Okay I’m off the Ollie train

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
And imo Ollie hurts recruiting more than the AAC

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
All last year when he was trying to piece a team together with 6-8 players, I opined that we needed to give him a chance to see what he could do with a full roster. Well, not liking what I'm seeing.

OTOH, it is the 6th game of the season.

I'll phrase it this way. This better be the low point of the season. We will need to see major improvement on both ends of the floor, or I'm looking for a new coach too.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
UConn got blown out by Louisville the same year they won it all. Just sayin...

Reaction Score
This has been Ollie for over three years now. He brings nothing to the team. Not coaching or recruiting. I'm thankful a lot of the holdouts will finally wake up to the most overpaid coach in men's college basketball. This team is a bunch of indivuals that make no one around them better. But that's the KO offense.

Reaction Score
Completely unprepared physically and mentally for a key OOC game. No accountability or pride. Guys basically going through the motions, and KO completely uninterested in laying into anyone.

Couldn't agree more.

It's almost as if Ollie doesn't want to show any individual player much needed tough love in fear of having ANOTHER player transfer, reinforcing the narrative that kids don't want to play here.

Reaction Score
I look at the program and the number of transfers, grad transfers playing plus isn't Kwintin Williams like 23 years old? The team he put together is just so odd. Sure we can have one transfer like Ed Nelson but you're going to get a player like ... Ed Nelson. Grow the program with high school players... Ollie recruited me players and it's why we are where we are.

Calhoun recruited team players who picked up other team mates and made them better... think Kemba... then think Larrier...

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more.

It's almost as if Ollie doesn't want to show any individual player much needed tough love in fear of having ANOTHER player transfer, reinforcing the narrative that kids don't want to play here.
lol trust me that's not the problem

Reaction Score
He (and all us fans) knew we needed a shooter or two, a reliable one. We got no one in two years.

That's a coaching/recruiting fail big time.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Sure the talent level on this team doesn’t stack up to good UConn teams of the past but this is straight up embarrassing. Losing by thirty to a mediocre Arkansas team? Body language is terrible, not even a halfhearted effort defensively, no plan whatsoever. He’s lost the team in November? After the season they just had? Blow it up and start over.
Is there room in the caboose? I want on.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I look at the program and the number of transfers, grad transfers playing plus isn't Kwintin Williams like 23 years old? The team he put together is just so odd. Sure we can have one transfer like Ed Nelson but you're going to get a player like ... Ed Nelson. Grow the program with high school players... Ollie recruited me players and it's why we are where we are.

Calhoun recruited team players who picked up other team mates and made them better... think Kemba... then think Larrier...
What's wrong with Ed Nelson, huh?

Reaction Score
UConn got blown out by Louisville the same year they won it all. Just sayin...

And it should be noted in an off season interview it was Kevin Ollie said who after that game, when he was "yelling like a mad man" which was the wrong approach, Shabazz Napier gathered the team around and told them calmly "We are gonna win the National Championship". Ollie basically credited Napier for taking control of the team at that point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You see, this argument doesn't hold water when a JUCO guard just absolutely torched us, and a team with JUCOs in its rotation and DI transfers just hung 100+ on us.

Why does everyone who's (rightly) upset with the state of the program have such stupid, illegitimate reasons why?

Reaction Score
The knock in the AD is Ollie wants to be buddies with players and not their coach. He’s had a whole rash of personal issues with a myriad of guys.

It reflects itself in how he coaches. It’s a disaster. I felt like I was coming around on Ollie a few days ago but I’m cooked. The lack of preparation for this game was just jarring.

Losing is one thing. But how you lose is
Everything. The same problems, different cast every year. Just general lack of preparedness. Not much fight. Not much size. It’s just the movie Groundhog Day over and over again.

Reaction Score
You see, this argument doesn't hold water when a JUCO guard just absolutely torched us, and a team with JUCOs in its rotation and DI transfers just hung 100+ on us.

Why does everyone who's (rightly) upset with the state of the program have such stupid, illegitimate reasons why?

Tell me who do the TOP programs the vast majority of the time have more success with... Juco's or High school recruits?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom