Okay I’m off the Ollie train | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Okay I’m off the Ollie train

Reaction Score
Who do you think should shoulder a lot of the blame for all the personnel and staff turnover? We're seeing a common refrain that it's assistant coaches and players who didn't want to buy in that are the problem and not the head coach who apparently doesn't have an accurate mirror to see himself.
Obviously the head coach gets all the blame, he changes coaching personnel to better recruit , players have to be accountable too, need to check their pride as well. Like I said it was embarrassing to watch a team play so poorly but Ollie can’t play for them.. like can we at least take pride in playing D

Reaction Score
Because at this point in the season you know every team that is really really good? Did everyone expect us to be very very good and win it all in 2014? Let me know when we fill out the brackets, I want to be in your pool. I'm going to be a millionare in April.
Dude we all are just ranting after a horrific and embarrassing loss. No one is sane right now, including me. More importantly we can't see the light because we've just entered a tunnel (I'm not sure when). Lets hope the tunnel is as short as you see it. But nonetheless we are in one, that's the reality.

Reaction Score
I know this team doesn't have much talent, and I know they are pretty unskilled offensively. The effort they had been showing was giving me some hope that things could turn in a positive direction. Well, today was another reminder that it isn't going to happen. Coach Ollie has shown nothing to prove that he can manage this program. He took over a team that had talent and a special player who could be the best player on the court every game. Since then, all we have seen is a roster that is in permanent flux and a lot of bad losses. He just doesn't have it, period.

Reaction Score
Do we know if Ollie is actually on the hot seat, or is this just us?

AD Dave hasn't tweeted since halftime of the Cincinnati football game. Embarrassment and/or not wanting to hear it from the fans?

That Auburn AD job looking real nice right now...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Do we know if Ollie is actually on the hot seat, or is this just us?

I don't have anything to share in great detail, but people in the know have told me that AD Dave is certainly not napping when it comes to overseeing the program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
AD Dave hasn't tweeted since halftime of the Cincinnati football game. Embarrassment and/or not wanting to hear it from the fans?

That Auburn AD job looking real nice right now...

Oh come off it.

Reaction Score
Hey bass F off.

They were awful and he was awful I don't need a like you pounding your chest. I have no issues with anyone else's thoughts here but again to You F OFF

Fantastic insight. You could at least man up and admit that you were very wrong.

Reaction Score
Dude we all are just ranting after a horrific and embarrassing loss. No one is sane right now, including me. More importantly we can't see the light because we've just entered a tunnel (I'm not sure when). Lets hope the tunnel is as short as you see it. But nonetheless we are in one, that's the reality.
I am all about logic versus temporary emotion, and no one expected it, but a watershed moment just happened.

Reaction Score
Was at the game, on the baseline 4th row back across from Uconn bench... the lack of coaching and fire by the staff was unbelievable! Ollie sat in his seat 80% of the game. There were no adjustments made at any point. Bad shots? Not a peep. He just sat and did nothing. Players had no juice and he did nothing to light a fire. His offense is abhorrent! You have 4 guys that are competent on offense, so you need to screen off the ball to help create openings for easy baskets, and they do none of that. Just high on ball screen and hope for the best. I’ve defended Ollie until now. I’m over it

Reaction Score
This was embarrassing as anything I've ever seen as a UConn fan. From the players effort to the effort on the sideline. Can't take that "awww man" confused look when you just sit there. Get up and coach through the bad times as much as the good times or just don't coach at all. Can't be good for the kids to see that from him, he gave up and watched a bunch of players do the same, minus a couple.

Really speechless on how the last 2 went and how the "stars" are treated vs the rest. He took Polley out for mistakes yesterday and he didn't play for 35 minutes of game time after that yet Larrier and Jalen give 10% effort on D and continue to jack up points to make tehmselves feel good. No one is watching either of you guys by the way, you both need to stay in college and learn to play both ends.

Really frustrated with KO, really really pissed off.

Reaction Score
Yes, but also when was the last time we faced a team that shot 60% from the field and 58% from deep? They shot the lights out of that place.

Agree but the defense was lackluster at best. Only a couple of guys working to switch or fight through screens and 2 of them were NOT Jalen and Terry who should be leading this team. They aren't I don't care how many points they score they work harder on that end that's the only reason.

