OT: - OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: OK fried egg with cheese and bacon better on Eng Muf or hot flour tortilla

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Unless you have teeth like a bear trap, all the egg squirts out on the first bite.

Yup.
Looks great until you pick it up and try and eat it. Could you imagine trying to eat that while driving? ( the ultimate sign of an effective breakfast sandwich)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Unless you have teeth like a bear trap, all the egg squirts out on the first bite.
Yup.
Looks great until you pick it up and try and eat it. Could you imagine trying to eat that while driving? ( the ultimate sign of an effective breakfast sandwich)

For the amateurs out there, eating a good breakfast sandwich is like eating.....

Before digging in to the crunchy bagel, you need to nibble around the edges and eat the excess. If you have a natural casing sausage, scoring the top before cooking definitely helps make it easier to eat. Once you have the sandwich trimmed to the size of the bread, you gotta flip it so the top is down and the bottom is up. Easier to bite through the bottom of the bagel with top teeth and hold sandwich in place with bottom. A strong and nimble tongue definitely helps keep the spillage of the insides to a minimum. As SJ said, you use the bread to stop up any mess.

I had less than a forks worth of spillage on plate when I was done. Now, of course, eating at my house, there was no fork. It was a two finger pinch and in to the gullet.

August_West

Reaction Score
For the amateurs out there, eating a good breakfast sandwich is like eating.....

Before digging in to the crunchy bagel, you need to nibble around the edges and eat the excess. If you have a natural casing sausage, scoring the top before cooking definitely helps make it easier to eat. Once you have the sandwich trimmed to the size of the bread, you gotta flip it so the top is down and the bottom is up. Easier to bite through the bottom of the bagel with top teeth and hold sandwich in place with bottom. A strong and nimble tongue definitely helps keep the spillage of the insides to a minimum. As SJ said, you use the bread to stop up any mess.

I had less than a forks worth of spillage on plate when I was done. Now, of course, eating at my house, there was no fork. It was a two finger pinch and in to the gullet.
Picture of front of your shirt with yellow stain please

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Picture of front of your shirt with yellow stain please

Only a little yellow but Ham's Sandlot picture and chest protector was in perfect position to catch the drippage.

IMG_20200619_091209221~2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
no croissant mention at all? This is ridiculous. hard rolls tortillas English muffins bagels all good choices...but excluding croissant is crazy town.

I don't know. I'd say most of the time I eat a breakfast sandwich, I'm working off a bit of a hangover. A croissant is a little lighter fare than I think I need at that time. Brunch with the inlaws? Maybe.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't know. I'd say most of the time I eat a breakfast sandwich, I'm working off a bit of a hangover. A croissant is a little lighter fare than I think I need at that time. Brunch with the inlaws? Maybe.
Croissants are sneakily not light fare imo. A ton of butter and pretty greasy, and they never sit well in my stomach.

Portuguese roll all day for me; hard/Kaiser roll otherwise.

Bialy if I am not making a sandwich out of it. Way better than bagel on all fronts imo.

August_West

Reaction Score
Croissants are sneakily not light fare imo. A ton of butter and pretty greasy, and they never sit well in my stomach.

Portuguese roll all day for me; hard/Kaiser roll otherwise.

Bialy if I am not making a sandwich out of it. Way better than bagel on all fronts imo.
yup was gonna say the same. Croissants are about as healthy as you can get

Reaction Score
yup was gonna say the same. Croissants are about as healthy as you can get

I guess I just think of them as thin and flaky and not going to soak up all that booze.

Reaction Score
Not enough pictures in this thread!

I would vote wrap, but every breakfast wrap I've ever gotten has been so greasy it's ruined the experience. A good old bacon & egg & cheese from McDonalds still slays.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Give me 2 fried eggs over easy with American cheese on each, enough crispy bacon to form a solid layer, and sliced roasted red pepper on toasted wheat bread.

Washed down with a vat of black coffee, no sugar.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's the point, you sop it up with your bread and hash browns.
This makes no sense. Who gets bread and hash browns with a breakfast sandwich? And then uses that extra bread top sop up what squirts out? And that's the point? You're loony. Get two over easy for that. The point of a breakfast sandwich is for everything to stay in. That way you can eat it on the go.

Reaction Score
This makes no sense. Who gets bread and hash browns with a breakfast sandwich? And then uses that extra bread top sop up what squirts out? And that's the point? You're loony. Get two over easy for that. The point of a breakfast sandwich is for everything to stay in. That way you can eat it on the go.
Your bacon, egg, and cheese is on bread and hash browns are awesome...they should always be an accompaniment to a bacon, egg, and cheese. The point of a bacon, egg, and cheese is that they taste great.

A hamburger was designed to be eaten on the go but like a bacon, egg, and cheese they should never be eaten on the go. A good bacon, egg, and cheese is supposed to be messy. It's like the Big Nasty sandwich at Hominy Grill, most of the best eating is when you're sopping up the gravy. You know what's a clean meant for driving sandwich? A bacon, egg, and cheese from D&D. It also shouldn't be eaten by any self-respecting adult.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Had to go to Astoria a couple of weeks ago and Mrs Dove wanted to hit DD. So I tried this egg and sausage wrap thingy...oh ! Will try to replicate tomorrow morning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can get a terrific BEC from Augie and Ray's and not have to worry about wearing it to work.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The Portuguese are very underrated bread makers. Those rolls are made to take on anything and uplift the sandwich.

Do yourselves a favor go in to a Portuguese bakery and ask for Pão da Avó and you will not look back.

Last edited:

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
no croissant mention at all? This is ridiculous. hard rolls tortillas English muffins bagels all good choices...but excluding croissant is crazy town.

If I didn’t, I meant to. I agree.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom