Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That guy was hilarious!
Definite legend within his own mind.
Nothing could dissuade his firm belief that Rutgers was on the verge of conquering the world.

I know, I actually looked forward to that guys posts. Just awesome. Always an entertaining read.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The most important bit was that I didn't know I was in a contest until Fishy decided we were in one. And of course he was winning. He's sneaky.

Don't let the sunny disposition fool you, Fishy is the ultimate front runner.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That was only a couple of years ago, I think. The little evil, conniving creatures conspired to eat a hole in my dishwasher discharge hose with water pouring out right at the start of a Husky game. Don't get me started on the most evil of little creatures, the chipmunks, with whom I have waged war and once nearly wiped them out (temporarily). Now they see me coming, sit up, and give me the finger before strolling off to tunnel under my house and yard.

I'm guessing you were too old to watch Rescue Rangers. From the start, you had no chance.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The most important bit was that I didn't know I was in a contest until Fishy decided we were in one. And of course he was winning. He's sneaky.

What grinds my gears is that the point I had actually made based on personal observation turned out to be genius - Sammy Mejia was Mike Jones' backup on his AAU team and I thought that Mejia would be a better college player (Jones was a McD's guy, Mejia was out of the top 100). Which turned out to be true. But that's now forgotten in the Millsap-Mejia wars. Sigh.

Mejia turned out to be a fine little player.

Where is he now? I need my garage painted.

I'd call Paul Millsap, but he's pretty busy with being an NBA star and all.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Oh, you know what else I forgot, you farging iceholes? PROFANITY FRIDAYS.

The Boneyard sunk to some deep, dark places on those Fridays. Poor jeffg and his mom. RIP.

Reaction Score
Oh, you know what else I forgot, you farging iceholes? PROFANITY FRIDAYS.

The Boneyard sunk to some deep, dark places on those Fridays. Poor jeffg and his mom. RIP.

Bucky (Jake Voskuhl's uncle Jim) really loved those Profanity Fridays. RIP Bucky.

Reaction Score
As a rising sophomore boneyarder, I'd love to read some classic HFD posts. I also want to know why we all spell out s e x, even if it's in the middle of an otherwise benign word like middle s e x? Is that the profanity filter? Sex

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That's the profanity filter.

As for HFD, I don't know if I'd call them classic. Incomprehensible, rambling, uninformed and manic are better descriptors.

Some of the dimwits seemed to be amused by him, but if your IQ is over 90, reading an HFD post and having a flooring nail driven through your frontal lobe are similar experiences.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Over the years I've seen many spats with you and newbies. Majority are corrective keyboard behavior spats. Amazing how you always seem to win or convert those posters, teaching old Huskies new tricks. In fact your like totals is probably from 75% of those converts. Sorta like the Pastor of the Boneyard Church.

You may want to write a blog about this so we can practice some of your techniques on our wives. Or better yet invite you over for dinner. At least if it doesn't work you'll be close enough to punch them in the throat with our complete and unchallenged permission.

They weren't spats - it's orientation.

Some new posters just fit right in.

Some are never going to fit in and you can tell right off the bat that they'll need to be culled.

And some will fit in if you whack them upside the head hard enough. (aka "orientation".)

It's the fine art of guiding the new duckies across the road to the Boneyard on the other side. Some scoot right over, some get squashed and some just need to be booted across the road for their own good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Talk about 180 degrees.

We went from Profanity Friday to not being able to use 15% of the English language.
Or 50% of the dialect spoken in our house.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Bucky (Jake Voskuhl's uncle Jim) really loved those Profanity Fridays. RIP Bucky.

Almost as much as he loved Charlie Hustle.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Enzo Patoni.
Not a joke. Perish the thought.

I almost wish it was a joke; then maybe at least we could get the tiles replaced. But nooooo...we've got to find an equally-skilled artisan and visionary to fire up the kiln. Unbelievable.

That's no joke!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Maybe on the football board, but way off the mark more broadly for The Boneyard. With The Boneyard's origins dating back to the mid/late 90s around, or after the demise of the old Husky B&W publication, numerous grudges came and went before the initial gridiron Edsall debates. As JC politely suggested to Syracuse alum, Ken Krayeske, ...

Exactly, they came and went. Edsall and the apologists is an 8 and a half year old argument that still inspires vitriol.

Reaction Score
Would someone care to explain senhor? And don't worry, I have looked it up on google images, hence the reason I hadn't gone on this site for the past week.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Sibeerian, and even a UConn fan who got involved in feud after feud (mostly with other UConn fans) while claiming mental superiority over anyone who disagreed. Why am I devoting brain cells to this stuff.[/QUOTE]

Did that person leave??

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's the profanity filter.

As for HFD, I don't know if I'd call them classic. Incomprehensible, rambling, uninformed and manic are better descriptors.

Some of the dimwits seemed to be amused by him, but if your IQ is over 90, reading an HFD post and having a flooring nail driven through your frontal lobe are similar experiences.
Well fortunately I'm coming in at just under 90...I loved the guy. He actually had a post that ended up just being incomprehensible letters. I suspect that he may have passed out on the keyboard.

Still the guy was huge fan. Kind of hard to argue with that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any post on the football board involving a players reported sprint times. It requires mandatory education on the difference between manual and automated timing, reminders to older posters that they now (for the past 20 years) run sprints in meters not yards, and the old standby that not all football players are coached on how to properly run a sprint.

And then there's a bunch more that goes in to it, but the horse is dead by that point anyways.

Reaction Score
I just wish I still had the Husky Dolls photo

Say what?
dolls.jpg

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I believe I have been here at least 10-12 years if not more ( not good with linear time).

DOOMED! Just seemed like a good response to any negative posts and it took off from there- I believe in my heart we will always be DOOMED!!!
I have always thought that it is the requisite response when posts start becoming too cocky and are thereby offending the mojo deities.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
If memory serves the old Hartford courant website where it all started was called "Husky Hardcores" or something similar right?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Would someone care to explain senhor? And don't worry, I have looked it up on google images, hence the reason I hadn't gone on this site for the past week.
Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but Prankster I believe was awarding a senhor testiculo honor to the player of the game this year, one who displayed the most intestinal fortitude, as it were. It was accompanied by a signature picture of that testicle mascot, of Brazilian origin. Hence the name Senhor. Deepster decided it was the mojo muse this year because everybody hated looking at that thing. Pure magic was the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba22

Top Bottom