Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The biggest Joke. . . . . . . Team Fishy

The funniest I remember was the Panzies incident at Quarry Ridge. Don't remember the guys name but he was one of Mau's boozebag buddies.

mini-canon.jpg

Imagine Swami lining up his final putt, with the BYC title in the balance, when Prankster strikes!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The biggest Joke. . . . . . . Team Fishy

The funniest I remember was the Panzies incident at Quarry Ridge. Don't remember the guys name but he was one of Mau's boozebag buddies.

First winners of the BYC? AAAB, Iron Mike, temery, and the anonymous player.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The biggest grudge, by far, on this board is over Edsall, and it dates back to 2005 and 2006, when several posters were critical of Edsall's poor performance and seemingly endless leash with most of the fans and press. The Edsall supporters were/are called "apologists" or "apologistas". Bringing up Edsall on the football board still inspires venom, and in some cases, threats of physical violence, and the guy left 3 and a half years ago.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
First winners of the BYC? AAAB, Iron Mike, temery, and the anonymous player.

Worst thing Iron Mike ever did was show up at a BYC. The guy was 5'4" and 125 lb soaking wet. He was Wicker Mike after that.

Reaction Score
Worst thing Iron Mike ever did was show up at a BYC. The guy was 5'4" and 125 lb soaking wet. He was Wicker Mike after that.

And his name isn't Mike. I believe it was Chris.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

AAAB and Iron Mike won he BYC, Wayne and I went along for the ride. Team Fishy was all hype. They didn't even come close to 2nd. I am not even sure they've finished yet.

Reaction Score
The longest running grudge is between Gurley and I.

He hasn't spoken to me since the bitter Mejia-Millsap fued of 2003.

It was so silly...I don't even remember who was right.
Over the years I've seen many spats with you and newbies. Majority are corrective keyboard behavior spats. Amazing how you always seem to win or convert those posters, teaching old Huskies new tricks. In fact your like totals is probably from 75% of those converts. Sorta like the Pastor of the Boneyard Church.

You may want to write a blog about this so we can practice some of your techniques on our wives. Or better yet invite you over for dinner. At least if it doesn't work you'll be close enough to punch them in the throat with our complete and unchallenged permission.

Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
The biggest grudge, by far, on this board is over Edsall, and it dates back to 2005 and 2006, when several posters were critical of Edsall's poor performance and seemingly endless leash with most of the fans and press.
Maybe on the football board, but way off the mark more broadly for The Boneyard. With The Boneyard's origins dating back to the mid/late 90s around, or after the demise of the old Husky B&W publication, numerous grudges came and went before the initial gridiron Edsall debates. As JC politely suggested to Syracuse alum, Ken Krayeske, ...

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
This is bringing back suppressed memories. I came to the boneyard via the old mail list group. From earlier days I can remember nutty haters like that UMass fan clothfrog, a crazed St. John's fan that maybe had 'John' in his user name, and even a UConn fan who got involved in feud after feud (mostly with other UConn fans) while claiming mental superiority over anyone who disagreed. Why am I devoting brain cells to this stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How about the PC board with the Godfather " why we hate uconn " treatise. I think that was written before our first NC. And they still trot it out .

All those sad sacks have is that post and Ernie DiGregorio.

Lol PeeCee

Reaction Score
How long ago was the great rodent-induced dishwasher flood? It doesn't seem like all that long ago but then again, in my mind it is still 1995 and I'm still 17.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but while not the oldest, any RutgersAl allusions still make me chuckle.

For those who don't know, RutgersAl was a poster on Scout boards (often called TOB - the other (old) board).

He lives in a completely and utterly delusional state where Rutgers Basketball is on the cusp of dominating the Big East, and annually has the next Michael Jordan on the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
Explain the pancake rabbit please.
There was no great backstory to that one that was specific to the yard. It was an internet meme that took hold for a while on message boards. When someone would say something nonsensical, the comeback would be a photo that said "I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a rabbit with a pancake on his head'"

No. 15 on this list:

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=26837

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The longest running grudge is between Gurley and I.

He hasn't spoken to me since the bitter Mejia-Millsap fued of 2003.

It was so silly...I don't even remember who was right.

That was the least important bit of that exchange.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How long ago was the great rodent-induced dishwasher flood? It doesn't seem like all that long ago but then again, in my mind it is still 1995 and I'm still 17.

That was only a couple of years ago, I think. The little evil, conniving creatures conspired to eat a hole in my dishwasher discharge hose with water pouring out right at the start of a Husky game. Don't get me started on the most evil of little creatures, the chipmunks, with whom I have waged war and once nearly wiped them out (temporarily). Now they see me coming, sit up, and give me the finger before strolling off to tunnel under my house and yard.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone mentioned, but while not the oldest, any RutgersAl allusions still make me chuckle.

For those who don't know, RutgersAl was a poster on Scout boards (often called TOB - the other (old) board).

He lives in a completely and utterly delusional state where Rutgers Basketball is on the cusp of dominating the Big East, and annually has the next Michael Jordan on the roster.

That guy was hilarious!
Definite legend within his own mind.
Nothing could dissuade his firm belief that Rutgers was on the verge of conquering the world.

Reaction Score
intlzncster said:
That was the least important bit of that exchange.

The most important bit was that I didn't know I was in a contest until Fishy decided we were in one. And of course he was winning. He's sneaky.

What grinds my gears is that the point I had actually made based on personal observation turned out to be genius - Sammy Mejia was Mike Jones' backup on his AAU team and I thought that Mejia would be a better college player (Jones was a McD's guy, Mejia was out of the top 100). Which turned out to be true. But that's now forgotten in the Millsap-Mejia wars. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom