Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Oldest running joke or grudge on the boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
My old sig had a boneyard guide with basically all the jokes on it. It got deleted somehow however

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
What no Turkey Vultures? What of Baby bunnies meeting their demise on Deepster's lawn?
Love potion anyone? Fishy's duckies - how could I forget Fishy's tender-hearted concen for smooshed duckies?! And Mike Mussina's uterus of course.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
A Yarder a long time ago wanted the Yard to give him/her a handle. Fandingo was thrown out there by, I think, RichZ. I wrote that the name Fandingo made me imagine a latin lover guy in satin pants. I have no idea why I wrote satin pants. Do they make satin pants?

You may now and then see a satin pants reference.

It was the perfect name. Wasn't he an Aussie??

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
What no Turkey Vultures? What of Baby bunnies meeting their demise on Deepster's lawn?
Love potion anyone?
I think the Turkey Vulture reference started with CTO, when one perched on the window outside her downstate office. She'd never seen one before, and wondered what a buzzard would be doing in CT.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Gurleyman said:
That followed on the heels of "Kevin Freeman was high school teammates with Tim Thomas" in the category of tid-bits we heard on every single telecast. "Elephant in your head" came from an Al Maguire game referring to Ricky's defense, but that one faded with time.

Ricky's father was a caddy at Augusta.......

As for yardiisms:

Oklahoma Eric

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I found the Boneyard just a few days after 3/29/99.

The 3 big jokes at the time:

*BeneDuke selling his soul for a chance at a pizza
*Revrat saying in the chat room, right after the Langdon travel, that he wanted to have Ricky's baby
*Cuz: "I get the ball...and the hat?!?!"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There was some type of award with oak clusters and filigree that one of the posters used to bestow upon those most worthy. I think zymurg and Deepster were awarded ones; can't remember the others. There may have been two versions of the award. I think the poster was Dr. Dos.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
That followed on the heels of "Kevin Freeman was high school teammates with Tim Thomas" in the category of tid-bits we heard on every single telecast.

"Elephant in your head" came from an Al Maguire game referring to Ricky's defense, but that one faded with time.

I have brought this into the chatroom more recently and got no recognition from the newer generation of chatters....too bad, classic line that could have gotten a lot of use describing Boat's defense in the NCAA tourney.

August_West

Reaction Score
8893 said:
There was some type of award with oak clusters and filigree that one of the posters used to bestow upon those most worthy. I think zymurg and Deepster were awarded ones; can't remember the others. There may have been two versions of the award. I think the poster was Dr. Dos.
The filigree!!

Reaction Score
You know what's a long since forgotten Boneyard item?

The rivalry with UMass and the b-ball.com rivalry board. As hard as it might be to believe? Their fans once thought their program was better than ours and were very, very boisterous in letting us know. They crashed our boards from time to time and there was actually some maniac on their board who really threatened some people on ours.

Well....we see how that whole mess worked out for the both of us.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You know what's a long since forgotten Boneyard item?

The rivalry with UMass and the b-ball.com rivalry board. As hard as it might be to believe? Their fans once thought their program was better than ours and were very, very boisterous in letting us know. They crashed our boards from time to time and there was actually some maniac on their board who really threatened some people on ours.

Well....we see how that whole mess worked out for the both of us.

Oh, I remember. UMFan? "Craigy"?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
A picture of Dogfather in a bra was for some reason going around back in the day.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
A picture of Dogfather in a bra was for some reason going around back in the day.
Dogfather-Bra.jpg

...completely disappeared....the Beneduke took his pizza and left the building.

August_West

Reaction Score
I just wish I still had the Husky Dolls photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member