Reaction Score
Agree but the defense was lackluster at best. Only a couple of guys working to switch or fight through screens and 2 of them were NOT Jalen and Terry who should be leading this team. They aren't I don't care how many points they score they work harder on that end that's the only reason.
Agree, not sure how some posters are saying our perimeter defense was in ARK's grill. Caught Larrier multiple times on the perimeter ( i wont say defending ;-)) with both arms near his knees. What happened to 1 hand up and the other guarding the passing lane. This from our 6'8" NBA caliber player/leader. Of course, its not all TL's fault but there was a BIG gap in defense strategy today. What happened and no fix installed?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well, I didn’t want to hire him. Thought we could get a guy with much more experience. But Calhoun screwed us with his late announcement to ensure his guy got the job. Then we was ok initially and won a title in 2014. But he’s done nothing since.

The truth is, I don’t think he understands college basketball very well and is better suited to the NBA. The reverse of guys like Pitino. He’s terrible at game planning, and runs the same non offense all the time. Any decent coach who watched us against Oregon could see how we could easily be defended.

That being said, who is replacing him? I opposed firing him in the off-season because the program was in rough shape and I didn’t have confidence that his replacement would be an upgrade. If we could lure Amaker from Harvard I’d do it tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Ollie can't find a way to get us to be a top 2 team in the AAC. He has the practice center, a great past history to help with recruiting, a great on campus court, a decent fan base. The losses at Houston, the beatdowns by SMU, losing at Tulsa and ECU. Slow starts are a normal thing. Do people see a guy who is demanding excellence on the bench? There is no momentum with him running things for some reason. It is a constant feeling of what just happened out there? It is a mess.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand how you don't evolve as an offensive coach at all. Clearly it can be masked when you have the best scoring PG in the game but now it's basically this board relying on our current guards to be Kemba or Shabazz aka two of the best college players this generation. Is that really what we should be laying our hopes on?

Reaction Score
I'm not ranting after a loss. I have been on this board from when it was hosted on the Four and. I rarely post. The program is lost. It is not all Ollie. Realignment is the biggest contributor. But Ollie is the clearly not up to the task and more of a concern, appears to have given up. Not o my did the team have no fight, coaching had no fight. I think we need a new coach next season - provided we can secure one that is a clear upgrade.

Reaction Score
I'm not ranting after a loss. I have been on this board from when it was hosted on the Four and. I rarely post. The program is lost. It is not all Ollie. Realignment is the biggest contributor. But Ollie is the clearly not up to the task and more of a concern, appears to have given up. Not o my did the team have no fight, coaching had no fight. I think we need a new coach next season - provided we can secure one that is a clear upgrade.

It seems like the marketing department is trying real hard to sell tickets. I fear that attendance is just going to keep dropping and dropping for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
Agree, not sure how some posters are saying our perimeter defense was in ARK's grill. Caught Larrier multiple times on the perimeter ( i wont say defending ;-)) with both arms near his knees. What happened to 1 hand up and the other guarding the passing lane. This from our 6'8" NBA caliber player/leader. Of course, its not all TL's fault but there was a BIG gap in defense strategy today. What happened and no fix installed?

The only way Larrier is going pro is with a passport.

Reaction Score
Was at the game, on the baseline 4th row back across from Uconn bench... the lack of coaching and fire by the staff was unbelievable! Ollie sat in his seat 80% of the game. There were no adjustments made at any point. Bad shots? Not a peep. He just sat and did nothing. Players had no juice and he did nothing to light a fire. His offense is abhorrent! You have 4 guys that are competent on offense, so you need to screen off the ball to help create openings for easy baskets, and they do none of that. Just high on ball screen and hope for the best. I’ve defended Ollie until now. I’m over it
You are confirming what we saw on tv. I agree with you but also realize he doesn’t have the horses. That goes to him, that’s his job.

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting it took a 75 foot prayer by Jalen Adams to keeps us from missing the NCAA's the last 3 years.
We were probably in. The irony is if he missed it we may have gone farther in the tournament instead of meeting Kansas in the second round

Reaction Score
The so called stars on this team are not serious about the game. KO wasn't seriously coaching today and our guard's don't shot goid enough to put any pressure on the D playing small ball. KO needs to recognize this and change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom