OT: - OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla | The Boneyard

OT: OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla

Reaction Score
OK so yes im having me at night with wine, but I do have them at breakfast. i'm astonissshed but they taest better on a warm flour tortilla. And I love Thomas English muffins. Who Knew?

No better late drunken snack than a fried egg, swiss cheese and bacon on a (formerly English muffin) but now on a hot microwave flour tortilla. Same for waking up at 10 and taking on the Ritz.

Now smoked salmon, hmmmmm, with cheme chese and capers onies still may demand a bagel of muffin.

So Oley Mexico!!!!!

Reaction Score
OK so yes im having me at night with wine, but I do have them at breakfast. i'm astonissshed but they taest better on a warm flour tortilla. And I love Thomas English muffins. Who Knew?

No better late drunken snack than a fried egg, swiss cheese and bacon on a (formerly English muffin) but now on a hot microwave flour tortilla. Same for waking up at 10 and taking on the Ritz.

Now smoked salmon, hmmmmm, with cheme chese and capers onies still may demand a bagel of muffin.

So Oley Mexico!!!!!

Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is probably my death row meal. American cheese though. The orange kind.

Griddled, buttered kaiser roll. And maybe a little jelly for sweetness. Change of pace: king's hawaiian roll.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I use my Hamilton Beach Breakfast sandwich maker to construct a Egg McMuffin. So to me, I vote for the English Muffin.

Attachments

• 1592475906438.png
    1592475906438.png
    268.6 KB · Views: 162

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
English muffin, fork split, buttered and the broiled. I’ve done the tortilla as a wrap around what is basically an omelet. It is good too. Lately though, I have not been taking all the ingredients and building it into a sandwich. I enjoy it more separately on a plate.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Read this thread a minute or two too late.

Just finished off an asiago bagel with egg and ham and Havarti cheese. Used the air fryer to heat the ham. 2 minutes at 400 gives the ham some nice texture and a bit of char on the tips. Finish it off with a tomato based dippy sauce on the side and breakfast is done.

As to original question, I'm a big fan of flour tortillas as bread choice for many sandwiches and snacks. My buffalo chicken quesadillas are legendary.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I like to prep the eggs like I’m making an omelet then toss on the cheese and tortilla while they are still runny. Then you flip it to grill the tortilla. Everything holds together very well.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Had Egg, ham, lettuce and Frank's hot sauce on a plain bagel this morning. I always prefer a "sandwich" over a burrito, but that's mostly cuz I can't wrap a burrito. They're both damn good.

The least healthy but very delicious is a croissant - but overall I think the muffin is a top notch option.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Had Egg, ham, lettuce and Frank's hot sauce on a plain bagel this morning. I always prefer a "sandwich" over a burrito, but that's mostly cuz I can't wrap a burrito. They're both damn good.

The least healthy but very delicious is a croissant - but overall I think the muffin is a top notch option.
Lettuce?

Reaction Score
English muffin for sure.

I have an interesting and IMO a really good (if you like braunschweiger) twist:

Add a single slices of braunschweiger and onion with mayo and spicy brown mustard along with the fried egg (yoke broken and cooked) and pepper jack cheese.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I have a hard time not having the burrito turn to mush (gotta add salsa to the burrito)when I make them but I greatly prefer the flavor. I too have the Hamilton Beach sandwich maker and my only complaint is that it’s sized for English muffins not bagels. Bagels>>>>>>>English muffins

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bagels suck for egg sandwiches.

A toasted bagel is perfect for an over medium egg. Need just enough yolk to soak in to the crusty bagel and a little bit to drizzle on to the plate to sop up.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The bite pressure on a good bagel squeezes everything out of bagel

Maybe for your old rounded out teeth. Get a better dental plan. Even for people like me with superior incisors, yes, you will get some squeeze out. First bite is going to bust the yolk, that's why you want the over medium to minimize yolk spillage. Some have suggested doing an omellete cook on the eggs. To me that screams drive through fast food or hotel lobby. If I'm cooking myself I'm getting yolk and whites.

August_West

Reaction Score
Maybe for your old rounded out teeth. Get a better dental plan. Even for people like me with superior incisors, yes, you will get some squeeze out. First bite is going to bust the yolk, that's why you want the over medium to minimize yolk spillage. Some have suggested doing an omellete cook on the eggs. To me that screams drive through fast food or hotel lobby. If I'm cooking myself I'm getting yolk and whites.
A good hard roll or lightly toasted muffin even much better options for sandwich integrity. A bagel is a frickin mess.

I agree on egg prep. The omelette scramble style on a breakfast sandwich is for noobs

August_West

Reaction Score
I forget that chin can’t get a proper bagel in fla. it’s most likely like wonder bread.
A good firm ny bagel is terrible for breakfast sandwiches

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I forget that chin can’t get a proper bagel in fla. it’s most likely like wonder bread.
A good firm ny bagel is terrible for breakfast sandwiches

Point taken. I definitely am not going to a bagel store and buying fresh made bagels for a sandwich. I know of one place in a 100 mile radius who actually makes their own bagels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom