OT: - OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The bite pressure on a good bagel squeezes everything out of bagel
That's my experience. And if the "bagel" does happen to be soft enough to accomplish the task, it's really a roll with a hole in it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A good hard roll or lightly toasted muffin even much better options for sandwich integrity. A bagel is a frickin mess.

I agree on egg prep. The omelette scramble style on a breakfast sandwich is for noobs

Back to OP, if I am making a breakfast burrito, scrambled is the way to go.

Reaction Score
In NYC an egg, cheese and sausage (or bacon) sandwich on a hard roll bought at a local deli is was a killer breakfast!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A good hard roll or lightly toasted muffin even much better options for sandwich integrity. A bagel is a frickin mess.

I agree on egg prep. The omelette scramble style on a breakfast sandwich is for noobs
Beg to differ. On a tortilla, it is the way to go. They lack the structural integrity. Agree otherwise though.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I'm eating an egg and provolone on an english muffin right now. Living in the Southwest, we're up to our eyeballs in tortillas and burritos. I love a good tortilla, but I'll take bacon/egg/cheese on a good roll or an eglish muffin every time.

The only place within 50 miles that I can get a good egg sandwich is a deli that's inside a gas station and owned by an ex New Yorker. He'll even make you an egg, provolone and Taylor Ham (pork roll) sandwich if you know to ask for it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Slices of ham, 2 eggs and Swiss cheese on rye bread. Topped of with Thousand Island dressing. A little messy but oh so good!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Slices of ham, 2 eggs and Swiss cheese on rye bread. Topped of with Thousand Island dressing. A little messy but oh so good!

I see what you did there.

Well played.

Reaction Score
Since quarantine, breakfast tacos have been on high rotation. Decadent breakfast or a quick, easy lunch when time is short...it never disappoints.

Pre-reqs:
  • Street taco-sized corn tortillas, personally I like the blue ones because they look so cool on my Fiestaware.
    • On medium heat on a dry pan, heat each each side of tortilla until there's a touch of burn on each side.
  • Scrambled eggs, no pre-seasoning, but season after cooking with salt, pepper and coriander
  • Lightly salted avocado slices
  • A dab or two of Frank's
On from there, do whatever you want.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Since quarantine, breakfast tacos have been on high rotation. Decadent breakfast or a quick, easy lunch when time is short...it never disappoints.

Pre-reqs:
  • Street taco-sized corn tortillas, personally I like the blue ones because they look so cool on my Fiestaware.
    • On medium heat on a dry pan, heat each each side of tortilla until there's a touch of burn on each side.
  • Scrambled eggs, no pre-seasoning, but season after cooking with salt, pepper and coriander
  • Lightly salted avocado slices
  • A dab or two of Frank's
On from there, do whatever you want.
Switch the Franks with a dab or two of green el yucateco and I’m in

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I hate eggs.
Is this a ban-able offense? I have them just about every day, so I'm on the other side of the spectrum.

Of my choices from the initial post, I take the English muffin 100% of the time. But here at home I use the Calise Bulkie Rolls and broil instead of toast the roll so only the inside of the roll is toasted. Then it's bacon, egg and American cheese.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think American cheese is basically inedible. And I love almost all cheese. There, I said it.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
When I use a Bagel for a breakfast sandwich, I use either two slices of cheese or cut a slice in half. I cover both holes of the Bagel with cheese. It slows down the egg and ketchup escape routes. Oh no, did I say Ketchup? I am not a fast food person anymore. It has been years. However, Mickey D's had breakfast bagels. Same as the McMuffin, only on a bagel. But they the Steak, egg and cheese bagel with saute onions. I miss that bagel. Thomas also has the large English muffins. Four in a pack. In addition, the Everything Bagel is a personal favorite of mine.

Reaction Score
Egg, Bacon and Cheese on a toasted/grilled poppy seed roll (maybe sausage removing the bacon). A little ketchup on it too.

The best breakfast sandwiches right down the road from me:

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Asiago bagel, deer meat sausage, Tillamook cheddar and an over medium egg.

IMG_20200619_071959099~2.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
no croissant mention at all? This is ridiculous. hard rolls tortillas English muffins bagels all good choices...but excluding croissant is crazy town.

fair point. A croissant is a very suitable breakfast sandwich conveyance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom