Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ollie Discrimination Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Checkmate.
At first I meant. Sorry I should have clarified. It would have avoided this disaster. They should have settled. At the end of the day you can’t fire for cause with the petty violations he did. However, with him lying to the NCAA and now throwing out race claims I think UConn should stick with there guns. He’s not gunna get any money now
If you’re gunna quote me quote the entire thing. I agree with you. Those violations are normally petty IF you don’t lie about it. But he did so he deserves to not get paid. Don’t quote half of what I said

Reaction Score
I've pretty much lost any respect I had for him. Typical, just blame the race card for your own failures.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll answer, they should have tried to settle. They did not.

And yet, within this thread, someone said, "Irrelevant. That is how negotiations work."

I'm in agreement with a few things you've written in this thread, but this one seems to apply a sure tone to two things that are inconsistent.

Opening negotiations with, "How about all?" risks, "How about [no answer]?"

I think that both sides created initial positions that were tough to walk back from. I don't think there's as clear a good party and bad party as you are confident enough to suggest.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
GREAT just what we need! He’s doing this because he knows they will settle because the PR will be so bad. This is such a scumbag move!

Reaction Score
STJOHNS are undefeated. Unfortunately my wife n kids r now big UCONN fans since I settle in CT 15 yrs ago. They dont want to watch St Johns with me. They don't want to talk about STJ with me and my daughter still insist on us going to the girls games. Anyway, KO is not spending any money on this lawyer thing. This is civil and the attorneys will only get pay if they win/settle on something
My mailman is a Johnnies fan. Want to meet him?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not surprised by KO and his lawyers. I expected this and it is a sad day for KO and UConn.

With this latest legal move, KO has burned his final bridge.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What he’s unintentionally doing is making it less likely that more minority coaches get hired in the future. Other schools will see cases like this and not want to take the litigation risk.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not surprised by KO and his lawyers. I expected this and it is a sad day for KO and UConn.

With this latest legal move, KO has burned his final bridge.
Mmm, it's less the what of what they've done than the how. Representing the high profile client is tricky. Ollie's representation has taken a sledge hammer approach. That's surprising.

Reaction Score
And yet, within this thread, someone said, "Irrelevant. That is how negotiations work."

I'm in agreement with a few things you've written in this thread, but this one seems to apply a sure tone to two things that are inconsistent.

Opening negotiations with, "How about all?" risks, "How about [no answer]?"

I think that both sides created initial positions that were tough to walk back from. I don't think there's as clear a good party and bad party as you are confident enough to suggest.
Well we agree. But over and over I hear this is all on Ollie. That is not the case in my opinion.

Reaction Score
What he’s unintentionally doing is making it less likely that more minority coaches get hired in the future. Other schools will see cases like this and not want to take the litigation risk.

Yeah, just no one hire a minority coach. No risk there at all.... what??

Reaction Score
I remember the 60's and 70's when people said things like "there's some bad ones that spoil for everyone"....Somehow thought we were past that. And then people wonder why there actually is a race card.

Reaction Score
For $10,000,000 I would remove a limb.

Same. 'Cause you'd have enough cashe to buy a new one that was probably better than the one you gave up. I got two new knees, for way less than $10M and these are waaaay better than the old ones.

Reaction Score
He’s been posturing this way since the beginning - as it draws to an end, he (they) don’t like the “rules” they agreed to when executing his Contract.

>>Ollie and his attorneys have been seeking for several months to file a complaint of race discrimination with the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), or in the courts. However, he claims that UConn is preventing him from doing so, based on a provision in the collective bargaining agreement between Ollie’s union and the school that would allow UConn to end its current arbitration proceedings with Ollie if he took that route.<<

Updated w/ Ollie lawyer's quotes. Ya know they have very little left when he drops this line @ the end:

>>“Hopefully the parties can come to an amicable settlement,” said Parenteau. “Kevin Ollie has done so much for the University of Connecticut, the state of Connecticut all these years. To treat him this way is really a darn shame.” <<

Reaction Score
The fact that people don't want to acknowledge this is beyond me. Why UConn didn't want to settle. Ollie broke a rule AND AND AND lied to the NCAA.
It's amazing and if they admit Ollie broke any rules which breached his contract it was just the harmless Ray Allen phone call and not the off campus workouts with Ollie's buddy and the free trip to Atlanta to train with Ollie's buddy and never self-reporting any of his violations and the lying.

UConn has made a bunch of mistakes over the years when it comes to athletics and this sure as hell wasn't one of them. It's insanity some people wish they were completely negligent and handed him $11 million he isn't owed as he walked out the door.

Reaction Score
I’ve been critical of UConn for its role in letting things drag on this long, but there aren’t words to describe how pathetic of a move this is by Ollie.

And the whole “this is his lawyer’s idea” excuse isn’t a very good one - Ollie is the plaintiff and has the final say over which strategy they proceed with. He gave the final approval, and he has to wear this one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Updated w/ Ollie lawyer's quotes. Ya know they have very little left when he drops this line @ the end:

>>“Hopefully the parties can come to an amicable settlement,” said Parenteau. “Kevin Ollie has done so much for the University of Connecticut, the state of Connecticut all these years. To treat him this way is really a darn shame.” <<
Completely agree. Thats a mic drop post right there.

Reaction Score
Click "Like" if you actually read the complaint that was filed.

The courthousenews.com article is weak journalism.

To summarize, the complaint is primarily for injunctive and equitable relief so that KO's legal right to pursue a racial discrimination lawsuit does not expire today. He claims that the University has essentially forced him to do this.

The complaint says he tried to have the University extend the time period to file, and the University declined. He tried to have the racial matter incorporated into the arbitration and the University declined.And he gave the University proper and ample notice months ago that this was an interest he might pursue.

The University was, it seems, firm in saying that if he chose the racial discrimination lawsuit, the University would drop further participation in the arbitration process which could not be wrapped up before today's. filing deadline for a racial discrimination lawsuit.

KO wanted both possibilities. The University said, in effect, "Choose one." He filed in court yesterday to get a ruling that would allow him to keep the other path from irretrievably expiring.

That's a quick and dirty summary, but 4 pages into this thread, there's almost nothing here that keeps itself to what has happened yesterday, irrespective of whether you favor one side or the other. This doesn't surprise me. But really, this is not quite the news that some are imagining.

So you are saying that he does not like the legal terms by which his arbitration process is bound, and is seeking to change b/c they are inconvenient to him. Sounds familiar.

Reaction Score
If you’re gunna quote me quote the entire thing. I agree with you. Those violations are normally petty IF you don’t lie about it. But he did so he deserves to not get paid. Don’t quote half of what I said
I never quoted any of your posts. But don't let the facts get in the way of anything, you don't seem to like the facts anyway.

Reaction Score

wow. might as well just stop now and save Ollie some more money on lawyers fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom