situation for KO. It isn’t easy to walk away from all that money. I am sure KO thinks he did a good job, even if we don’t. He also won a national title, that warrants some respect. I’d like them to settle and give him some money, but that’s just one man’s opinion.
Here's what you do to get those millions:
YOUR F'in JOB

Reaction Score
Sad just plain sad! It will extremely hard to come back from this one now. Years would have passed, he would have been welcomed back, but after this, not sure how you come back.. My guess is this was the final nail in Ollie’s coffin

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ah, this BS again. Glenn Miller is a "rat" for reporting NCAA violations that he was CONTRACTUALLY and ETHICALLY required to report. Unreal.

Yes thank God for people like Glenn Miller. Ray Allen might have been on a speaker phone - a true ethical dilemma.

So if Glenn Miller is such an ethical standard why didn’t he take any of Calhoun’s violations to the NCAA?

Now please stop being an IDIOT.

Reaction Score

Ah, I do love the media. Fact is, they likely would have little, if ANY reaction to it since it has just about zero effect on them in reality.

But let the media stick a microphone and camera in your face and what used to have no effect on your life suddenly does.

In all practical matters, how these guys react to something that is far removed from their lives is not news worthy in any way. But that certainly isn't going to stop SOME GUY from asking them or publically speculating that someone else should ask if he doesn't.

Reaction Score
Sad just plain sad! It will extremely hard to come back from this one now. Years would have passed, he would have been welcomed back, but after this, not sure how you come back.. My guess is this was the final nail in Ollie’s coffin

I dont think anyone would have ever guessed that the Ollie era would go this badly. It led to us getting Coach Hurley, so its not awful long term, but just sad how ugly it has gotten. There was nothing remotely racial that transpired, but allegations along these lines are likely to create some settlement value on an otherwise very weak case. Perhaps both sides will see the value in a swift, reasonable resolution. One can hope anyway.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t Miller already gone when he went rat?

I’m not so much defending Ollie - this is just what happens to a broke athletic department.

Everywhere else they just pay him to go away - hell they paid DIACO to go away.

Calhoun got away with worse and Diaco got paid.

Ollie they used a rat to try to fire him with cause - we know it’s because they have no money - but the white guys got treated differently - debating that just shows a bias.
Good lord, what a bunch of malarkey. Did Diaco violate NCAA rules ? If not, then the two situations are different. Did Calhoun have specific "zero tolerance" language in his contract about NCAA violations ? If not, then the two situations are different.

I mean, seriously, this is just idiotic, frankly. UConn didn't have anything by which to fire Diaco FOR CAUSE. That's the difference. Oh, and he's white. Irrelevant.

Calhoun was a hall of fame coach with 50 years of coaching success and three (and a half) national championships. No, they were not going to fire THAT GUY for NCAA violations that, regardless of the narrative of how severe they were, were under his purview, but not actually committed BY Calhoun himself. The violations under Ollie were, in some cases, committed BY Kevin Ollie himself, and then he turned around and lied to the NCAA about it.

Knowing that there are easily understood distinctions between cases precludes claiming, speciously, that the difference must be race. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Pretending it isn't is intellectually dishonest, and that's being generous.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good lord, what a bunch of malarkey. Did Diaco violate NCAA rules ? If not, then the two situations are different. Did Calhoun have specific "zero tolerance" language in his contract about NCAA violations ? If not, then the two situations are different.
I mean, seriously, this is just idiotic, frankly. UConn didn't have anything by which to fire Diaco FOR CAUSE. That's the difference. Oh, and he's white. Irrelevant.

Calhoun was a hall of fame coach with 50 years of coaching success and three (and a half) national championships. No, they were not going to fire THAT GUY for NCAA violations that, regardless of the narrative of how severe they were, were under his purview, but not actually committed BY Calhoun himself. The violations under Ollie were, in some cases, committed BY Kevin Ollie himself, and then he turned around and lied to the NCAA about it.

Knowing that there are known distinctions between cases precludes claiming, speciously, that the difference must be race. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Pretending it isn't is intellectually dishonest, and that's being generous.

Of course Diaco violated some rule - there are a billion and they get violated accidentally every day.

So you admit that Calhoun violated NCAA rules, but for some reason you support Glenn ‘Rat’ Miller going to the NCAA against Ollie but not Calhoun? And then at the end you have the nerve to accuse anyone of being intellectually dishonest.

I have no idea if Ollie was discriminated against - I do know he was treated differently than Calhoun with respect to violations. I know that Diaco WAS WORSE THAN OLLIE and left with 5 million without any investigation into possible violations (that we are aware of).

If you want to support the rat because he helps your cause go for it - but do not try and claim some bogus moral superiority.

How deluded does one need to be to defend Calhoun’s violations while playing up a Ray Allen phone call? 99% of this board would have creamed their pants if they knew Ollie used Allen to recruit. Now they want it to be Mike Leach locking kids with concussions in sheds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom