Olivia To UConn! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olivia To UConn!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow. I'm shocked but not really. Congrats Olivia and the Huskies... I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point.
I'm in the same state. Shocked but not really. Did you have a sense of where she was leaning?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Because of her knee injury I expect her sophomore leap to be tremendous. Congratulations Husky fans across the nation who in one week got 2 players who are incredible athletes, immensely humble and coachable. Also, congratulations Husky fans for being so fortunate in having the greatest coach and staff that has blown practice whistle.

Now, how about we add that thunder from down under.
Do we know the specifics of her knee injury? ACL or something else? Is she out for the year?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Do we know the specifics of her knee injury? ACL or something else? Is she out for the year?
It was an ACL during last season and she is well into her rehab. When and if she plays competitively is still to be determined but she should be ready before the end of the HS season this year.

I think Gabby and Shea were probably pretty instrumental in this recruiting process as they both could relate to her process this past year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It was an ACL during last season and she is well into her rehab. When and if she plays competitively is still to be determined but she should be ready before the end of the HS season this year.

I think Gabby and Shea were probably pretty instrumental in this recruiting process as they both could relate to her process this past year.
It didn't hurt that she traveled to Storrs with a young lady who pretty much committed during her visit and talked incessantly about playing there together.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks Java, your Olivia post was the first one I saw. I just logged on, this is great. My first reaction is to the UConn coaches and the wonderful job they did in recruiting her. I liken this to them hitting a walk-off grand-slam home run in the bottom of the ninth with two out and down 3 runs. ONO is THE ONE Recruit I wanted from the 2018 class. If they got others from that class, fine. But SHE is the main player I wanted!! Today is a great day!!!!

Olivia - Welcome to the UConn family. You just made a decision you will NEVER regret. :):D

To my fellow BY's - OK, you guys can start breathing again. :p

Postscript - Whoever is the assistant coach for UConn (I don't know which of the 3 coaches is in charge of their recruiting), after landing two of the top 5 recruits in next year's class, she can now strut around their office asking this question: "All right ladies, how do you like me now?" :D UConn has not always got the recruits they coveted most. This week kind of tilts the scales back in the other direction a little. These last 8 days have been fantastic for the program. After what they went through to end the season, they can use some good news, and a pick-me-up. I'm feeling pretty good right now, how about you? :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the aspects of ONO's decision that is fascinating, is that she almost seemed to be a "stealth" recruit. She made only 1 trip to UConn, a few weeks back. There were no hints on her social media posts. I'm not even sure when Geno and his coaches made visits to her home or to watch her play. I'm really looking forward to the press accounts on how she made her decision.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm in the same state. Shocked but not really. Did you have a sense of where she was leaning?

I didn't know where exactly. I knew in my gut though that it wasn't South Carolina. I came to that reality a few days ago after Williams committed. I just did not get a good vibe after that.

I watched her live stream anyway, because we were a factor but I wasn't expecting South Carolina at all.

Reaction Score
IMHO no it does not. UCONN got #1 and #4, but Baylor got #3, #9, and #15, #18, and #28. UCONN got higher quality, but Baylor got 4 kids in the top 20 and 2 of them are top 10.
the difference is that after a couple yrs at UConn, these two players will still be # 1 and #4 in the country, but this time in WCBB, while Baylor's will be honorable mention.

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ok, Eric, time for your double backflip into the snow! :D
83079021.gif

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Woops - bad info, thought it was an ACL but from the W:
The senior at Georgia's Winder-Barrow High School has been sidelined since January after undergoing surgery to repair a fractured kneecap and a torn medial patellofemoral. She has been cleared for contact and is hoping to return to the floor soon. At UConn, she plans to pursue a degree in the medical field.

Full story:
Olivia Nelson-Ododa commits to Connecticut Huskies women's basketball on final day of early signing period

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom