Olivia To UConn! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Olivia To UConn!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
the difference is that after a couple yrs at UConn, these two players will still be # 1 and #4 in the country, but this time in WCBB, while's Baylors will be honorable mention.
I should have added that I would not trade our class for Baylor's for anything. UCONN got exactly what it needed/wanted. The #1 player in the class - a guard who wants to be legendary, and an uber athletic post player. Add to that #1 small forward Walker and top 15 guard Coombs in the class just ahead of them, and no one has recruited better over the 2 year period.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
IMHO no it does not. UCONN got #1 and #4, but Baylor got #3, #9, and #15, #18, and #28. UCONN got higher quality, but Baylor got 4 kids in the top 20 and 2 of them are top 10.
I am happy that Baylor gets tagged with the moniker of "number one recruiting class." Let's see how they live up to that tag.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Because of her knee injury I expect her sophomore leap to be tremendous. Congratulations Husky fans across the nation who in one week got 2 players who are incredible athletes, immensely humble and coachable. Also, congratulations Husky fans for being so fortunate in having the greatest coach and staff that have ever blown a practice whistle.

Now, how about we add that thunder from down under.
So greedy, Jordy. I love it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
the difference is that after a couple yrs at UConn, these two players will still be # 1 and #4 in the country, but this time in WCBB, while's Baylors will be honorable mention.
I might differ slightly with your assessment. These two recruits could well be #1 and #2 in the country, in no particular order. Once again a reminder that before her knee injury, ONO was the #1 player in her class. Watching her on film as a sophomore, the way she ran the court, rebounded, blocked shots, handled the ball and scored in the paint reminded me of Stewie. The only difference is that Stewie had a better outside shot.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
First thing that comes to mind when I saw the initials ONO was YOKO.
Apollo

alg-olympics-apollo-ohno-jpg.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Woops - bad info, thought it was an ACL but from the W:
The senior at Georgia's Winder-Barrow High School has been sidelined since January after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured kneecap and a torn medial patellofemoral. She has been cleared for contact and is hoping to return to the floor soon. At UConn, she plans to pursue a degree in the medical field.

Full story:
Olivia Nelson-Ododa commits to Connecticut Huskies women's basketball on final day of early signing period

"That news about Connecticut having a down year on the recruiting trail is so last week." :D

Reaction Score
Woops - bad info, thought it was an ACL but from the W:
The senior at Georgia's Winder-Barrow High School has been sidelined since January after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured kneecap and a torn medial patellofemoral. She has been cleared for contact and is hoping to return to the floor soon. At UConn, she plans to pursue a degree in the medical field.

Full story:
Olivia Nelson-Ododa commits to Connecticut Huskies women's basketball on final day of early signing period
The medial patellofemoral ligament (MPFL) helps to keep the kneecap centered along the front of the knee, so that it tracks well during knee movements. MPFL injuries typically occur during a forceful traumatic kneecap dislocation. This injury is most common among young, active females. Depending on the severity of an MPFL injury, treatment may involve surgical reconstruction, followed by physical therapy.
another site:
At four to seven months after MPFL reconstruction, most people can generally return to sport or play.

I also read that the prognosis is excellent. All in all, seems far less severe than a torn ACL

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I might differ slightly with your assessment. These two recruits could well be #1 and #2 in the country, in no particular order. Once again a reminder that before her knee injury, ONO was the #1 player in her class. Watching her on film as a sophomore, the way she ran the court, rebounded, blocked shots, handled the ball and scored in the paint reminded me of Stewie. The only difference is that Stewie had a better outside shot.
And like Stewie she's going to have to get a lot stronger with much better endurance. She's going to be living in the weight room, then walking over to the practice court and work on her perimeter game. There won't be that much pressure on her to play in her freshman year, and she can use it to get stronger and learn from watching AZ, Pheese and Lou and listening to the Grandmaster. Nice roll models huh?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
+ 1 a thousand times. I agree with you 100%. Get Eziyoda in the spring (Australian kid), and then Boston, Brunelle, Amihere and Cooke from 2019.
I've told you before, from your mouth....

Plebe

Reaction Score
"That news about Connecticut having a down year on the recruiting trail is so last week." :D
Charli Collier's decommit almost seems like a blessing in disguise at this point.

Also from the article:
"Nelson-Ododa, who also was considering Duke, South Carolina, Florida State and Georgia, said she spent the last few weeks analyzing her visits and the programs she was considering with input from her parents. She called coach Geno Auriemma Monday night to tell him that she had arrived at a decision. She had him on speaker phone with her mom, Heather, and dad, Alonzo, a former player at Huntington University and the Kenyan national team, listening in."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And like Stewie she's going to have to get a lot stronger with much better endurance. She's going to be living in the weight room, then walking over to the practice court and work on her perimeter game. There won't be that much pressure on her to play in her freshman year, and she can use it to get stronger and learn from watching AZ, Pheese and Lou and listening to the Grandmaster. Nice roll models huh?
Olivia is built a lot like Stewie. I want to know her wingspan. I bet it's approaching 7'.

Crystal will take Olivia into the weight room and have her doing handstands by her sophomore year. :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Plus Other states :) I've never lived in Connecticut, but since the first time I saw them play in 1991 at the final four.. I was hooked.. Can I be an honorary Connecticut citizen?? :)
I just wish there were a video of their 1991 Final Four appearance. Just curious: What was it about that 1991 team that made you an instant fan?

I can identify. I have no ties whatsoever to Connecticut. Born and raised in Texas. The closest I've ever lived to the Northeast is Pittsburgh and DC. But I was instantly won over by the 1995 team that took down mighty Tennessee.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So, the inevitable question: How does ONO compare to Charli Collier?
I had the impression that Charli had a better face-up game and shot from distance, but recent info suggests that Olivia is pretty good at that too.

Olivia has a very long reach and good timing. Remember how Stewie rebounded over other players and blocked shots? Olivia is similar in that regard.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Charli Collier's decommit almost seems like a blessing in disguise at this point.

Also from the article:
"Nelson-Ododa, who also was considering Duke, South Carolina, Florida State and Georgia, said she spent the last few weeks analyzing her visits and the programs she was considering with input from her parents. She called coach Geno Auriemma Monday night to tell him that she had arrived at a decision. She had him on speaker phone with her mom, Heather, and dad, Alonzo, a former player at Huntington University and the Kenyan national team, listening in."
The ESPN article went on to say that she thought that talking to Geno was the fun part, because he did not see it coming. (Which makes you wonder if he was deking when he mentioned "one next week" last week.) She and her family appreciated his excitement when he heard the news.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom